Epic Perfect World

Expel is bugged?

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
How can you not have enough time to click your own potrait? Thats like saying i didnt have enough time to click my stun, i wish it did it for me. These are the things you need to teach yourself. Also using expel when up against an archer is like expelling when up against a caster... Rendering your self defenseless against their metal related atks. Any archer that knows how to play relies on their metal related atks to kill someone.

And as for what ppl have been saying, its true. Within the expel range (whatever it may be, never bothered to check cos theres better things in life) whether or not you have your buff filters on, expel is going to activate on whoever you have highlighted in the exception of a npc/mob/boss. Just dumbing it down.
Its been tested and proven in normal pwi. Dunno about this, but im pretty sure agatio didnt change any of the genie skills. Feel free to correct me tho
Last Edit: Jan 19, 2013, 06:49 am by Sven

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I can confirm that it works identical to the way it does in PWI.

About your point on using it, if an archer is attacking you it's wiser to use AD instead. If you don't have time to click your portrait & then expell then the lightnings will finish you anyway. Since clicking it takes no more than 1-2 hits worth of time.

Making it self cast would be a bit of a pitty (saving healers etc from sins in mass pk with it is quite usefull.) but since the majority just uses it to try and seal others or for self use... yea I guess that would work. Or maybe just extend the range to like 40..., but that would make the unintended-usage seal other thing even stronger.

Offline Runaway

• Nom nom nom ;...;
Before buff filters people always used to click on their potraits to heal themselves etc. :) It doesn't cost any time and it works just fine.

Offline thatguy

I don't think that's right.

If you read the protections window (like the one I've attached), and have it set as I do, you'll see that the way I have my protections setup means that I should not be casting any skills (genie or not) on other players.  The protections prevent it.
Expel will always register as going onto another person if you are clicked on that person regardless of your filter settings.  So no matter what you will either need to get within 20 meters of the person you are clicked on or click on your portrait to do it at 0 meters.

Offline zentopia

I can confirm that it works identical to the way it does in PWI.

About your point on using it, if an archer is attacking you it's wiser to use AD instead. If you don't have time to click your portrait & then expel then the lightnings will finish you anyway. Since clicking it takes no more than 1-2 hits worth of time.

Making it self cast would be a bit of a pitty (saving healers etc from sins in mass pk with it is quite usefull.) but since the majority just uses it to try and seal others or for self use... yea I guess that would work. Or maybe just extend the range to like 40..., but that would make the unintended-usage seal other thing even stronger.

same thing came to my head... u should be able to click on your face up top left if u want to expel ur self and an expelled sin is a siting dusk for archers and seekers and magic classes anyway , it being able to be cast on opponents is actually a thing used allot! having the chance to make "sins specially" unable to shadow teleport+stunlock+aps or stealth out of combat rendering them silenced for 9 seconds while hitting them with magic spells
but then again expel is an amazing skill for sins too  to make them immune for physical dmg vs barb bm  archer seeker ,
On a side note can sins maze step + expel :P ? physical immunity without being silenced - cuz maze step make sins unable to be stunned or immobilized and it should also have same effect on silence never tested it - that would be a great way for them while fighting  other sins seekers bms barbs archers

Offline Eralis

• Oblivion Leader
I always use expel anywhere and with no problem and the only Buff/healing filter i have checked is whether Squad or Faction one.

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
On a side note can sins maze step + expel  ? physical immunity without being silenced - cuz maze step make sins unable to be stunned or immobilized and it should also have same effect on silence never tested it - that would be a great way for them while fighting  other sins seekers bms barbs archers

Lol srsly? Do you even know what a silence is? Its not a stun or an immobilisation so there for, maze step cannot be used to cancel out expel... Lol im sorry i find it hilarious that you thought it could. Anyways ppl make mistakes. The sad little expel combos are: Will surge (genie skill)+Expel. The will surge cancels the silence and leaves the immunity, this is of course for those that have trouble playing the game.
Another is for the sage psy where they hit expel at the end of their bubble of life or whatever. Purifying the expel, and leaving you immune to physical attacks 

Offline Areashi

• Banned
Expel is not banned, end of.

Offline MorbidAngel

• Dragon Seeker
  • 1 man army
god people are stupid sometimes....... Expel: works on yourself when you have your protections on or the opponent has their protections off. If the opponent has their protections on it will not work. Think people its really not that hard.

Morbid/\ngel - 150 seeker

Tali

god people are stupid sometimes....... Expel: works on yourself when you have your protections on or the opponent has their protections off. If the opponent has their protections on it will not work. Think people its really not that hard.

It's hard for the majority, apparently.

Offline Areashi

• Banned
It's hard for the majority, apparently.
Try 99.9999%.

Offline sakurabak

I have been having problems with this expel for ages.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
I have been having problems with this expel for ages.

You can read the replies from certain people to understand that Expel actually works and how to make it work.
Locking.