Epic Perfect World

(NW) Remove purify spell from Venos and Clerics

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
he was talking about purify procs it self .______. LoL it is a freakin OP status for magic class :-
-Gives casters survivability that only Has are supposed to have at equal gears
-Gives casters greater mobility that vastly outperforms melee speed buffs
-Allows for "lucky saves" even if the player using Purify is unskilled
-Destroys stunlocks that require damage
-20v1 Adroit Style in NW is OP
-Vastly outperforms other weapon effects, which require that the user attacks (as opposed to Purify's "being attacked" requirement) e.g. :Archer Purge/GoF are powerful but "ride" on attacks - Purify proc does not require the caster to do anything.
There are, of course, more reasons

It does not increase defense at all. It just breaks some stuns, sometimes. It comes with losing 16% chan compared to dragon which in practise means casting at about half the speed an arcane normally would. Meaning damage is a joke and casting survival skills is way slower.  (With the exception of mystics, as their heal/attacks are pretty much instant anyway.)

The increased mobility is also bs. It takes quite a lot of hits to proc it and vs most classes purifyspell is pretty useless.

It outperforms other adds? In some situations perhaps. I'll gladly trade my purifyspell for a GOF add that works with spells though. GoF / Purge are way more generally usefull than the few situations purify shines in.

You play a class that'll floor an arcane in 3 seconds with mindless APS, I don't see how being a guaranteed 0-chance-to-win fight against a sin is any more balanced than sometimes getting lucky on breaking out with purify.

Also, I've seen you pk and you're the kind of sin that'll 3spark, occult & suicide on bramblehood. Please don't try to lecture people about being unskilled.

Okaaay, so here the thing. If veno wont use purify she use def, then she use skills. Veno have an anti-stun skill which works for 10sec, if the veno is good at timing she can use the for like ~8 sec then use IG or the veno skill Feral Concentration which is same thing as an IG, then let's say its an archer ( or she if first used the skill ) then she use another anti stun pill named Shadow Binder Power ( u can check ig the pot ) ... with an ep following her and healing there's anyway a big chance at getting at the point... veno's are good at that.
And if the veno was demon for example she could use IG x2 cuz of summer sprint .  :-X

Not entirely. The long antistun has a very long cooldown, requires pet to be alive (and close) and costs a spark. Feral also costs a spark.  Losing 2 sparks is a big deal and will not always be ready, not to mention pets get targetted and killed so fast that the antistun is less than reliable.

With the cooldowns on apo & feral you cannot use them 2 flag caps in a row either, and having both ready is rare in a tough war.

Also, since that gives a total of 30 seconds (assuming no purges & perfect timing, less without any of that.) of antistunned immunity after which apo, chi & all defskills are down it's not a good tactic for capping.  You'll fall far short of the flagstand being a relatively slow, squishy arcane getting killed very easily after.

You people are all naming ideal situations, as if the veno dropped in fresh, instantly got the flag without resistance & all skills & apo ready. This can ONLY happen if the whole group is rpking instead of looking at flags and only going after the veno when they already have the flag. At this point your own teams stupidity is a bigger problem than anything else.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
I agree with Feo yet again. All I see is sins saying remove it because their occults/stuns and freezes dont stick and they actually have to try to kill that person. I would love to be able to drop classes that easily, but we cant. Whenever Im ganked I use my def level pataka, which makes me lose 16% channeling putting me at 68%. My casting is so slow I can only get in a spell or two before being stunned and ultimately dying if I don't use an antistun or run away/IG. As for the perfect immune combo, I wish you could use that combo that fluidly but you can't. I can AD, Feral and IG if I don't have 2-3 people on me as I usually do. Also don't forget that once you IG you have a cooldown on all your pills leaving you unable to use any shadow binders. The venos I saw today did no such combo. All they did was run while their purify and eps/mystics healed them. I saw only one of them leave fox form only one time to feral (clearly shows the level of skill that veno has that they still go human for feral).
Last Edit: Aug 25, 2013, 10:02 pm by Caffeine

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya

It does not increase defense at all. It just breaks some stuns, sometimes. It comes with losing 16% chan compared to dragon which in practise means casting at about half the speed an arcane normally would. Meaning damage is a joke and casting survival skills is way slower.  (With the exception of mystics, as their heal/attacks are pretty much instant anyway.)

The increased mobility is also bs. It takes quite a lot of hits to proc it and vs most classes purifyspell is pretty useless.

It outperforms other adds? In some situations perhaps. I'll gladly trade my purifyspell for a GOF add that works with spells though. GoF / Purge are way more generally usefull than the few situations purify shines in.

You play a class that'll floor an arcane in 3 seconds with mindless APS, I don't see how being a guaranteed 0-chance-to-win fight against a sin is any more balanced than sometimes getting lucky on breaking out with purify.

Also, I've seen you pk and you're the kind of sin that'll 3spark, occult & suicide on bramblehood. Please don't try to lecture people about being unskilled.

Not entirely. The long antistun has a very long cooldown, requires pet to be alive (and close) and costs a spark. Feral also costs a spark.  Losing 2 sparks is a big deal and will not always be ready, not to mention pets get targetted and killed so fast that the antistun is less than reliable.

With the cooldowns on apo & feral you cannot use them 2 flag caps in a row either, and having both ready is rare in a tough war.

Also, since that gives a total of 30 seconds (assuming no purges & perfect timing, less without any of that.) of antistunned immunity after which apo, chi & all defskills are down it's not a good tactic for capping.  You'll fall far short of the flagstand being a relatively slow, squishy arcane getting killed very easily after.

You people are all naming ideal situations, as if the veno dropped in fresh, instantly got the flag without resistance & all skills & apo ready. This can ONLY happen if the whole group is rpking instead of looking at flags and only going after the veno when they already have the flag. At this point your own teams stupidity is a bigger problem than anything else.
I know, thats what is happening now sadly, 75% of the ppl are more concerned about the pk than the flag, when they realize that the flag holder is almost in their base they go faster after her/him which is useless.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I agree with Feo yet again. All I see is sins saying remove it because their occults/stuns and freezes dont stick and they actually have to try to kill that person. I would love to be able to drop classes that easily, but we cant. Whenever Im ganked I use my def level pataka, which makes me lose 16% channeling putting me at 68%. My casting is so slow I can only get in a spell or two before being stunned and ultimately dying if I don't use an antistun or run away/IG. As for the perfect immune combo, I wish you could use that combo that fluidly but you can't. I can AD, Feral and IG if I don't have 2-3 people on me as I usually do. Also don't forget that once you IG you have a cooldown on all your pills leaving you unable to use any shadow binders. The veno's I saw today did no such combo. All they did was run while their purify and eps/mystics healed them. I saw only one of them leave fox form only one time to feral (clearly shows the level of skill that veno has that they still go human for feral).

They may have done it for the speedbuff knowing that feral would cover the increased squishyness. But I agree, I'm not bad at veno and I have had a lot of practise capping flags in NW and it is VERY rare that I can pull off a flawless immunity combo without getting purged or stunned etc.

EA's (which NW is completely full of) seem to rain a  purge every second or two which is really all it takes to get me instakilled.

I know, thats what is happening now sadly, 75% of the ppl are more concerned about the pk than the flag, when they realize that the flag holder is almost in their base they go faster after her/him which is useless.

Exactly, I have a hard time taking these nerf request seriously when they essentially let these cappers sit, build chi & finish cooldowns completely unhindered and then go all out on the flag run before they even TRY to stop them. 

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
They may have done it for the speedbuff knowing that feral would cover the increased squishyness. But I agree, I'm not bad at veno and I have had a lot of practise capping flags in NW and it is VERY rare that I can pull off a flawless immunity combo without getting purged or stunned etc.

EA's (which NW is completely full of) seem to rain a  purge every second or two which is really all it takes to get me instakilled.

Exactly, I have a hard time taking these nerf request seriously when they essentially let these cappers sit, build chi & finish cooldowns completely unhindered and then go all out on the flag run before they even TRY to stop them.
Today was, there were like 2-3 ppl from my nation not digging flag, RIGHT NEAR IT, and 3-4 from the other nation... i get the flag i start running... then realize no1 is coming after me LOL when i almost got there an archer comes after me but was too later...

Offline Jolhans

• Old Player
Simple solution, kill the cleric or are you saying that this is too difficult for 20 people?

Also, I can most definitely argue skill. I've won a war 2 (me + ea) vs 20, without even being attacked while carrying the flag on one cap.  So nice seeing 20 idiots chase the EA all over the map while running with the flag unhindered.   20 idiots < 1 person doing something right.

Yea, it's difficult but if you KNOW that this particular duo is a dangerous carrier/support combo then why don't you prevent them from getting it. Oh, that's right, you're rpking untill they already have the flag and by then it's too late. Maybe you should consider taking them out before they can get the flag.
Skill?? you seriously talking?? this is not the same case as you metioned before.

first of all You should read again what I typed, I was watching the whole thing happening, I even was one of the persons trying to get this veno,  the purify spell procesed too fast IMAGINE IF IT PROCESS VERY FAST WITH ONLY ONE PERSON HITTING, and oh lord , we were 20 persons after a veno hitting her. OFC some of them were very dumb, but you cant even compare skill to Opness, IT WAS MASS PK AGAINST A SMALL GROUP. like i said...

WHO NEEDS SKILL WHEN YOU CAN 20v4?? IF 20 ppl cant kill 4 ppl theres something OP here. oh god. Seriously, we were getting base locked for a 10 small group of asians, and you come here to me saying this is not OP?

And as I remember feone, I also leaded 20 ppl against a small squad from you of 6 ppl, and you won several territories with that small group. I had to deal with all these 20 ppl, and the only time your squad lose to mine, was when YOU (veno) didnt pick up the damn flag. is not even being pro or knowing what to do, is using the OP factors from your class right, since it was 20v6.

And if u remove purify spell u do what...? U'll start making threads with removing veno's skills?  ??? or pots?  ??? Ijs ...
Whos talking about veno skills??

Is not like you were an assasin or something, get out.

I've purged Feone several times of his purify buff and we've been able to kill him and he's way better than that veno Jolhan was talking about. No one was attacking that EP/Mystic combo healing the veno and no one bothered to try anything (someone said that because their armors are OP we, 20 people, couldnt beat 5 of them). More than half the people just stood afk in the centre doing nothing like a bunch of idiots. Purify isnt the problem in my opinion, stupidity is the problem.
MAN; it happened THE WHOLE NW, I was in several territories and it kept happening.

My gear. 80% crit rate aps mode 2.86 attack speed, 61+ attack lvls with a genie with +132 LP, skilled assassin. YOU KNOW HOW MANY CREDITS I GOT AFTER 2 HOURS OF NW? 5.678 credits.

Like i told you before, we were getting base locked from Light. BASE LOCKED

I almost lost a 20v6 map because of stupid players that instead of killing the EP healing flag holder they either AFK or hit a useless player. The problem is indeed stupidity, if you get put in same map with lame pkers then expect to lose.
I do agree with you. THere are a lot of noobs around.

But then again. The veno took less than 40 secs to get from the flag possition, to their destiny.

Fck, she was in perma anti stun. I KILLED THE DAMN CLERIC RIGHT AFTER I SAW HER. there was no way, to get that fcking veno, I even immovilize her and used subsea, PURIFY STATUS WORKED RIGHT AWAY.

That was the only chance we had to kill her. Seriously, Veno with purify status + cleric + mystic = GG NW.

Come on. Give me more please.

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
Instead of complaining how the venos and clerics are OP in NW maybe you should try making a squad with them and see if it's as easy as you say it is. The veno without support (healer/EAs to speed buff) can easily be killed by pretty much any class or like in most cases instantly killed by a group AA. On the other hand if the veno has the team to support it, it is way harder to kill, but far from impossible. The people who are complaining about this are probably  APSers who do solo NWs or just RPK to score as much points as possible for themselves on every map, and then wonder how they lose. Maybe you should stop asking for nerfs and try the class yourself and see if their job is as easy as you think or if they are "OP".

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Instead of complaining how the venos and clerics are OP in NW maybe you should try making a squad with them and see if it's as easy as you say it is. The veno without support (healer/EAs to speed buff) can easily be killed by pretty much any class or like in most cases instantly killed by a group AA. On the other hand if the veno has the team to support it, it is way harder to kill, but far from impossible. The people who are complaining about this are probably  APSers who do solo NWs or just RPK to score as much points as possible for themselves on every map, and then wonder how they lose. Maybe you should stop asking for nerfs and try the class yourself and see if their job is as easy as you think or if they are "OP".

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
I was in those maps with you. I know what happened. It doesn't matter how many aps you have. You have to DPH (every class has to not only sins) in order to have a chance at killing without purify proc. But people do not know this (not saying you dont, but majority do not). I was there with you attacking and purging her everytime I got the chance to in order to stop purify from working but when there are EAs and sins just pure apsing on her, ofc purify will proc. If skills were used then she wouldve went down way easier. But how can you explain that to dense and closed minded people? We lost those maps constantly (which I went to almost every single attack) due to peoples lack of understanding of how purify works and a blatant refusal to work together.

Offline Mx11y

• Old Player
Hi, I want axes with purify for my BM , pls!!

EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL !!!

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
Blablabla

You're dumb, sorry. It was a squad of xpen + a squad of S. KOREA base locking Frost. Why? Because you people were too freaking dumb and kept losing 20 vs 10, no one of your nation really paid attention to the flag, and just so you know, eas can also give antistun + insane speed, aka Elven Alacrity, you're overreacting thinking it was all purify spell when there was more behind it, learn how to work as a team the next time instead of pvping in mid  :normal-36:

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
It was a squad of xpen + a squad of S. KOREA base locking Frost. Why? Because you people were too freaking dumb and kept losing 20 vs 10, no one of your nation really paid attention to the flag, and just so you know, eas can also give antistun + insane speed, aka Elven Alacrity, you're overreacting thinking it was all purify spell when there was more behind it, learn how to work as a team the next time instead of pvping in mid  :normal-36:
I know of the xpend squad base-locking, that was a whole other level of stupid. This specific squad was just 5 people. But you got the right idea. The majority of the people didn't bother to get to the flag and because of it, we kept losing. No teamwork = no win; very simple.

Offline Jolhans

• Old Player
this is why I suggested to remove Ironguards and the buffs you get after you die. SO Dph is viable, theres no way you can dph with those buffs, is either silly cause of the damage you made or suicidal cause any other sin that is aps will outdamage you.

I was in those maps with you. I know what happened. It doesn't matter how many aps you have. You have to DPH (every class has to not only sins) in order to have a chance at killing without purify proc. But people do not know this (not saying you dont, but majority do not). I was there with you attacking and purging her everytime I got the chance to in order to stop purify from working but when there are EAs and sins just pure apsing on her, ofc purify will proc. If skills were used then she wouldve went down way easier. But how can you explain that to dense and closed minded people? We lost those maps constantly (which I went to almost every single attack) due to peoples lack of understanding of how purify works and a blatant refusal to work together.
83% Crit rate, 104 attack lvls + Gof Full rank 8 sin, I know how to dph, thanks for the advice.

You're dumb, sorry. It was a squad of xpen + a squad of S. KOREA base locking Frost. Why? Because you people were too freaking dumb and kept losing 20 vs 10, no one of your nation really paid attention to the flag, and just so you know, eas can also give antistun + insane speed, aka Elven Alacrity, you're overreacting thinking it was all purify spell when there was more behind it, learn how to work as a team the next time instead of pvping in mid  :normal-36:
Please get out, you have no idea what Im talking about, you are focusing too much on the anti stun part when the real problem is the fact that the veno is almost insta purified from a few hits. I was casting skills, as I believe you are able to read, you can do it again. The purify even works while casting skills, is the same shit as aps since there were plenty of people there doing that.

The point at the end is, that you dont have a chance when the person eithers get purified from wep, speed boosted, or purified/healed from another person with purify spell as well, Regarless the aps. Get it right.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord

You have to DPH (every class has to not only sins) in order to have a chance at killing without purify proc. But people do not know this (not saying you dont, but majority do not).
I never said you never knew how to DPH, nor was I giving you advice. But if people APS while you're trying to DPH, its not going to do any good whatsoever. I saw a few people just full out APSing without doing anything else. Ofc its going to proc purify. If everyone were to cast skills, there would be a far smaller chance for purify to work. Again,
No teamwork = no win; very simple.

yunie1

Yes, sure, let's give you the chance to mindlessly auto attack through your target's HP without it having a chance to break your stun locks. Learn to play as a team, it's not like you couldn't target their cleric first and then wreck the veno in 3 seconds. You did nothing but embarrass yourself with this topic.  :police: