Epic Perfect World

Help plz

Offline Quel

Hello i install the game on linux by using wine and guide from the forum topic , but after i log in game i cant see the icons on skill items etc
Any one who know how to fix this can help me plz or link ma an topic

Thx a lot !!!

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
Try to reinstall maybe.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
Have you tried verifying? If that doesn't work i think your next best option would be to reinstall.

Offline alphatwo

• I have a lifetime’s worth of technical expertise. I wasn’t born you see my mother simply chose the ‘eject child’ option from the special menu.
oh geez how did you download it n how did the setup of wine go? and what distro are you on?
Last Edit: Sept 22, 2013, 12:14 pm by alphatwo

Offline Quel

i use linux mint and i just download the .rar from site and unpack, update it and lunch....

Offline alphatwo

• I have a lifetime’s worth of technical expertise. I wasn’t born you see my mother simply chose the ‘eject child’ option from the special menu.
sweet whats your wine version?

Offline alphatwo

update to version 1.6. i heard some issues have been happening if you weren’t on the 1.5 or higher ever since they did the sirens of war patch for linux. and did you compile your wine loader?
Last Edit: Sept 22, 2013, 12:32 pm by alphatwo

Offline Quel

ok i update it and now i cant start game ... windows is open i can see my cursor for 1-2 sec and after game close...

Offline alphatwo

install ie7 that should fix the window from closing

Offline Quel

i got this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline alphatwo

try to run it in terminal with this winetricks ie7

Offline Quel

same error

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline alphatwo

sec i'll wipe my wine prefix n try to figure this out xD

Offline Quel

ok i do all u say in guide
Step 3: Winetricks
Now that Wine is done installing we need to run winetricks to set up Wine.
In our terminal screen we are going to type winetricks and press enter.
A screen will pop up asking to choose a wineprefix.
Select Default the Wine prefix option and press ok.
Another screen will pop up asking What would you like to do to this wineprefix?
Select Install a Windows DLL or component option and press ok.
a screen will pop up asking Which package(s) would you like to install ?
Select d3dx10, d3dx11_42, d3dx11_43, all of the d3dx9's, d3dxof, devenum, dinput, dinput8, dirac, directmusic, directplay, directx9, dmsynth, dotnet20, dotnet30, dotnet40, dxdiag, dxdiagn, ffdshow, vb2run, vb3run, vb4run, vb5run, vbrun6run, vcrun2003, vcrun2008, vcrun2010, vcrun6, vcrun6sp2, and vjrun20.

this process will take some time as it downloads the files and installs them correctly..

Step 4: Internet Explorer 7
After all of that is installed into Wine we need ie7 from the windows homepage.
the link is here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-7-details.aspx
it will say that "Internet Explorer 7 is not compatible with your system."
Ignore that warning and select the top one for Windows xp and press next then download.
the download is fairly small so it should be fast to complete.
now run the installer and Wine will run the installer should take a few minutes.

Step 5: EPW
After you have done that open your epw folder and update it and enjoy the game =)

i download ie7 from link but i cant run it