Epic Perfect World

HELP?!Whats best for a mystic demon or sage?

Offline Delirious

• Fighting on the edge of Insanity.....
  • Characters: Adamantite
Ive Posted this to ask u guys to tell me wich one is better for mystic Demon or Sage?

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction
Ive Posted this to ask u guys to tell me wich one is better for mystic Demon or Sage?

demon= all about gaining that chi fast O;( i would say demon<3)

sage= idk
Last Edit: Aug 25, 2013, 03:11 am by HellishKitty

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
I personally prefer demon on mine, sage is more suited for mostly support, aint my style.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
I've mostly been demon on mystic, which I have loved (demon thicket, demon pets give chi, most skills hit a tad harder, short tidal from buff).
However, a good friend of mine (and one of the best mystics you will find) suggested I try sage, which I have just switched to. So far, the benefits seem just as nice (heal has chance to puri, more pdef from buff, rapid cd may be wiped)

Overall, judging by the ranks and my experience, both cultivations are beneficial to mystic (either way, you still hit pretty damn hard with both). But as Timention said, general difference seems to be that demon is a tad more powerful for DDing, where as sage can be rather useful for support and tank (spam heals on others and the puri).

Im still a fan of demon, but I have only been sage for 2 days, so we'll see how it goes ^_^

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
I've mostly been demon on mystic, which I have loved (demon thicket, demon pets give chi, most skills hit a tad harder, short tidal from buff).
However, a good friend of mine (and one of the best mystics you will find) suggested I try sage, which I have just switched to. So far, the benefits seem just as nice (heal has chance to puri, more pdef from buff, rapid cd may be wiped)

Overall, judging by the ranks and my experience, both cultivations are beneficial to mystic (either way, you still hit pretty damn hard with both). But as Timention said, general difference seems to be that demon is a tad more powerful for DDing, where as sage can be rather useful for support and tank (spam heals on others and the puri).

Im still a fan of demon, but I have only been sage for 2 days, so we'll see how it goes ^_^

Completely unrelated and off topic, but could you please stop using that green font? It burns my eyes  :'(

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
Completely unrelated and off topic, but could you please stop using that green font? It burns my eyes  :'(

But it's my favourite :monkey-12:

The other green is icky.

I'll use it less though ^_^

/offtopic

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran

But it's my favourite :monkey-12:

The other green is icky.

I'll use it less though ^_^

/offtopic

:normal-40: Thank you

/Also off topic

Offline Kyrael

Look at the skills for yourself. Both have great skills, both have average or below average bonuses.

For a short breakdown of significant skills (ignoring res buff mostly, since as long as you revive charms take care of it, but even then demon>sage since exp means nothing and no charm tick on revive is nice)...

Demon Pros
Chances to proc debuffs (ESPECIALLY the HF from thicket, and each plant has a chance to apply it)
Chi on heal and pets (good OUT OF COMBAT chi gain, or supporting chi gain)
More reliable immobilize
Longer knockback
Falling petals lasts longer, so doesn't have to be constantly reapplied
Mini-Tidal Protection
Crit boost
Reliable CD reduction on rapid growth
Chance to only cost 1 spark for cragglord
-chan boost on spark
Can remove chi from enemies
Demon Cons
NV and AS have mediocre upgrades (crap damage add, hard to use interrupt)
Comforting Mist is unreliable as a purify, as it's not targeted and not spammable
No chi boost or damage reduction from spark/chi skill

Sage Pros
More reliable in-combat chi gain (NV and AS)
Chance for slow on gale force (makes mobs running less of an issue)
Chance to not spend chi on bramble tornado
Spammable purify chance on heal
Bonus pdef
More flat wood damage
Chance to eliminate cooldown on rapid growth
Longer cragglord
Chi boost on chi skill
Damage reduction on spark
Sage Cons
Damage boost on swirling mist and thicket are negligible
Falling petals, comforting mist, and all pets have useless upgrades (mana cost means nothing on a pserver unless you're a cleric).
No -chan on spark

I prefer demon for the debuffs and more reliable CC. I can also be back in fighting shape with full chi very quickly after a death without waiting for cloud eruption. However, some sage skills are great; bonus pdef is awesome, purify is great, and more chi on attacks rather than defense are all nice. I just dislike having so many sage skills be useless with a charm; you don't need the mana reduction on pets, the gain on petals, or the reduction on comforting mist. Those are all skills that get better with the demon version, and no demon skills have no bonus.

Decide what you want. Sage has a harder time killing, but can hold up through a fight longer with pdef and more chi. Demon has less defense and less chi gain during combat, but has better CC skills and more debuffs and burst.

Mystics have one of the more balanced cultivations though. Decide what you want for yourself.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Hi.
I tried for 1 month each type of mystic(was bored)
And i can definetly say sage is better.
A sage mystic has more chances to survive,doesn't die in 5 seconds after falling petals are off and can be a damn annoying class when it has purify weapon spell and he spams healing skill(purify again)
So u can't debuff him w.o keeping a stunlock(working for sin/bm/psy)But as you know,mystic uses a high regeneration genie,so that won't be a problem.I say that sage #1. Demon is just for who wants to kill the arcane classes easy.Sage can kill anything.

Offline Nobody

its ur choice, u wanna be support or a killer? both of them work for both cultivations, but when ur sage a bit more support is up there because of u being able to tank more due to more phys def from verdant shell (sage) and the purify from the heals, on the other hand, demon makes u attack harder in few more ways, as some demon skills adds more damage and ofc demon thicket which could bring up hf on ur opponents.

In my opinion and in this server i would say go demon, but u can always look up all  the skills and u will knw wat u wanna go, support or DD.
Jishi