Epic Perfect World

here we go. again. arrgghhh...

Offline Soleil

• it's been a while :)
  • happy holidays :)
  • Characters: TinyEG
  • Faction: Gemini
i've been playing pw since 2008 on official, along with a ton of other private servers online. some of them were pretty decent, balanced, with great communities and staff. then someone (usually big/regular donators) gets on the forums and starts harassing the servers dev's and gamers about this class being op, this other class being treated unfairly, then when things changed, this other class becoming op, gears never good enough, etc etc, with the result that the ps owners made changes to the game that were impossible to play resulting in the utter destruction of said private servers and their communities.

it has happened before, it will happen again. QQers are what destroy a decent server

i'm seeing new threads here about one class being op. just watch it, they will never leave it alone until they get what they want. then it will be another class, then something else.  i suspect these threads are just a pretext to destroy the popularity and great community of this server but i really hope they don't succeed this time. 

Epic pw is one of the most balanced private servers at the moment. Period.

i think epw should include in their rules the fact that:

- pw was developed as a pve mmorpg NOT a strictly pvp one. there are other games dedicated to the sole pupose of pvp: go find them;

- pwi was NOT intended to be a balanced pvp mmorpg. every player should experiment the many classes and their incredibly flexible builds but mostly, everyone should learn thoroughly how to play them before bargin' in here and complain about other classes being op. i suggest if you think a class is op, build one and see for yourself.

i ask santa this x-mas that he brings a lot of lollipops to all those qq'ers so it keeps their mouths and fingers busy. haha!

just my 2 cents
Il faut collectionner les pierres qu'on vous jette. C'est le début d'un piédestal.― Berlioz

Offline Sylver

• " If you're going through hell, keep going. "

Offline Solitaira

• Stercus accidit
Bit confused (nothing new)  :P

Admittedly, I've been reading these forums for about a week only, but I haven't seen any QQ'ing about Classes. Maybe it's occurred on WC, I don't pay as much attention to that as I should, perhaps.

I will say this, however: I think Agatio deserves more credit. It's obvious he's been around the block a time or two, he's structured a remarkably balanced playing environment, and for a private server everything is exceedingly stable.

I too share your concerns, having played PWI since 2008. I spent nearly a year grinding 6-8 hours daily so I could purchase a Herc, only to see the Herc's ability to hold aggro get nerfed; then, PWI graciously introduced Zeal genies, thereby relegating venos' desirability in squad nearly worthless. Even worse, I watched as Sins became so OP that my barb was often unnecessary.

But I'm not seeing that here, nor have I seen anyone advocate for it.
Last Edit: Dec 09, 2012, 02:19 pm by Solitaira

Offline Soleil

Bit confused (nothing new)  :P
Admittedly, I've been reading these forums for about a week only, but I haven't seen any QQ'ing about Classes. Maybe it's occurred on WC, I don't pay as much attention to that as I should, perhaps.
But I'm not seeing that here, nor have I seen anyone advocate for it.

then visit the suggestions section and read a thread called sins.

and a few others

:rolleyes:
Il faut collectionner les pierres qu'on vous jette. C'est le début d'un piédestal.― Berlioz

Offline Solitaira

• Stercus accidit
then visit the suggestions section and read a thread called sins.

and a few others

:rolleyes:

I stand corrected. My humblest apologies for being so ignorant.

Scylla

Your thread has no valid points.

If someone enjoys PvP here, why would they go to another game? Most games don't have the flexibility that PW has and no game has the same classes with the same effects with the same whatever. Point invalid.

I believe official tried to make up for some of the PvP imbalance with their Sirens of War patch, however, since we don't have those skill changes, gear needs to be changed so that everything is balanced. Someone learning a class isn't going to change the fact that its overpowered.  Example: Me knowing and playing the psychic class isn't going to change the fact that they are hitting 20K on me. Not to mention that if everyone played the "OP" classes as you suggest, we'd all be playing the same class.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see solidarity in either of your points, you're just saying that if you think a class is OP, you either need to quit or make that class. That said; I do understand your frustration with the threads that complain about classes being OP, but like your  post, they're just the person's/people's opinions. Instead of creating your own thread, why not comment on their's and give your opinion as to why the class isn't OP. This is just going to cause flaming and drama.

What I just said probably made zero sense and I didn't proofread but you should get the point.

Offline TsugumiSendo

• NightWatcher
  • Do you not wish to finaly know the truth?
sadly i come from fallen angel i was one of the top pkers befor all of the donators cryed to nimda about how OP classes were the next week followed with Arcane gear that purged you of all debuffs making the problem that much worse and killing the server so far epic seems to be the best server i've been on which includs it being over storm the old vendetta Dragon network etc

Offline Soleil

hmmm... kkk. so it's a game within the game. on one side, we have qq'ers defending the right to their opinions and on the other, the rest of the community who's tired of the cry babies.

on this server, you have the ones who complain about the sins being op. on another server, you'll find them having tantrums about wizzies being op. and again on another server, it's the archers. and so on, and so forth. i'm all for enjoying a good debate now and then but to see how these careless spoiled rotten brats bring servers down with their constant whining, is starting to get seriously out of control not only here but all over the PW community.

as i said, one should learn to play the classes and instead of complaining because one can't win all the time, find ideas on how to improve things around the game. being creative about a situation is a lot more fun than having everyone witness our failure and making the devs responsible for it. see how infantile that is?

so, my point is: if one doesn't like people beating them at pvp, one should learn to play better instead of having childish tantrums by blaming server's hard working owner, staff and hard playing players and having their friends join in the qq'ing just to win a senseless debate.

have a good sunday :)

Offline Soleil

sadly i come from fallen angel i was one of the top pkers befor all of the donators cryed to nimda about how OP classes were the next week followed with Arcane gear that purged you of all debuffs making the problem that much worse and killing the server so far epic seems to be the best server i've been on which includs it being over storm the old vendetta Dragon network etc

that's exactly what i mean. thanks for illustrating this. i'm sure many others have witnessed the same situation over and over again, not only on BD but on many others, very good ones who simply vanished out of sheer... disgust.

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
the rest of the community who's tired of the cry babies.
SINS

I am one of those "crybabies" you mentioned. Yet I didn't see any arguments in your posts.. You just gave examples from other servers You played and I see your characters are not 150 yet so I'm guessing You didn't engage pk yet?
Anyway, I have some evidence, there's a video in the old thread and I can't really recall where of my level 145 sin apsing my sage fox form veno to death in 2 stuns that I didn't even have to time because they stack. On the other side, I play veno for some time and I know how to beat sins, they are not an issue at all in mass pk, most of them will die in 2 hits if Myriad rainbow procs with magic defense debuff. However, in 1v1 I don't think I can hold for whole 1 minute + duration of their anti-stun. Ironguard lasts 12 seconds, Expel x 2 lasts 18 seconds, Bramble hood lasts 15 seconds. That's total of 45 seconds and next ~30 seconds I'm left off with no defensive skill to use and an endgame sage sin can make me die in 3 seconds by just apsing.

Not all people are qq'ing because they can't beat a certain class. I CAN beat them, it just requires me doing much more work than them in order to beat them.

Anyway, You have no reason to be upset. Agatio will probably change nothing because majority of players are sins who feel they have been nerfed because of the bow, armor crush and NS stealth tweaks. Just like he will do nothing about those god damn pets that any class can one shot.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Sylver

• " If you're going through hell, keep going. "
like i say'd, u cant win all time, u win and lose Get over it and play the game ... if u dont like it well now1 force u to stay

Offline Archeus

• Rachel
  • “Ask nothing, expect nothing, depend on nothing."
Like they said, this is just a game...games are supposed to be fun not QQ or complain about it. Things may not always be balanced in this game but, this server imo is the best private server I've played so far and has the most balance. Let's all just enjoy the game lol :)
FuzzyPeanut - 150 Sage Barbarian
Spazz - 150 Demon Barbarian
Archeus - 150 Sage Archer
Mischievous - 150 Demon Blademaster
Switchblade - 145 Sage Seeker

Tali

Whew, crybabies crying about crybabies.

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
Whew, crybabies crying about crybabies.

+1

Though I'll openly admit there are classes that are "OPer" than some.. for example Wizards being "OPer" than Psychics... But you really can't expect much coming from a private server that is basically free and doesn't require that much time into maintaining good gear and such. I mean, what more are you trying to ask for? Can't please anyone nowadays I swear.
Last Edit: Dec 10, 2012, 02:06 am by Satana

Offline necroangel

go go 5.0 aps and instaa cast id love to see that QQ fest again.........there is always gonna be cry babies :P