Epic Perfect World

Tusk Town GM event Full of Greedy Cheating.

The last two GM Tusk Town mob/Boss spawn events I attended were ruined by Greedy cheating characters. Last night was no different. These Toons would drop random items from their inventory  around the mob/boss. By doing so prevents others from picking drops form the Mobs/boss because of  the 30 second drop timer on player dropped Items allowiing only the player that dropped his items to pick up all drops (their own and mob/boss drops).  Only one solution to this is to Turn off Drop Timer in the Event area for the event only to keep cheaters from getting  Drops in this manner and ruining everyone elses fun. 
150 R 8 Seeker                                                          150 R 8 Veno                                                              150 Dragon Cleric                                                           150 Dragon Barb                                                        150 Dragon Sin

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
How does a player drop prevent you from picking up drops from a mob you killed? I'm failing to grasp a game mechanic here.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Tali

How does a player drop prevent you from picking up drops from a mob you killed? I'm failing to grasp a game mechanic here.

I'm guessing you get stuck on a "Cannot pick up" item? I don't know, most of the drop items are picked up within 5 seconds of the boss dying anyway, spam dat pickup button.
the drops from these events are free drops meaning anyone around boss/mob can pick those drops.
150 R 8 Seeker                                                          150 R 8 Veno                                                              150 Dragon Cleric                                                           150 Dragon Barb                                                        150 Dragon Sin

Offline elllieee

• Old Player
Guess what he meant were the Free drop bosses so all the peeps are able to pick from them and u get stuck on coins(if a player drops coins just under the boss before it dies.. You'll stay on the coins where as the person would get the rest of the drops.)

Good point this might be happening, wait for a reply from Agatio just cause removing the timer won't help... The timer on the character drop is there for a reason because a lot of players get into squad and pick-drop stuff on their alts and removing that would create problems . would need something different.

Maybe a simple rule against it would be enough.

Offline Janrey

• <3 Pearlie
  • Characters: Tigas
Guess what he meant were the Free drop bosses so all the peeps are able to pick from them and u get stuck on coins(if a player drops coins just under the boss before it dies.. You'll stay on the coins where as the person would get the rest of the drops.)

Good point this might be happening, wait for a reply from Agatio just cause removing the timer won't help... The timer on the character drop is there for a reason because a lot of players get into squad and pick-drop stuff on their alts and removing that would create problems . would need something different.

Maybe a simple rule against it would be enough.
You won't know who's dropping items/coins since there are like 100+ people attending the event and they are following the GM that is doing the event.
That's why when I do this event, I always make my coins in my inventory max so I won't be able to pick up the coins.

Offline YouGotMe

• HI <3
  • Believe me
  • Characters: CanadianBoy/HeyYouGotMe
  • Faction: Alamat
best way to do it... remove that event in tusk town!!!
THEY HATE US, CUZ THEY AINT US

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A
the thing with this is we cannot tell at the time who is dropping. i have seen this and caught a couple but it is very difficult to tell who is doing the dropping
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$ 

Offline elllieee

• Old Player
the thing with this is we cannot tell at the time who is dropping. i have seen this and caught a couple but it is very difficult to tell who is doing the dropping

True even cause the amount of mobs and their size so guess the best thing would be to keep 200m coins in the inventory like Jan said ;)

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK

True even cause the amount of mobs and their size so guess the best thing would be to keep 200m coins in the inventory like Jan said ;)

Not everyone has that much though. I don't think we should get rid of the event, because it drops things people need. Is there anyway to go about this? Maybe make the mobs smaller? I do not know though, I don't really go to this event since it lags me out.
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
With the amount of people that attend, as Khaleesi said, there would be no way to enforce this if it were to become a rule.

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
What I do is instead of spamming the pick up key, I spam my mouse clicks. That way you can see the items you're picking up on the ground. Ive personally never had this happen to me, but it sounds like a real cheap and low thing to do. The only way I can see something like this being fixed is if the events were done in an open instance where dropping isn't allowed, that way you can only pick up mob drops and not drop things yourself. If there were to be a rule placed, it would cause a lot more problems because people would see it being done and rage at the GMs for not doing anything, but free drops are done by one person usually, and that one person can't keep an eye on everyone and they also cant take every persons word on rule breaking without proof.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
This is an issue that should be dealt with but finding the people dropping isn't easy. At the event if it is possible they could disable player drops until the event is over.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
The only way I can see something like this being fixed is if the events were done in an open instance where dropping isn't allowed, that way you can only pick up mob drops and not drop things yourself.

This is a wonderful suggestion, and it's being looked into now.  :smiley:

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Tali

Image macro was deleted so I just have to post this again in text based format.

This is why we can't have nice things.