Epic Perfect World

affordable random item packs.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
The thing is, any pack that can just be bought & opened with any profit at all will be abused. it takes about 1-4 seconds to do 1 pack quest depending on your ping.
Autoclickers can run easily for say 15 hours a day when someone isn't playing or using their home computer.
15 hours  = 15-50k packs opened a day, per client, with no efford whatsoever. Even if there is just a 1% chance to get anything at all that's still a massive amount of rewards, WAY more than anyone could open by hand. It needs some sort of limit to not be massively abused.

I completely agree with you on that matter. Maybe make them nontradeable and only able to buy via the boutique? That will stop SOME of it. Unless of course people do some breaking of the rules, but not everyone can/will do that.
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
I think unlimited availability is a bad idea.

Why?

Autoclickers.

Yeah, that is why I was mentioning cost and such. People just spam clickers. However, if the chances are low and it is only one pack, I don't think it will be afk spammed too much. Deva only had one pack, low chances on the good items, so it was a lot harder for people to spam all the time.

Items should never be ultimate items that are the very best or otherwise unobtainable. A good reward is fine, but don't make the best stuff dependable on chance packs. Some things that should definitely NOT be in there:
Cube neck, TM cape, Warsong belt, High-end tomes, etc.

Well ofc, I figured those things would go without saying. I even think ws mats or WWI and cogs are too high-end for these packs. They'd have to be an insanely low chance. Else cube would become redundant with Ares and these packs.
I believe this idea was only meant to be really low end stuff for a bit of fun, not packs that you could gear a character off of. So all that high-end should stay out completely.

To fix the unlimited availability thing Ill list several possible ideas on getting these packs:

Give an amount on dailies. Some posibilities would be:

Bounty Hunter
Treasure Quest
Endless Universe
Advanced Endless Universe
World Quest
Crazy Stone

I'd like the idea of restricting the amount of packs you can buy outright if you did add them to other parts of the game. Limits the spamming of packs with alts and autoclickers. Perhaps not for BH, it has enough rewards, but I like the idea of bringing in another old daily that isn't really used here. Perhaps as a reward for finishing cube (rm 50, not 60 as that has the cog already)?
Or Snake Isle or other dailies that are barely used.

The thing is, any pack that can just be bought & opened with any profit at all will be abused. it takes about 1-4 seconds to do 1 pack quest depending on your ping.
Autoclickers can run easily for say 15 hours a day when someone isn't playing or using their home computer.
15 hours  = 15-50k packs opened a day, per client, with no efford whatsoever. Even if there is just a 1% chance to get anything at all that's still a massive amount of rewards, WAY more than anyone could open by hand. It needs some sort of limit to not be massively abused.

Just copying myself but: I believe this idea was only meant to be really low end stuff for a bit of fun, not packs that you could gear a character off of. So all that high-end should stay out completely. I think low chance and lower rewards would help counter this.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran

I'd like the idea of restricting the amount of packs you can buy outright if you did add them to other parts of the game. Limits the spamming of packs with alts and autoclickers. Perhaps not for BH, it has enough rewards, but I like the idea of bringing in another old daily that isn't really used here. Perhaps as a reward for finishing cube (rm 50, not 60 as that has the cog already)?
Or Snake Isle or other dailies that are barely used.

No dailies. I personally wont do it. And I know 90% of my friends wont either. If you make it PvE all the server is going to rage. Stick to the boutique so you can only vote for it or buy gold for it.

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
how about limit the amount of chests you can open per day just like the EC chests from Twilight Temple?

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
how about limit the amount of chests you can open per day just like the EC chests from Twilight Temple?

Would they be able to do that if you used the boutique to buy them? :-\ If so that is a good idea.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

Easily bypassed with alts, though it makes autoclicking a bit tougher. Then again, people have herb-farming bots, a character/account switching bot is trivial compared.

No dailies. I personally wont do it. And I know 90% of my friends wont either. If you make it PvE all the server is going to rage. Stick to the boutique so you can only vote for it or buy gold for it.

The boutique idea would work. There is no infinite gold supply so it'd fix the main bot issue. People may rage because it'll be another advantage to cashshoppers but then again, everything pisses at least 1 person off.

Also, just because you and your friends don't like PVE doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a PVE option available. Many people on EPW enjoy PVE more than PVP so adding these boxes as a reward option from one or more of the things I listed in the previous post (or even any other) shouldn't be an issue.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
The boutique idea would work. There is no infinite gold supply so it'd fix the main bot issue. People may rage because it'll be another advantage to cashshoppers but then again, everything pisses at least 1 person off.

Also, just because you and your friends don't like PVE doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a PVE option available. Many people on EPW enjoy PVE more than PVP so adding these boxes as a reward option from one or more of the things I listed in the previous post (or even any other) shouldn't be an issue.

As long as they are the exact same as the boutique ones (not different so they can open more) I'm alright with that. though I do not understand why you would be on a private server to pve... but to each their own.

Offline Syn

• I just came here to have a good time and honestly I am feeling so attacked rn
tl;dr

I'd like to add that if they are autoclicking they won't be able to play meanwhile unless they have another computer. They can only have autoclicker on 1 char as well, and even if it's abusable they will still get less stuff than people who play if the chances of getting items are set correctly.

but yeah, basically, it's one side or other, abusable for normal players, or only benefits cash shoppers. and cash shoppers already get enough benefits with random stat equipment system imo
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks

Fair point. I was wondering when something would pop up about this being PVE. Don't hurt me, but I actually like PVEing ._.
But yeah, I imagine people wouldn't like the idea, was just offering a compromise to Feone's suggestion.

I'd like to add that if they are autoclicking they won't be able to play meanwhile unless they have another computer. They can only have autoclicker on 1 char as well, and even if it's abusable they will still get less stuff than people who play if the chances of getting items are set correctly.

but yeah, basically, it's one side or other, abusable for normal players, or only benefits cash shoppers. and cash shoppers already get enough benefits with random stat equipment system imo

People will just spam packs when afk or asleep, like catshops, is what she means.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

Oh don't underestimate bots.

Hell even a simple autoclicking utility can be set up to open client 1, click pack, tab to next client, click pack, repeat etc.

As long as they are the exact same as the boutique ones (not different so they can open more) I'm alright with that. though I do not understand why you would be on a private server to pve... but to each their own.

Id say a reward of an activityrepresenting the equivalent of <w/e amount of silvers a pack costs> in efford.

Offline Syn

• I just came here to have a good time and honestly I am feeling so attacked rn
Oh don't underestimate bots.

Hell even a simple autoclicking utility can be set up to open client 1, click pack, tab to next client, click pack, repeat etc.

That seems like something only someone who knows a lot about bots could do, and that's probably less than 5% of the server's population...

If the packs become a boutique item, it will only give more resources to cash shoppers, and who knows maybe one of those cash shoppers knows how to bot autoclick.

if it's gonna be another boutique item I just give up on this idea honestly xD
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
That seems like something only someone who knows a lot about bots could do, and that's probably less than 5% of the server's population...

If the packs become a boutique item, it will only give more resources to cash shoppers, and who knows maybe one of those cash shoppers knows how to bot autoclick.

if it's gonna be another boutique item I just give up on this idea honestly xD

Why would making it a cheap boutique item be that bad? (With PVE as an alternative option.)

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I'm torn.

My addictive personality would love this.

My more practical personality knows that packs were the bane of my existence on PWI.  The last thing I want is that addictive personality of mine to rear its ugly head.  I'd get nothing else done.

Also, if chances are too low, wouldn't it discourage buying them packs, especially if they're a boutique item?

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Escorian

• Old Player

Because this server requires more effort in pve than pwi does.

Ty Chiibi for the great Avatar and Siggy <3

Vote for your favorite smiley.

http://epicpw.com/general-discussion/what-is-your-favorite-smiley/

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I'm torn.

My addictive personality would love this.

My more practical personality knows that packs were the bane of my existence on PWI.  The last thing I want is that addictive personality of mine to rear its ugly head.  I'd get nothing else done.

Also, if chances are too low, wouldn't it discourage buying them packs, especially if they're a boutique item?

Depends how many of them you get I suppose. It's not an item I'd personally buy, I hate these kind of chance packs.