Epic Perfect World

veno guide

yunie1

No, HA venos aren't good at all, not even in the right hands. You get the dick from arcane classes and physical classes during PK.

But coming from a person who doesn't PK nor knows how to, ofc you don't know how to PK.

At the original post, get full r8, physical defense +10% on chest with str/mag or chan, and get either chan or mag on the other r8 pieces. Have 4 weapons, 3 r8 for def level, atk level and purify and 1 dragon weapon for channeling. Use ascended dragon cape, and vitality tome. 1 ascended r8 ring, magic one and now you have 2 choices, either use 1 physical ring to be tankier or 1 magic ring to deal damage. I'd get both, so I could switch between whenever I wanted. About points, minimum str and rest in magic.

This is the ultimate tank build ^

If you wanna deal damage, use ascended supreme robe instead of dragon, use magic tome instead of vitality and both magic rings.

PM me in game and I'll help you with your build if you want, and if I'm in the mood.  ;)

Btw, don't listen to anyone on this thread except for me, caffeine, losergoddess, vimal or tali, and Hellish also, because everyone else on this thread is clueless about PK.  :normal-1:

Pretty much what he said ignoring the rude parts ofc. hehehe You should listen to whoever you think fits your playstyle.  :-\

About the gear part, everything mittens said is pretty much right but I  find atk level weapon useless on veno unless you have insane channeling on other r8 pieces which will make you really squishy. Go for def and purify and use glaive to kill, it's the most efficient way to do so. Phy ring is also not needed.  :-[

But then again, this is just my opinion. c:
Last Edit: Sept 08, 2013, 01:58 am by Clarity

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
Generally speaking, support/tank venos go HA (don't go LA, "jack of all trades" build) and pk venos go AA. I personally prefer to get as much chan as possible if you're going pk veno. Venos, like lupe said, can be capable of tanking a lot in the right hands and are also the highest in HP out of the magic classes (they get 12hp per vit compared to the other classes 10hp per vit).
I'm support/tank and I'm full r8. You can do it too if you get good gear and know how to play.  :-X

No, HA venos aren't good at all, not even in the right hands. You get the dick from arcane classes and physical classes during PK.

But coming from a person who doesn't PK nor knows how to, ofc you don't know how to PK.

At the original post, get full r8, physical defense +10% on chest with str/mag or chan, and get either chan or mag on the other r8 pieces. Have 4 weapons, 3 r8 for def level, atk level and purify and 1 dragon weapon for channeling. Use ascended dragon cape, and vitality tome. 1 ascended r8 ring, magic one and now you have 2 choices, either use 1 physical ring to be tankier or 1 magic ring to deal damage. I'd get both, so I could switch between whenever I wanted. About points, minimum str and rest in magic.

This is the ultimate tank build ^

If you wanna deal damage, use ascended supreme robe instead of dragon, use magic tome instead of vitality and both magic rings.

PM me in game and I'll help you with your build if you want, and if I'm in the mood.  ;)

Btw, don't listen to anyone on this thread except for me, caffeine, losergoddess, vimal or tali, and Hellish also, because everyone else on this thread is clueless about PK.  :normal-1:

'-' Not true. You can get tankier by switching around your stats so that you can actually tank more. There is a HUGE difference between a vit veno and a full magic veno. And do I count as a knowledgeable veno?  :'(

I do PK, you just haven't seen me. Being in NoHomo it is kinda hard NOT to be involved with PK/PvP.

To the OP, everyone has their own views and should not be disregarded because someone said to. HA Venos can be good in PvP if the player knows how to use it.
I haven't seen NH PK in months.  :)) And a HA veno decided to attack my little AA/HA cleric today. I laughed at her damage.  :-X

I agree. I can tank way better in AA than I can in HA, and I can't stand having low damage output or being in fox-form for extended periods of time. I personally don't like support veno's whatsoever as they aren't very good at support as an EP or Mystic would be. Best support is a great offense for venos imo.
I agree and disagree. Support EPs and Mystics are great, they can heal, that is supporting by healing. But a veno can support their whole squad and whole guild if the guild calls AA well. If a support veno runs through the masses, AOE purges, amps the AA'd target and tanks the whole group's attacks and gets out.... Do you know how much that helps? A full magic veno cannot tank more than a few people at once, while if you build yourself well you can pull cata like a barb and survive with the best of them
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
Ofc you do. D:

I didn't mention you cuz you didn't post anything until now.  :monkey-44:
I've been too distracted with my new kitten to focus on the game.  :'(

BUT ON TOPIC. If you want you can PM me in game and I can walk you through and answer any questions you may have about a veno. My toon names are in my signature and I'll get back to you as fast as possible.  :-\

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
Mister Mittens very cute.
He's the cutest little thing ever  :'( Such a good gentleman. Even tries to get along with my older kitty that hates his guts since she is convinced I replaced her with him.  :sad:

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants
You can play any type of veno you want, but the main thing is to make a choice. Don't slap together a bunch of different stuff and hope it works.

For AAs, if you want to be a tank veno, be one. Same for -ct veno and magic/attack level veno. Do whatever works best for you and what you're comfortable playing. However, I wouldn't try to be all three at the same time unless you have plenty of EC laying around.

In my opinion, I'm not a huge fan of HA (with elemental resist ornaments/stats) unless you're sage because your main role is to be a purge/amp meatshield and should usually be in fox form in the middle of the battle.

LA, I wouldn't bother at this moment in time.
Last Edit: Sept 08, 2013, 03:36 am by Yoonah

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants
Add me to pk veno list please, okay? I cry if you say no.  :pig-14:

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
Dam, quite a gentleman he is.

When I saw him fer the first time, he made me wanna get a kitty but as I said, my dog would most likely not get along with him.  :monkey-44:
Get a baby kitten and introduce them. Most of the time introducing them when one of them is younger it helps.  :-\

Has the person who made this thread even responded at all?  :'(

NOBYE.  >:D
I keed  :))

Offline Aujami

• Old Player

same why maya not on list  :normal-13:

Offline spencersss

Get a baby kitten and introduce them. Most of the time introducing them when one of them is younger it helps.  :-\

Has the person who made this thread even responded at all?  :'(

NOBYE.  >:D
I keed  :))

so on this server is lv to 150 and then grab gear? i got to 140 with arena gear from oht. what would i do next after getting 150

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
so on this server is lv to 150 and then grab gear? i got to 140 with arena gear from oht. what would i do next after getting 150
Main thing here is to get 150. Once you get 150 things open up COMPLETELY to you.
After hitting 150, you have a choice of four sets of gear. HA, LA and two sets of AA.

I would suggest not going HA or LA. But HA is apparently fun though I have never tried it on a veno.
You can also go three different builds on a AA veno. You can go full DD, half tank and half DD, or full support/tank.

That being said you will need to get multiple weapons, attack level r8, defense level r8, purify r8 and the dragon glaive. Try to get 20+ attack or defense levels on those weapons, and pre-warning? Purify can be quite hard to get. Also, the dragon glaive will give you less magic attack, but you will get A LOT more channeling. :-X

I would suggest getting either a dragon child's neck or a cube neck. The dragon child's neck gives 10 attack levels while the cube neck gives 5 attack and 5 defense levels. You will also need a warsong belt, it will give you 5 attack and 5 defense levels. Here is a guide on what you will need to get them. http://epicpw.com/guides/dragonchild%27s-scale-warsong-belt-cube-necklace/

You can have three different rings, the new r8 rings, and the two dragon ones. The r8 ones need supply tokens among other things. I would suggest getting the magic one, you can check the forges in north arch to see what you will need to get. The two dragon ones I would suggest getting. Two magic ones and one physical one. The physical ones I would switch depending on who I am fighting and what my build is, they can give you a whole lot more pdef.

There are three different capes you can get too, the lunar ones, the dragon one, and the supreme robe one. All of these capes can be upgraded at the north arch forges.  :-\ The lunar and supreme robes are for DDing, though the supreme robe is far more superior to the lunar. Though the dragon one is for tanking.

You can always work with the dragon gear while you experiment, so don't worry about all the money and work it will take to get end-game. It is supposed to take you a while! So don't panic.  :-\

Offline Ɗҽʂιɠɳҽɾ

• Perma
  • Banned
I don't remember the last time I've seen NH in pk.

This talita earn  + 1