Epic Perfect World

Supreme Robe for PvP

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA

Offline Groovy

• Imperare sibi maximum imperium est
So, a majority of "no" votes come from people who already have said Robe and don't want others to get it in more fun way than they did... Expected that.

This is a game, and I'm fairly sure most of us play it to have fun and/or relax. Some people enjoy PvE and I respect that but there should be an alternative for players who prefer more fast-paced fun, for who PvE is only a boring chore. Some people prefer to play another game instead of doing PvE. In fact, if I was PvE-oriented player I'd still play on official server which has more challenging PvE (if played 100% F2P) than this server.

In reply to concerns about the ability of some classes/full built players to farm huge amounts of Supply tokens in one go: you need very good gear to get so much points. If you are still farming Supreme Robe then it means that this is new character and it doesn't have full build, so you won't be getting that good scores in NW.

But let's do the math: let's assume that you are skilled and well-geared assassin that can get 600 Supply Tokens per NW with ease. If GMs set the cost of Supreme Robe to 3k Supply tokens, it will take 5 Nation Wars to get the robe. There are only 2 NW's per week so it will take 2-3 weeks until you get said robe (2 if you do BHs daily, 3 if you get ST only through NW).

At the same time some people claim they can farm the robe in 2-3 days via PvE.

Where's the way to abuse it?

The other thing mentioned, players being AFK in NW, is not part of this topic but I'm sure GMs are working on fix for that regardless of outcome of this suggestion. They already raised the level required to join NW to 145, that should help.
Not to mention that AFKing in NW gives less Supply tokens than participating actively, so I'm sure that introducing better rewards for Supply tokens will actually reduce the number of AFK players in NW.
Last Edit: Oct 02, 2013, 05:26 am by Groovy
I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar...

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Is a no because the idea is stupid,when i made my sin and i was using lunar cape,i farmed 1,4k ST in nw. that would be that in 2 nws,very easy 4h of farm,i would get 1account,no ,would be stupid,go farm,i did my capes with the old 64/64/24/24 one and was easy,if u are so damn lazy to farm for 2days,go play mario and hello kitty.
Is a game,is pve-pvp,u just want to make it full pvp?:) no.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
no. farmed mine the old way. now it's even easier to get with the right squad. so no.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
No..
I've farmed 5 full capes through the 99s, and one and a half capes through the old way (GG for helping friends?) and still had time to PK, enjoy the game, etc.
It's not hard, at all. Especially if you start your own squad, get a few friends/make a few friends while doing it and it goes by really fast and painlessly.
The cape takes about 8 hours all together to farm, if you don't have to stop at all. Do 4 hours one day, 4 hours another. Take a few hours to do it, then you'll never have to do it again if you have all your chars on one account.

You also have to remember you are on a technically PvE server.. So..

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
The cape takes about 8 hours all together to farm, if you don't have to stop at all. Do 4 hours one day, 4 hours another. Take a few hours to do it, then you'll never have to do it again if you have all your chars on one account.

This... She said it all.

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Groovy

• Imperare sibi maximum imperium est

This... She said it all.

Didn't know that. Uninstalling as I'm posting this, need to find more fun-oriented server. As I said before, if I wanted PvE grind I'd still play official version.

Thanks at least for claryfying this thing up, saved me some time.

Cheers.
Last Edit: Oct 02, 2013, 01:48 pm by Groovy
I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar...

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Didn't know that. Uninstalling as I'm posting this, need to find more fun-oriented server.

Cheers.
Bye :police:
i feel like i'm dead

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
Didn't know that. Uninstalling as I'm posting this, need to find more fun-oriented server. As I said before, if I wanted PvE grind I'd still play official version.

Cheers.

Bye.    :normal-36:

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks

Cheers.

There is a big difference between P2W PVE and customised PVE for an end goal of PVP, but enjoy.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
So, a majority of "no" votes come from people who already have said Robe and don't want others to get it in more fun way than they did... Expected that.

This is a game, and I'm fairly sure most of us play it to have fun and/or relax. Some people enjoy PvE and I respect that but there should be an alternative for players who prefer more fast-paced fun, for who PvE is only a boring chore. Some people prefer to play another game instead of doing PvE. In fact, if I was PvE-oriented player I'd still play on official server which has more challenging PvE (if played 100% F2P) than this server.

In reply to concerns about the ability of some classes/full built players to farm huge amounts of Supply tokens in one go: you need very good gear to get so much points. If you are still farming Supreme Robe then it means that this is new character and it doesn't have full build, so you won't be getting that good scores in NW.

But let's do the math: let's assume that you are skilled and well-geared assassin that can get 600 Supply Tokens per NW with ease. If GMs set the cost of Supreme Robe to 3k Supply tokens, it will take 5 Nation Wars to get the robe. There are only 2 NW's per week so it will take 2-3 weeks until you get said robe (2 if you do BHs daily, 3 if you get ST only through NW).

At the same time some people claim they can farm the robe in 2-3 days via PvE.

Where's the way to abuse it?

The other thing mentioned, players being AFK in NW, is not part of this topic but I'm sure GMs are working on fix for that regardless of outcome of this suggestion. They already raised the level required to join NW to 145, that should help.
Not to mention that AFKing in NW gives less Supply tokens than participating actively, so I'm sure that introducing better rewards for Supply tokens will actually reduce the number of AFK players in NW.
I actually don't have the robe at all on any of my characters (Caffeine would know this im lazy as fck) But if you were here when we had the old method of getting the robe, You would notice how easier it is to get it now. I find it rather funny that you're quitting just because getting a end gear robe cost a few hours of PvE. How the heck did you get your other gears? You have to PvE for those to. LOL

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
I actually don't have the robe at all on any of my characters (Caffeine would know this im lazy as fck) But if you were here when we had the old method of getting the robe, You would notice how easier it is to get it now. [/size]
It makes no difference, he doesn't want to play a server that isn't fun  :'(

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
I also don't have the robe and I still vote no.

And as for wanting a 'fun', PVP alternative to farming, what is the upgrade to the robes and rings? Farming NW which is PVP based and twice weekly. You also have a PVP instance to farm EC. There is a new PK instance coming. Dragon Temple is also PK enabled. The Morai Events on Saturday have a PK option. As well as GM PK events.

I think it balances quite nicely tbh.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I don't have the robe either (TM squads either want only a sin by the time they shout, or the ones I can join are at times where I have to do other stuff), and I still said no.  I'll get it eventually with killing mobs.

Don't let the doorknob get you in the butt when you leave.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)