Epic Perfect World

For Mystic PK Sage/Demon?

Offline Escorian

• Old Player
For Pking as a Mystic which would be better?

Please explain also why so I can understand and don't just put demon or sage.

Ty Chiibi for the great Avatar and Siggy <3

Vote for your favorite smiley.

http://epicpw.com/general-discussion/what-is-your-favorite-smiley/

Offline Fatigue

• Glorious
  • You will never be this beautiful
Demon has better DD, But sage is better imo. Purify heals, Nicer skill effects, You dont need the ch from demonspark, The bless is nice if you have to 3spark to live/Kill some tank mofo. Sage has a lot more survivability= Needed for mystic

Offline Consist

• Old Player
Go look at top 100 mystics and see what the majority is.

Offline Fatigue

• Glorious
  • You will never be this beautiful
Go look at top 100 mystics and see what the majority is.

No.1 is sage.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
I agree with Madoka, Sage Mystics are in my opinion better. Their buffs are nice (that purify heal is especially nice) and they provide overall more survivability and tankiness. Mystics do crazy stupid damage AS combo regardless if they're Sage or Demon. Mystics don't need the boost in channeling from demon spark (Sage Rapid growth has a chance to reset it's cooldown which would allow you to spam AS more), but they could benefit extremely from the 25% damage reduction from sage spark. I looked at each and every skill Sage and Demon and picked which I liked better.

Don't judge based on rankings, some of the best mystics are sage.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
Demon Mystic is a better DD, they're like a Demon Veno's Nova their Thicket has the amp effect, their heal has a chance to give chi, gale forces chance to paralyze is increased by 35%.

Sage Mystic has higher defence, for the skills look at Madorka's post.

My Demon is mystic but i would change to Sage if i still played it, i feel like i die too easily as demon but that may be because my r8 stats were bad and i used Dragon gear for most of the time i played it.

Offline Escorian

• Old Player
ty for the responses I guess I will stick with my Sage Mystic then.

Offline grotegrutjes

• Dream it, wish it, do it.
ehh? new gms wat did i missed o.o seems lots

Offline 🌸

• -
ehh? new gms wat did i missed o.o seems lots

They changed their names.
I think this is right:
Kyan - WatchTower
Amnesia - Malon
Nite - Khaleesi
Echo - Paprika
Ruin - Brash

Offline Escorian

• Old Player
They changed their names.
I think this is right:
Kyan - WatchTower
Amnesia - Malon
Nite - Khaleesi
Echo - Paprika
Ruin - Brash

I actually think he was referencing you since no other "gm" replied to the thread.

Offline Scwerz

• Im Your Bad Dream
Demon Mystic is a better DD, they're like a Demon Veno's Nova their Thicket has the amp effect, their heal has a chance to give chi, gale forces chance to paralyze is increased by 35%.

Sage Mystic has higher defence, for the skills look at Madorka's post.

My Demon is mystic but i would change to Sage if i still played it, i feel like i die too easily as demon but that may be because my r8 stats were bad and i used Dragon gear for most of the time i played it.

Yes...this Right

Offline 🌸

• -
I actually think he was referencing you since no other "gm" replied to the thread.

oh, i just expected he meant the server list because i know him in-game. ^-^

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Like Nyxxa said, Absorb Soul still hits like a train regardless of your cultivation. When I played a normal PKing Mystic, I went demon for the channeling. Rapid growth had a small cool down, the demon spark, etc. Put nice r8 stats on top of that and you'd be popping out Absorb Soul like a pregnant teen pops out food stamps.

Survivability shouldn't matter much between the two cultivations. They both still have a spam heal. One just has a chance for more chi, and the other one has a chance to purify. Demon still can get a purify to proc off of their AOE heal, but it's a very low chance, and there's a cooldown.

Same with support: it really doesn't matter much. I was used to replace a cleric most of the time in GV and in TWs. ._. Though, I do see more people on a sage mystic rather than a demon nowadays. Maybe I'm just a biased hipster.

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37: