Epic Perfect World

Building help

Offline Dombra

Okay so I just started a Veno and I need some help in the stats distribution...

And also some tips, for example, is the HA veno worth? If so how should I get my points, or a hybrid build... I want my fox form to have some use, so idk what I should do... Help? :b
Barbarian - Untamed Barbarian - Biggest D(efense)
DatBoi - Human Warrior - Fam want CC?
ToadGod - Nightshade Duskblade - Hippity Hoppity get off my property
[/center]

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
I suggest vit-mag or pure mag build. Personally i find HA on a veno not worth it.
When i tried it out i was still squishy although it may have been because of the accessories i was using.
I did hit hard on magic classes, i loved apsing them but on physical classes your damage sucks really bad.

Fox form still has much use, it increases your physical defence, you can amplify your damage, purge and bewitch.
I'm not good at venomancer so there isn't much help i can give you. D:

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
Okay so I just started a Veno and I need some help in the stats distribution...

And also some tips, for example, is the HA veno worth? If so how should I get my points, or a hybrid build... I want my fox form to have some use, so idk what I should do... Help? :b

Okay, well. This has many many many many answers.

1. Do you want to be full DD, squish fast, but the possibility to kill them before they can get you? If so go full magic. You will be squishy against other classes, but you will do good damage. (Go demon)

2. Do you want to do alright damage but take a few good hits? If so go vit and magic. Only a little vit, just enough to bump up your stats, but still enough magic to kill. (can go sage or demon I suppose, though if you want good damage go demon)

3. Do you want to tank? You will be support only because you wont do any damage, but you have the ability to tank so much you can pull cata with the barbs as long as you have good gear and know what you are doing. (I'm a cata veno myself). If so, then go full vit with enough magic to have good magic defense and good physical defense along with being able to hold your weapon. Most of the time you will be in fox form to purge, amp, birdy and so on. Only really go into human form to nova and stun. (Go sage for this)

4. I have never really messed with a HA veno, but if that is what you want then you will need some dex, lots of str and some magic. ^-^ I hear it is good, I hear it is bad, it is all about what you want to do with your veno. (Go sage)

Oh and, with sage and demon? Sage is more support/tank, while demon is full DD.

I hope I was able to help you, if you have anymore questions please feel free to either comment here, private message me here or in game. All of my character's names are listed down below. ^-^ Happy gaming! :-\
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Offline CaeDares

• ϾᴂĐᵃᵲᵊᶊ
  • "Counting Bodies Like Sheep"
I would start by looking at some of the highest possible gear you could get for a veno, and build your stats up for those. If you end up finding something better and your points don't match it at all, you can easily undo them and restat.
I haven't really started my Veno at all, so I wouldn't know how to finish building her with the extra stats you've got left over, but in my opinion, if you're wanting to go for full damage, then just throw them into mag (unless you're one of those rare people who like to do fist/claw venos... then you would throw it into strength.) You don't really need to put anything into vit because your gear should cover that
Vikton - Blademaster - 147
Valiska - Seeker - 110
CaeDares - Archer - 119
?????? - Venomancer - 110
Gooby - Barbarian - 131

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
You don't really need to put anything into vit because your gear should cover that

Honestly, with the high damage now a days, veno's will get it up the booty from archers, sins and such like that. A little vit doesn't hurt anyone, especially if you don't have the best gear.  :-X

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
I main a veno, so here's my advice:
Use pure mag to level to 150, it will be the easiest and fastest method. Afterwards you can play around with different builds. If you're looking into HA veno's you need to ask yourself, "how do I like to play?". HA venos are support classes in PK, meaning they're mainly there for debuffs, amps, bewitch, chi burn, nova. In PvE, HA venos can be APS in order to attack in fox form OR magic (considering the amount of str you need for HA armor, you will have way less mag to do proper damage with your spells and way less damage while using physical attacks, leaving you to be the "jack of all trades").

If you're looking to PvP with DD'ing in mind, pure mag is the way to go. You use your fox form debuffs just as much as you would being full support. In my opinion, HA veno's are a niche build, more for novelty purposes than actual good. They have low magical defenses, leaving them open to quick death from any magic class. Mag venos have a lot of tanky skills like Bramble Hood and Blazing Barrier (requires human form) at their disposal which allow them to take a lot less damage while being to dish out a lot of damage.
All in all, I would say learn how to use a venomancer in pure mag form. Once you get a hang of the class and its inner workings, you can look into transitioning into HA.

PS. The recommended cultivations for HA/AA venomancers also varies. Demon Venomancers are more damage oriented while sage is more support oriented (longer stuns, stronger debuffs).
Last Edit: Aug 21, 2013, 07:38 pm by Caffeine

Offline CaeDares

• ϾᴂĐᵃᵲᵊᶊ

Honestly, with the high damage now a days, veno's will get it up the booty from archers, sins and such like that. A little vit doesn't hurt anyone, especially if you don't have the best gear.  :-X

Trruuueee, but when it comes to Sins, face it, they're nearly impossible to 1v1 against unless you're a sin yourself or get a lucky stun on them as an archer :/ and then they laugh at you and say you suck, even though they're the ones playing an overused character that gives certified PK wins.
Against an archer is understandable...a little extra vit definitely wouldn't hurt. But that's more of a personal opinion, either get that bit of extra vit, or that bit of extra damage.
Valiska - Seeker - 110
CaeDares - Archer - 119
Gooby - Barbarian - 131

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks

Trruuueee, but when it comes to Sins, face it, they're nearly impossible to 1v1 against unless you're a sin yourself or get a lucky stun on them as an archer :/ and then they laugh at you and say you suck, even though they're the ones playing an overused character that gives certified PK wins.
Against an archer is understandable...a little extra vit definitely wouldn't hurt. But that's more of a personal opinion, either get that bit of extra vit, or that bit of extra damage.
The thing with sins and venos is that most sins on here are so clueless they will aps you while you have bramble hood on and basically suicide themselves on you. There are very few sins who are smart enough to switch to DPH while a veno has Hood or Barrier on. I don't like waiting for their tidal comes off so I just pop on my damage reductions and kill them through tidal since sins are super squishy.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh

Trruuueee, but when it comes to Sins, face it, they're nearly impossible to 1v1 against unless you're a sin yourself or get a lucky stun on them as an archer :/

Psychics can kill sins pretty easy.
I still lose to some though, especially the ones with OP gear. :'(

Ontopic:
Personally i hated playing veno because of the defence, i was demon too with fail r8 stats so i dropped to aps sooo easy. I had to build up sparks to actually be of use, which sucks in mass pk.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran

Sins almost never kill me. '-' I was in TW the other day and I had a sin going ham on me with 500 damage.... Didn't even tick my charm through the small aoe heals going on.

The thing with sins and venos is that most sins on here are so clueless they will aps you while you have bramble hood on and basically suicide themselves on you. There are very few sins who are smart enough to switch to DPH while a veno has Hood or Barrier on. I don't like waiting for their tidal comes off so I just pop on my damage reductions and kill them through tidal since sins are super squishy.

I love it when I pop that skill, watching them kill themselves on me.... never stops being funny to me. LMAO!

Offline CaeDares

• ϾᴂĐᵃᵲᵊᶊ

Well, it also depends on what class you're playing as. Like, for example, my BM. I can't rely on Bramble to help me fight a sin. I 1v1'd a sin that was the exact same level as me. The only difference was that I had demon and he had neither demon or sage. The only the he did that entire 1v1 was stun me and shred through me. The stun was the only skill he used. I was at least able to pop my physical buff, but the stun lasted the entire time he was shredding through my health. He kicked my ass, then called me f**king stupid for even trying. To me, it was just inevitable proof that unless you're a class that is able to deny his stun or reflect his damages you stand absolutely no chance against a sin, and that's why people are making a crap load of sins. Because they know they're OP as hell.
Valiska - Seeker - 110
CaeDares - Archer - 119
Gooby - Barbarian - 131

Offline Dombra

Well, I'll be trying demon high damage pure mag (some vit added) build till 150, from there I'll just paly with the stats a bit and will test it in private pk sessions I guess.. Ty ^^
Barbarian - Untamed Barbarian - Biggest D(efense)
DatBoi - Human Warrior - Fam want CC?
ToadGod - Nightshade Duskblade - Hippity Hoppity get off my property
[/center]

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Arcane is useful if you want high damage but you'll be squishy no matter what. Pure magic has extremely high attack but physical classes will rip you a new asshole, APS classes especially. A little bit of vit helps but you will still be squishy.

Heavy Venos are not as bad as people say they are.(I play one) Magic classes will do catastrophic damage against you but physical classes will have a hard time killing you. This does not mean you can't kill a magic user, you can but it will require much more work and better timing so you can time your survival skills right. Heavy Venos can laugh off a Sin's damage unless they are one of those triple sparking occult Sins. Archers are a bit of a challenge if they are a mage Archer but as long as you can stop them from running around you should be fine.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran

Another way to keep yourself ready for sins and such would be to carry a good pdef dragon ring.  :-\ You will have less mdef and less chan, but you will stand a better chance to tank them.

Offline Montblanc

Well, it also depends on what class you're playing as. Like, for example, my BM. I can't rely on Bramble to help me fight a sin. I 1v1'd a sin that was the exact same level as me. The only difference was that I had demon and he had neither demon or sage. The only the he did that entire 1v1 was stun me and shred through me. The stun was the only skill he used. I was at least able to pop my physical buff, but the stun lasted the entire time he was shredding through my health. He kicked my ass, then called me f**king stupid for even trying. To me, it was just inevitable proof that unless you're a class that is able to deny his stun or reflect his damages you stand absolutely no chance against a sin, and that's why people are making a crap load of sins. Because they know they're OP as hell.

Even though i've never really played a Veno, stuns shouldn't be that much of a problem, you just need a decent mag/vit or dex genie with the right skills to deal with them.
That plus a purify weapon, should be more than enough to make the stun>aps almost useless. :3

Edit: If a good genie plus purify weapon isn't enough because they hit too hard, you can always use p. def chocolates. x:
Last Edit: Aug 21, 2013, 08:08 pm by Montblanc
- meow !