Runecrafting

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
ஐ Glow's Runecrafting Guide ஐ

Title is pretty self-explanitory.

Runecrafting is a manufacturing skill added with the Genesis expansion. With it you can turn shards and chi stones into runes that enhance your stats.
Runecrafting is done at the Divine Emissary of Light in South Archosaur.

The Adv. Runes stats & descriptions:

Step One ~ Buying the Runecrafting books

There are two ways to acquire the Runecrafting skill books:

1) Boutique:

Under Boutique>Crafting. You can buy each of the books here for each level. You will need one of each to fully level your runecrafting. I'd recommend buying them as you need them rather than all at once so you don't waste a large amount of gold at once.

2) Event Forge:

Under Event Forge>Runes. Can be bought here using EC. Again, I recommend buying them as you need them, rather than using a lot of EC at once, just in case.

Same as before, you need one of each book to fully level the runecrafting skill to make the Adv. Runes.

~

Step Two ~ Learning Level 1

This is done the same way as any other crafting skills (although we don't need to do that with all our crafting skills on this server THANK GOD). You go to any elder of any city and select Learn Crafting Skill:

Congrats, you've learned Runecrafting level 1

~

Step Three ~ Leveling Runecrafting/Making Runes

Now that you've learned level 1, to continue leveling up runecrafting, you need the rest of the books from either the Boutique or the Event forge, but you also need to do something else.
You need to fill your crafting experience bar for each level, which you can see at the Divine Emissary of Light>Craft Rune.

To fill up the bar, you just need to make runes within that level. So to make runes, you need two things:

- Shards: Depending the type of rune and the level, they each require a different shard. You can buy or craft all the shards you need at the Jewelcraftsman. You'll only ever need Common, Average or Beautiful shards, which can all be bought.

- Chi Stones: Depending the type of rune and the level, they each require a different chi stone. You can buy most of them at God's Giving in the first tab.

There are one or two chi stones that can't be bought here. However, you can just buy the lower chi stone in God's Giving (Wuhshing) and combine them at the Jewelcraftsman to make the next level up.

Once you have the mats to make your runes, it's pretty simple after that. Just craft runes at the Light NPC to fill the crafting bar at the top of the Manufacture page until it's at 100%. Just make runes in each new level that you learn, it usually takes about 10-25 runes to get to 100%.
You then return to the Elder of any city with the book for the next level>Learn Crafting Skill>Runecrafting Level (x).
Just repeat this step over and over until you reach the last level of Runecrafting (Level 7) and you're all done. Free to make as many Adv runes as you choose, just need coin to buy your mats.

Hopefully this guide is easy enough to follow and helps to avoid any complications in the craft. Sorry it's a bit lengthy, but was just making sure it covers it.
Feel free to comment or PM me with feedback or errors.

ღ Thanks ღ
Last Edit: Oct 16, 2013, 11:22 pm by Glow

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
Thanks for the guide! :)
But just to add, there is yet another way to get the rune skill books.
The Divine Emissary of Shadow NPC allows you to manufacture them under the "runes" tab in exchange for "Divine Honor of Shadow" or "Divine Honor of Void"!
People might not want to use this method, but still, better to state all the ways! :)
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
Thanks for the guide! :)
But just to add, there is yet another way to get the rune skill books.
The Divine Emissary of Shadow NPC allows you to manufacture them under the "runes" tab in exchange for "Divine Honor of Shadow" or "Divine Honor of Void"!
People might not want to use this method, but still, better to state all the ways! :)

You are indeed correct, however buying this books this way would be a silly way to go.

If you do the math for example:
Level 4 Runecrafting
150 EC from Event Forge = 3 gold 50 silver from Boutique (approx 90 EC @ 25 EC per gold) = 4 Divine Honor of the Void at Shadow NPC (200 EC).

Would be cheaper to craft the EC from the Divine Honor of the Void (50EC ea) and then either use the Forge or buy gold.

But yes, there is a third way for future reference, but I think I will leave it out of the guide as it really makes no sense to go for that option when there are two cheaper and easy options.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
And it would take shit ton of bhs to get it.

And luck to get to blue & purple quests, which I lack  :'(

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
Nice guide! I might get a max rune-crafting skill on one of my characters one of these days.

One thing I suggest is showing the best runes you can craft so that people have a reference as to what they can get if they do decide to get rune-crafting people be lazy to check the npc by themselves.

Offline elllieee

• Old Player
~Good Work YURI and thanks for the guide!!!! >:D >:D >:D

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
Nice guide! I might get a max rune-crafting skill on one of my characters one of these days.

One thing I suggest is showing the best runes you can craft so that people have a reference as to what they can get if they do decide to get rune-crafting people be lazy to check the npc by themselves.

Added under the Adv Runes Spoiler. Thanks for the feedback ^_^

~Good Work YURI and thanks for the guide!!!! >:D >:D >:D

Tyty good sir :3

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
thanks so much,been waiting for this guide :D Let the Runecrafting begin !!
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~

Offline Devil Trigger

• Haters gonna hate
  • Lack motivation to care
  • Characters: DevilTrigger, Ghoul
  • Faction: Salvation
Awesome guide.

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
thanks so much,been waiting for this guide :D Let the Runecrafting begin !!

Awesome guide.

:normal-4:

Let me know if there are any errors or if it is too hard to follow, I tend to over-complicate things while trying to make them simple :x

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

Offline Mirquel

• D Re ✙urN Leader
  • Hakuna Matata!
TY for the guide sir :))
If you can beat 'em, Join 'em!

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch