Epic Perfect World

Watch out we got hackers over here

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran
Ok mine and my wife's account are getting booted constantly and accounts ARE moving after getting booted, what the fck? No one knows our password, we dont even know pass of each other, I cant change mine because it says wrong mail even tho I didnt change it. What, the, hell?

Edit: k at least I changed password but whats up with booting?

nvm we managed to change our passwords, yet it was very weird, I even got to talk with that person. I dont get how can 1 person try to hack 2 accounts at the same time...
Last Edit: Oct 13, 2013, 11:24 pm by VookieCookie

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Lol. I can't...  :normal-2:

But talking seriously... Keep your account details safe, don't share them with anyone. Make sure that your password isn't the simplest 5 letter english word. Don't visit any external websites which claim that you will magically get Gold or itens, but have keyloggers inside instead. Don't use any third party software. Using hacks = hacked account.
If you follow these few simple rules, your account will be safe.

Offline Consist

• Old Player
Ok mine and my wife's account are getting booted constantly and accounts ARE moving after getting booted, what the fck? No one knows our password, we dont even know pass of each other, I cant change mine because it says wrong mail even tho I didnt change it. What, the, hell?

Edit: k at least I changed password but whats up with booting?

nvm we managed to change our passwords, yet it was very weird, I even got to talk with that person. I dont get how can 1 person try to hack 2 accounts at the same time...

LMFAO, I can't take you srsly.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
LMFAO, I can't take you srsly.

I don't think anyone can, unfortunately.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

vlntbty

lmao

This.

Lol. I can't... :normal-2:

But talking seriously... Keep your account details safe, don't share them with anyone. Make sure that your password isn't the simplest 5 letter english word. Don't visit any external websites which claim that you will magically get Gold or itens, but have keyloggers inside instead. Don't use any third party software. Using hacks = hacked account.
If you follow these few simple rules, your account will be safe.

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran
1. Got booted about 15 times, account was in different places(yeah, each time closer to banker)
2. 14k ec on account

Where's fun?

Edit: are you serious Aga? I just said I didnt share my pass with anyone, I dont visit those kinds of websites... why do u think it scared me? because im not doing any of the stuff you mentioned, dont laugh at your players, ty

have a nice day/night
Last Edit: Oct 14, 2013, 12:32 am by VookieCookie

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
I doubt someone would take their time to hack your account.. And some phisher sites are very sneaky.  You just gotta be extra careful with your account. Change your passes frequently and maybe you wont have a problem.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
I doubt someone would take their time to hack your account.. And some phisher sites are very sneaky.  You just gotta be extra careful with your account. Change your passes frequently and maybe you wont have a problem.

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Change your passes frequently and maybe you wont have a problem.
Heck, I don't even change my password (and I use the same pass with minor variations for like almost everything).
Worked for me so far.
Except for maybe my email i use for signing up for stuff that I know will spam me, I've gotten the pass guessed or something b4, but idc about it much.
Besides EPW isn't even big enough for a hacker to honestly try hacking it >>
(:

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
The only real reason I can see for someone to try hacking a GAMING account is if you're a donor and they can access your donation records.

Someone might do it just to piss people off, who knows? For some reason it honestly would not surprise me if that were the case. There are some really fcked up people who play on this server.

Last Edit: Oct 14, 2013, 02:05 am by TheFelineLife
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
-----------------------
Last Edit: Mar 16, 2015, 04:20 pm by BlackRoft

Offline Zuxtain

You should sweep your computer for keyloggers. That's probably the only way they knew your passwords. I would suggest a fresh new hard drive or format it to be safe. Also check your bank accounts and stuff if you go online to manage them just in case.

If what you are saying is true, then you were keylogged. There is no other way to get hacked or they were really good hackers meaning they know about computers and stuff more than the average Joe. But if that's the case, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be wasting their time having game accounts especially private server accounts.

But yeah, be careful of what sires you go on and sites you or your account info into. Also be careful with what software you download and install.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
You should sweep your computer for keyloggers. That's probably the only way they knew your passwords. I would suggest a fresh new hard drive or format it to be safe. Also check your bank accounts and stuff if you go online to manage them just in case.

If what you are saying is true, then you were keylogged. There is no other way to get hacked or they were really good hackers meaning they know about computers and stuff more than the average Joe. But if that's the case, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be wasting their time having game accounts especially private server accounts.

But yeah, be careful of what sires you go on and sites you or your account info into. Also be careful with what software you download and install.

Pretty much this. I haven't heard of anyone's accounts being hacked on here (other than the regular account info sharing). Check your comp for keyloggers, they latch on through the most seemingly harmless ways.

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran

+1