Epic Perfect World

Game Client

Offline Creamsauce

• Beginner
?Category: Resolved Security Risks
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Path - Filename
2012-04-24 8:20:38,High,elementclient.exe (elementclient.exe) detected by SONAR,Quarantined,Resolved - No Action Required,c:epicpw\element\elementclient.exe

this is the error i get each time i go to launch epicpw. never was a problem before but since this new patch this is what i get and  it deletes the  file from folder automaticly every time... can not launch game  can not do anything? what's the deal

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Verify files!  :)

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
What verify does is checks that none of the files are corrupted, this picture will detail how to do that!

Something in the update possibly didnt update right and is corrupt!

McAfee Total Protection says it's ok and it's never been wrong for me so far (mind you I never go anywhere that something is likely to go wrong)!

Offline Rhelanna

My avast had a pop up thing similar to this and I had to select to open normally instead of in sandbox. It never deleted any files though.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
You should be able to add an exception for your anti-virus for that file in a Settings.

Since we want to protect the client, we need to encrypt the .exe but sadly it is causing few positive results:

https://www.virustotal.com/file/f92c5341427e0fc87559e8ae014c9d77e41f6888459c3b11796e3ac63fc4853d/analysis/1335291633/