Epic Perfect World

close range weap for archers

Offline Q_Q

is it possible to modify str on 140 or 145 150 fists to be used by pure dex archers in close range knowing that the dmg is not great since fists dmg str based. being demon archer facing any sin means death so maybe this change can help demon archers deal with this. ty

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
Won't happen im sure cuz Archer with claws or fists still deal some average good amount of damage.
Wouldn't be any closer to fair.

PS: Guys please stop beeing rude to people.

Offline _ZACK_

• True friendships are like...once you meet again it's like you were never apart...
  • Characters: _ZACK_
  • Faction: FullMetal
the idea of having a good wep for close combat on archers sounds promissing but must unfortunately agree here with ET.... eyes and brains might do the thing with sins lol

Offline Q_Q

the dmg  from 140 fists is 1k-2k crits on LA even at 5.0 without triple spark it can't kill anything

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
is it possible to modify str on 140 or 145 150 fists to be used by pure dex archers in close range knowing that the dmg is not great since fists dmg str based. being demon archer facing any sin means death so maybe this change can help demon archers deal with this. ty
nope this is idea is fail . fists are for bm's and barbs

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
But then it wouldn't be an archer anymore.
It's the whole design and purpose of the class.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline bleyed

My archer could probably stand to do more ranged damage by going full Dex, there-by minimizing close-in encounters, but that's not how I built him...  For me, I built to just above fist Str.-spec (225 str, I believe), which means 70 points or so above 150 armor needs.  I'm not entirely sure how much additional damage would be done with those extra 70 points to ranged - maybe an extra 1000 damage, +/- 150.

Aside from the 150 fist stats, he's Dex-built.  What some might have forgotten to mention is the APS with fists on.  The damage I get with this build is 11k+ to 13k+ p.attk, but with full-dragon LA, interval cape and tome, I can hit 4 aps without Relentless Courage or spark.  (Not that spark would help - he's sage...)  On the occasions that I need to switch to fists (solo pv and BoA ends early), fists do about as much damage as too-close bow, etc., but at least 4x faster.  And with the naturally high crit rate (yes, I know, 3-4% less than pure Dex), the 11-13k attacks become 22-26k (obviously).

Not only have I used this to solo pv, but (if you've got the will to do it) I've also solo'd SoT/Aba bh's (Peach and the other) using the aps after Sharpened Tooth and a couple hp drain/DoT skills.  This doesn't mean I skip the BoA volley, but there are times and ranges (especially Peach, who likes to get in your face and negate distance) where the fists actually work better.  And when either go into 'heal' mode, even sage-spark with relentless courage minimizes their regain to almost nothing.

Last thought - Shards.  When sharding fists, I find it both effective and beneficial to add one +15/20 Str. shard for increased damage (more damage boost than the p.attk. shard) and one health recovery stone like the Holy Sacred (5% hp recovery and purify from debuffs).  At 4 aps, the blue plume every so often is like a Sin's Blood Paint, which, as you know, Archers can't receive.  And depending on the moment, I've occasionally gotten that hp boost 3-4 times in a few seconds.  Not guaranteed, but worth it when it takes effect.

Hope this helps. :)
BleyedSin - 150 Demon Assassin - R8r attempting
PawedBleyed - 150 Sage Barb - R8r attempting
Munenori - 150 Sage Seeker
Bleyed - 150 Sage BM
Takuan - 150 Sage Psychic
Tsukaite - 150 Sage Wizard
Sogeki-hei - 150 Sage Archer
FoxyRiddle - 150 Sage Venomancer - R8r attempting
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
PawnShop - 150 Demon Cleric
ThisDeadGuy - 150 Sage Assassin
GoLyeth - 150 Demon Barb
MiyaMusashi - 150 Demon Seeker
...And a dozen others. ;)

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
My archer could probably stand to do more ranged damage by going full Dex, there-by minimizing close-in encounters, but that's not how I built him...  For me, I built to just above fist Str.-spec (225 str, I believe), which means 70 points or so above 150 armor needs.  I'm not entirely sure how much additional damage would be done with those extra 70 points to ranged - maybe an extra 1000 damage, +/- 150.

Aside from the 150 fist stats, he's Dex-built.  What some might have forgotten to mention is the APS with fists on.  The damage I get with this build is 11k+ to 13k+ p.attk, but with full-dragon LA, interval cape and tome, I can hit 4 aps without Relentless Courage or spark.  (Not that spark would help - he's sage...)  On the occasions that I need to switch to fists (solo pv and BoA ends early), fists do about as much damage as too-close bow, etc., but at least 4x faster.  And with the naturally high crit rate (yes, I know, 3-4% less than pure Dex), the 11-13k attacks become 22-26k (obviously).

Not only have I used this to solo pv, but (if you've got the will to do it) I've also solo'd SoT/Aba bh's (Peach and the other) using the aps after Sharpened Tooth and a couple hp drain/DoT skills.  This doesn't mean I skip the BoA volley, but there are times and ranges (especially Peach, who likes to get in your face and negate distance) where the fists actually work better.  And when either go into 'heal' mode, even sage-spark with relentless courage minimizes their regain to almost nothing.

Last thought - Shards.  When sharding fists, I find it both effective and beneficial to add one +15/20 Str. shard for increased damage (more damage boost than the p.attk. shard) and one health recovery stone like the Holy Sacred (5% hp recovery and purify from debuffs).  At 4 aps, the blue plume every so often is like a Sin's Blood Paint, which, as you know, Archers can't receive.  And depending on the moment, I've occasionally gotten that hp boost 3-4 times in a few seconds.  Not guaranteed, but worth it when it takes effect.

Hope this helps. :)
This is from what I gather just for PvE purposes, the OP was asking that the fists be modded so that they could be used in PK.

Apsing on an EA vs a sin... no comment.
Last Edit: Oct 01, 2013, 02:23 pm by Caffeine

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I have been asked multiple times if I have ever considered fists on my archer.  Each time I told them that I would rather not nerf my damage output on a class that is meant for RANGED combat.  It is perfectly acceptable for an archer to kite.

-1 to this idea, btw.  It's actually frowned upon to go fists as an archer in pvp.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Fists on archer, next gonna be bow on warriors. GF
i feel like i'm dead

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
Archers have metal skills, and close range skills. Learn how to use them. Fists/Claws aren't needed.

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
NO.
<-Archer.
This is completely undeeded. As Faye said earlier, archers have close ranged skills along with the long range. Wingspan and Winged Pledge both hit like a truck on AA/LA, that, and Metal does amazing damage up close,
this would give archers a very much un-needed advantage, then people cough jolhans cough
will never shut up about nurfing, pretty much like purify wep, or psy soulforce.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline Zuxtain

Archers have many skills and ways to combat sins. You can use winged pledge and wingspan for damage then winged shell or wings of grace then holy path to get out of their range. These are simple things to combat sins. You should ask some PVP archers in your faction for tips :) Also you can watch archers pvp on Youtube and watch how they counter sins.

vlntbty

This.

I have been asked multiple times if I have ever considered fists on my archer.  Each time I told them that I would rather not nerf my damage output on a class that is meant for RANGED combat.  It is perfectly acceptable for an archer to kite.

-1 to this idea, btw.  It's actually frowned upon to go fists as an archer in pvp.

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
its gonna be upside down  :shocked: