Epic Perfect World

Magical Shackle

Offline Derrius

• Alt: Poison_ivan
Look as much as I dislike this skill also, Its fine as it is. Clerics dont have many skills to fall back on. Magic Shackle is one of the only offensive skills they have that makes them more offensive. Plus it has to be cast in Ultraviolet dance so they are sacrificing heals for offense. Its fine as it is dont tamper with it. Just have to learn other skill besides auto attack like a noop kk? Axel out.

This

Derrius_-150-R8 Cleric-Fac: Nohomo

Offline Resolve

• Flurry of Dancing Flames
  • Characters: Resolve
  • Faction: Apollumi\Nohomo
How is it fine as it is when it says 30% chance to proc and the real chance is 100%? Are you fcking kidding me?
Its not a 100% chance its just your luck, just like how my Sage Tidal is supposed to be 66% status evasion but in reality its more like 30% learn to over come things dont think answer to everything is to nerf it kk?

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
Venomancer skill lasts 30 seconds, easier to avoid than the shackle.
With the Blazing Barrier skill you can still kill any veno easily as an archer, it actually doesn't help much + it doesn't last 1 minute.

I said based on what i've seen, i'm not saying it's deffinetly worse, it's just i don't understand why you can avoid soulburn and blazing barrier but not a cleric skill that's a little longer, kiteing is one of the easiest things to do.
If you struggle kiteing just try to reserve your genie a little more.

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Its not a 100% chance its just your luck, just like how my Sage Tidal is supposed to be 66% status evasion but in reality its more like 30% learn to over come things dont think answer to everything is to nerf it kk?
The same way people shouldve over come -20 ct ea bless? Yeah, if people ask nerf, I demand it also
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Resolve

The same way people shouldve over come -20 ct ea bless? Yeah, if people ask nerf, I demand it also

Thats different because archers are offensive classes, the topic here is cleric magic shackle skill. Plus the channeling on an archer is not that bad tbh.

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Look as much as I dislike this skill also, Its fine as it is. Clerics dont have many skills to fall back on. Magic Shackle is one of the only offensive skills they have that makes them more offensive. Plus it has to be cast in Ultraviolet dance so they are sacrificing heals for offense. Its fine as it is dont tamper with it. Just have to learn other skill besides auto attack like a noop kk? Axel out.

Totally forgot that it has to be in metal mage mode too.  They can't heal themselves (unless they're sage, can't remember the buff that heals hp when cast, but it's negligible anyways), so let em have their Shackle, and just run to Africa.  You got anti stuns and shit.

Oh stop being bitter--you still got -23402740 ct anyways.  I didn't like that nerf either, but I live.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran
You obviously dont even PK enough, everything u do all day is writing pervy recruiting messages on wc for NH. Dont talk if u dont have anything smart/useful to say.
Sacrifice heals? Violet dance = more hp, add to that purify weapon + damage increase. Now this status lasts 1 minute, Im a sin, 5 sec sleep, 4 sec seal, 5 sec stun and 3 sec stun, now thats 17 sec. 60-17=43, AD 5 sec, HoS 8 sec(not much useful tho since cleric can deal phy damage too) its 13, so 43 - 13 = 30 sec of this sh1t left. Now what? 2 magic orns + r8 with def weapon? Wont tank for long with all those debuffs cleric has which decrease magic def etc, trust me. And yes, they DO deal incredibly high dmg in ultraviolet dance

edit: sorry forgot to mention they can still buff themselves adding additional physical defense ijs

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
The 20% blessing was something else entirely. EAs cast fast even with 10% less. The skill is fine considering the trade-offs to use it.

You obviously dont even PK enough, everything u do all day is writing pervy recruiting messages on wc for NH. Dont talk if u dont have anything smart/useful to say.
Sacrifice heals? Violet dance = more hp, add to that purify weapon + damage increase. Now this status lasts 1 minute, Im a sin, 5 sec sleep, 4 sec seal, 5 sec stun and 3 sec stun, now thats 17 sec. 60-17=42, AD 5 sec, HoS 8 sec(not much useful tho since cleric can deal phy damage too) its 13, so 42 - 13 = 29 sec of this sh1t left. Now what? 2 magic orns + r8 with def weapon? Wont tank for long with all those debuffs cleric has which decrease magic def etc, trust me. And yes, they DO deal incredibly high dmg in ultraviolet dance
Ultraviolet Dance gives 2.5k more HP on my EP at 150 with R8. That's basically 1 hit from a sin crit. You make it seem like they suddenly become tanks in UVD. They're far more vulnerable. You have so many things to stop them at your disposal and idk, maybe instead of APS you should switch to DPS during that minute? Just because you can't occult and stun and APS someone to death, doesn't mean a skill is OP. The status lasts for 1 minute with only a 30% proc; if it procs more for you, tough luck (literally).

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran
Ultraviolet Dance gives 2.5k more HP on my EP at 150 with R8. That's basically 1 hit from a sin crit. You make it seem like they suddenly become tanks in UVD. They're far more vulnerable. You have so many things to stop them at your disposal and idk, maybe instead of APS you should switch to DPS during that minute? Just because you can't occult and stun and APS someone to death, doesn't mean a skill is OP. The status lasts for 1 minute with only a 30% proc; if it procs more for you, tough luck (literally).

OK telling me about downer aps and downer occult? ME? If u're damn blue name and u have no clue who uses what in PK, then just STFU, and its not 30%, obviously its 100% like Jelly said too

Offline Resolve

Sacrifice heals? Violet dance = more hp, add to that purify weapon + damage increase. Now this status lasts 1 minute, Im a sin, 5 sec sleep, 4 sec seal, 5 sec stun and 3 sec stun, now thats 17 sec. 60-17=43, AD 5 sec, HoS 8 sec(not much useful tho since cleric can deal phy damage too) its 13, so 43 - 13 = 30 sec of this sh1t left. Now what? 2 magic orns + r8 with def weapon? Wont tank for long with all those debuffs cleric has which decrease magic def etc, trust me. And yes, they DO deal incredibly high dmg in ultraviolet dance

edit: sorry forgot to mention they can still buff themselves adding additional physical defense ijs

Yes my Recruting Messages are epic, but aside from that I do pk a lot that hp they get from UD does not even compensate for not being able to heal. Purify weapon is annoying but there are ways to not proc it. Figure out another way to pk besides 3 spark auto attack occult vookie i have seen your style. Dont ask for nerf on a skill that is just fine the way it is. Axel out.

Offline Derrius

• Alt: Poison_ivan
OK telling me about downer aps and downer occult? ME? If u're damn blue name and u have no clue who uses what in PK, then just STFU, and its not 30%, obviously its 100% like Jelly said too

Mine rarely activate so idk what you're talking about

Derrius_-150-R8 Cleric-Fac: Nohomo

Angelica

You may say your opinion and stuff but only as long as it doesn't include offending others. Thanks.

Offline Resolve

Magic shackle es op but its not a skill that they can use without sacrificing anything capitalize on that and just learn to lock better. If this skill gets nerfed it will take away one of the only advantages clerics have. I dont see a need for it have you ever tried DPH Vookie? It tends to not proc purify weapon and magic shackle as often ;D
Last Edit: Sept 25, 2013, 02:32 pm by Kera

Offline Naosu

• Boop
Does everyone get butthurt when they can't kill a cleric in 5 seconds?

Starting to piss me off. I by far think that clerics are the squishiest magic class. (For various reasons.) SO DAMN WHAT WE FINALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO KILL SINS or at least DEFEND OURSELVES. Learn how to fight against it or stop complaining. About time I have something OPish on my cleric that gives me more of a chance against sins and archers.
What am I even doing?

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Does everyone get butthurt when they can't kill a cleric in 5 seconds?

Starting to piss me off. I by far think that clerics are the squishiest magic class. (For various reasons.) SO DAMN WHAT WE FINALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO KILL SINS or at least DEFEND OURSELVES. Learn how to fight against it or stop complaining. About time I have something OPish on my cleric that gives me more of a chance against sins and archers.
Since when is a support class supposed to be able to kill sins and eas like 1 2 3? You chose EP to be support, not to pk. I don't expect to kill EPs in 5 seconds, so please keep your PvEr logic to yourself.
i feel like i'm dead