Epic Perfect World

Poll

Should Stealth be nurfed?

Yes
Yes but for other reasons
No
I don't care

Nurf Assassin Stealth

Hello! Today I am going to be giving my reasons as to why assassin stealth should be nurfed. So please sit back, read everything, and then give your own opinion. I understand there are many sides to this. Here is my side:

WHY STEALTH SHOULD BE NURFED
Have you ever been in pk just enjoying the fun with others when suddenly an assassin pops out of stealth with spark and kills you before you damage log even shows? This has happened to nearly everyone I believe. Now obviously we cannot take away sparks so what else can we do? Well maybe we can give everyone a better chance to survive these never ending attacks by nurfing assassin stealth.

Here are some options on how to nurf stealth. I am looking at all sides for nurfing here.
  • Complete removal of stealth.
  • Hinder stealth.
  • Limit stealth.
I would not suggest to completely remove stealth, but others might.

Here is an idea on how to hinder stealth. Take away their Shadow Walk or Shadow Escape. I would vote to take away Shadow Walk. It has a shorter cooldown that Shadow Escape so it is much easier for them to overuse.

I personally am for the limit of stealth. Here is what I came up with. On PWI assassins usually are not able to stealth continuously because most of them do not have charms and they run out of mana. We should make that happen here on EPW. But how do we make that happen? Well a possible idea is to make stealth cost way more mana, so that assassin do eventually run out. This will prevent them from staying in stealth and waiting until a victim shows up. Thus, make the game more fair for everyone.
  - Now some may say, "What if assassins just restat magic in order to stay in stealth continuously?" Well let's think about this. If they do restat to magic, they will be loosing dexterity or strength. Therefore, they will not do as much damage.

Supporting evidence as to why Assassins need nurf.
First off, take a look at the top pk list. As of today, August 26, 2013, Assassins take up 32% of the top 25 pvp participants in EPW and 20% of the top 100 pvp participants.  There are 8 different classes in PWI. 100/8=12.5. Assassins should average around being on the top lists for only 12.5% of the time.
Second, when you hear a person complaining about another person in pk, most of the time it is about an assassin. Now this is a generalization, but from what I have personally seen it is true.
Third, I have my own assassin that I use in pk. I have never stealth sparked and I hardly ever stealth, yet I do just fine in pk. I am not the best, but I am also not the worse. (Perfectly balanced)

So there is my side. If I think of anything else later, I will be sure to add. I hope you all took the time to read this thoroughly. Please try to restrain from hateful comments and such, because it will be a waste of your time. I have my own side and you have yours, I just took the time to share mine. I hope people take the time to seriously consider what I have said. Thank you all for your time, and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

P.S. I wish to remain anonymous, hense the Jennifer Lopez name and icon.
Don't hate, appreciate.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus

Offline Mx11y

• Old Player
You wish to remain anonymous
However, I play sin as main and idgaf if I'll have stealth nerfed or not. :)
Last Edit: Aug 26, 2013, 10:02 pm by Night♀

Offline Consist

• Old Player
It is OP, but like I said don't nerf sin because I wanna make one.

Tali

I didn't think serious sins even used stealth in PvP anymore.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
You wish to remain anonymous
However, I play sin as main and idgaf if I'll have stealth nerfed or not. :)
+999

Offline ChicaBomb

• fuck france
  • breadstick
Hello! Today I am going to be giving my reasons as to why assassin stealth should be nurfed. So please sit back, read everything, and then give your own opinion. I understand there are many sides to this. Here is my side:

WHY STEALTH SHOULD BE NURFED
Have you ever been in pk just enjoying the fun with others when suddenly an assassin pops out of stealth with spark and kills you before you damage log even shows? This has happened to nearly everyone I believe.

I only read to here. I've never been killed before seeing any damage.
Sins have stealth for a reason. They have high damage but their defense is also very low for good reason.

Another stupid suggestion.
when InTake gets ct buff

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A
so Stealth is a skill like any other. We've had QQ threads about lots of other skills as well. If stealth was taken away might as well take away a Cleric's heal and a Psy's SOV. yes i agree stealth sparking sins SUCK but hey thats the game
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$ 
Read the whole thing guys. ^^
Don't hate, appreciate.

Offline Mx11y

• Old Player
I didn't think serious sins even used stealth in PvP anymore.
This.
so Stealth is a skill like any other. We've had QQ threads about lots of other skills as well. If stealth was taken away might as well take away a Cleric's heal and a Psy's SOV. yes i agree stealth sparking sins SUCK but hey thats the game
If they suck then why not change it so it is more balanced.
Don't hate, appreciate.

Offline ChicaBomb

• fuck france
  • breadstick

Because it is their way of playing the game/their class.
when InTake gets ct buff

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
Assassins aren't assassins if they're not ninjas with their stealth. It may be annoying but it can be dealt with by AD/expel. Sins are most shown on the rank list not just because of their fast kills but because they make up most of this server.

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A

because it is part of the game. and it is balanced like mentioned above sins are SQUISHY. but lockign this cause it will turn into another flaming thread
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$