Epic Perfect World

Ini edit question

Offline Rivaille

Okay, so I've looked at every Ini edit forum I could find.. but nothing had the answer to my problem. When I make a preset with a makeover scroll, I go into the epicpw files under userdata>character>customization, the correct folder for a venomancer (31), but the preset does not appear in the folder. I have saved multiple presets but none of them have showed up. I was wondering if maybe it was because Epicpw isn't in my program files, it's in WinRar. Could that be the problem?

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
Element > UserData> Character > Customize > 31

Make sure that you use the customize paths in order to go into the venomancer folder (either one works). If it still doesn't show up, try using an advanced makeover scroll (if you haven't tried already). As long as you can go into the folder paths then there shouldn't be a problem. Also, try a simplistic name for the ini file (veno1 etc).

If the problem persists, I could give you a base veno file for you to use.

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
What exactly do you mean by its in winrar?
If its not in your programs files, its fine, since mine was in my downloads for a loong time and it worked just fine..
(:

Offline Rivaille

Okay, I'll try that.. hopefully it will work!

Offline Rivaille

Nope, even with the advanced scroll it just wont add the preset to the customize folder v.v

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Soo, um, could you confirm what you meant by its in winrar?
Did you extract it via winrar ?
Or is there some winrar folder I don't know about..

Also, maybe try making a preset for other classes, see if its only Veno?
(:

Offline Rivaille

What I mean is that the file for EPW never installed itself into my program files. It's still just in WinRar. I'm not sure if that actually changes anything though. The presets don't work with any other class, I've tried it. I would really appreciate the base veno file though, maybe that would do the trick.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord

Veno Code

Ok, all you need to do is go into the 31 folder and right click > New > Text document and copy and paste that code into that text document and save it.

Now to convert it into an ini file, while in the 31 folder, click View > and check the box that says "file name extensions" and it will change the name of the file into insertname.txt <---delete the txt and write in ini and it will ask if it's ok, click yes and you will have your ini file. (make sure the file extension is name.ini and not name.txt)
Last Edit: Oct 11, 2013, 02:21 am by Caffeine

Offline Rivaille

Thank you!! I'll try it now.

Offline Rivaille

AWESOME. It worked. Thank you so much!

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
AWESOME. It worked. Thank you so much!
You're welcome, glad I could help  ^-^