Epic Perfect World

Server reset announcment suggestion

Offline wise fang

Could you,please,make a forum announcement  in advance of server reboot .
This will help players who investing a time and effort in this game .
Or if planned in advance these server reboots could also be announced in the game few hours early more than couple of minutes.
Thank you.

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.
I'll agree about a quick shoutout on forums when server goes down as I just got home and didn't have a clue what was happening. =]

Offline Mediocre

• Play Smart
  • Low FPS gamer! ;_;
  • Characters: Mediocre
  • Faction: Alamat
Agree with you!   >:D

Offline Falkor_

but sumtimes they dont knw wen/if they gna do it. and if they suddenly decide and notice they might havta do it fast.
__BLADE__ = 150 r8 bm (Demon)
Draconis = 150 r8 Sin (Sage)
Falkor_ = 150 r8 archer (Demon)
__SEEKS__ = 150 r8 seeker (Sage)
__BEAST__ = 150 r8 Barb (Sage)
Warlock_ = 150 Wiz r8 (Demon)

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.
Well if its gonna be down more than 5minutes, We should get notified on forums so everyone can see the reason why. :)

Offline wise fang

but sumtimes they dont knw wen/if they gna do it. and if they suddenly decide and notice they might havta do it fast.

I am on this server almost from the beginning .I never saw announce about it.
Forum do exist for such things too.

Offline Falkor_

yea ik but not every1 knws they gna needa do sumin. things happen at once so they gotta quickly improvise. but yea ok if they knw they deffinately gna reboot in few hours then they cud give a warning/heads up on forums or in game.
__BLADE__ = 150 r8 bm (Demon)
Draconis = 150 r8 Sin (Sage)
Falkor_ = 150 r8 archer (Demon)
__SEEKS__ = 150 r8 seeker (Sage)
__BEAST__ = 150 r8 Barb (Sage)
Warlock_ = 150 Wiz r8 (Demon)

LaceyPip

A fair warning would be great, but as life goes, sometimes it happens unexpectedly

thank you for update  :D

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
They already tell everyone in game when it's going down for quick maintanence. A little message pops up and tells you.  If it is time consuming maintainence that will take a considerable amount of time then they usually post it in the forums anyway. But If the server goes down due to unexpected reasons then it's unexpected.. they cant possibly tell you in advance otherwise they could see into the future :o

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.
Even if it is a quick it should be said on forums for people who are not in game.

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
Even if it is a quick it should be said on forums for people who are not in game.

Why? If they are not playing the game, it's not relevant to them. The other day it shut down for about 50 seconds. Are you telling me they should post that the server is going down for 50 seconds?

rainlu

barbie - why do you complain about the idea of noticing the players for servers shut downs ?
do you not respect time ? (well if it takes 2 much time to notice players, then it's a whole different thing and is absolutely ok)
they will notice although ingame you might miss it, or just do something different, and imagine you were farming mats in trial 6  for 3 or more hours with a bad luck...and suddenly they would reset the server, and you would have to farm again.
Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:15 pm by rainlu

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
barbie - why do you complain about the idea of noticing the players for servers shut downs ?
do you not respect time ? (well if it takes 2 much time to notice players, then it's a whole different thing and is absolutely ok)
they will notice although ingame you might miss it, or just do something different, and imagine you were farming mats in trial 6  for 3 or more hours with a bad luck...and suddenly they would reset the server, and you would have to farm again.

I think it's important we cover off a couple of things here:

1. I'm not complaining, im explaining.
2. I am not staff, so whether or not people are told or not told makes no difference to me because im not the one telling people o.o

What you need to understand is that staff here are busy. They have lives to live and real jobs to attend and the last thing they need is Agatio telling them to inform people who are not even online at that time, via the forum that the server is going down for a few minutes. It is completely and utterly pointless my friend. Tell people in game and get on with the reset. As I have already said, longer server down times ARE announced and the unexpected ones cannot possibly be announced. This is not my opinion and I have already told you, I really don't care. It's just a little logic applied which anyone can understand. Except you apparently o.o

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I think it should be common courtesy to give players at least an hour or two hours warning before restarting. This is PW, a lot of stuff is about farming and doing runs that take far longer than 10 minutes. It really shouldnt be that hard to give people a little heads up so they can finish what they are doing.