Epic Perfect World

Treasure Hunt

Offline scooby94

• Beginner
I really hate it how other people can dig the treasure and get your drops. It'd be pretty nice if they would make it invisible to people other than the person taking the quest of course. Just a thought :-X

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
Sadly I don't think its possible to make them "invisible".

but I was recently thinking about something, Is it possible to make them respond like the Damage Ranking mob? When you take the quest "test your power" (something) It spawns a mob just for you, Only you can hit it. Is it possible to make map bosses like that? Considering its connected though a quest? 

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Yeah, that's the biggest flaw in that quest.  Never mind the fact that it's not worth doing outside of 2x, but when you do do it, there's that chance that someone will "mistake" your chest for theirs.  Now for those who have never done the treasure hunt, the BIGGEST giveaway you get if it IS your chest is if you get a popup that gives you exp and spirit if you complete the quest.  If you don't get that popup and you see a chest, it ain't yours.  Unless you're blind (and if you are, not sure how you're even playing this game--I'm curious about this actually), you cannot miss that popup.

Of course, people feign ignorance, steal shit, and then say they "didn't know". 

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
Yeah, that's the biggest flaw in that quest.  Never mind the fact that it's not worth doing outside of 2x, but when you do do it, there's that chance that someone will "mistake" your chest for theirs.  Now for those who have never done the treasure hunt, the BIGGEST giveaway you get if it IS your chest is if you get a popup that gives you exp and spirit if you complete the quest.  If you don't get that popup and you see a chest, it ain't yours.  Unless you're blind (and if you are, not sure how you're even playing this game--I'm curious about this actually), you cannot miss that popup.

Of course, people feign ignorance, steal shit, and then say they "didn't know".

I watched this happen last night up by snowy, a BM came and stole a chest mob from a mystic. I had assumed the BM was the mystic's alt, given the space of time between the mob spawning and the BM showing up, but upon investigation i found out if was a KSing little pinoy punk. Needless to say i took care of the issue before I finished looking for my chest. Not that it mattered though no sooner did I kill the mob than the BM came back with an Archer buddy and sniped the hell out of me. But the issue remains, on 2x no matter which town you port into searching for your chests, you see people in PK mode sitting just inside the town WAITING for people to fly out and follow. It comes down to this, make it impossible for KSing to continue and you will not only make a LOT of people simply trying to gear their toons VERY happy, You will also make a lot impudent little asswipes VERY butthurt that they now have to WORK for what they want, they wont be able to just take away from people who are willing to put in the leg work themselves.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

LaceyPip

I watched this happen last night up by snowy, a BM came and stole a chest mob from a mystic. I had assumed the BM was the mystic's alt, given the space of time between the mob spawning and the BM showing up, but upon investigation i found out if was a KSing little pinoy punk. Needless to say i took care of the issue before I finished looking for my chest. Not that it mattered though no sooner did I kill the mob than the BM came back with an Archer buddy and sniped the hell out of me. But the issue remains, on 2x no matter which town you port into searching for your chests, you see people in PK mode sitting just inside the town WAITING for people to fly out and follow. It comes down to this, make it impossible for KSing to continue and you will not only make a LOT of people simply trying to gear their toons VERY happy, You will also make a lot impudent little asswipes VERY butthurt that they now have to WORK for what they want, they wont be able to just take away from people who are willing to put in the leg work themselves.

100% Agreed

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

It all depends on culture. Some places the simple attitude of "If you let it happen, it's your own fault." (Quoted from a Pinoy known for using the "item with same icon" scam.)

What is abuse/pathetic behavior to some is just competition to others.

That being said, I would say that the server community as a whole would be better off if the people doing this would be permanently account & IP banned. Toxic behavior like this along with the constant trashtalk by certain other people is what makes the EPW community such a hostile place lately.

VelvetRose

It all depends on culture. Some places the simple attitude of "If you let it happen, it's your own fault." (Quoted from a Pinoy known for using the "item with same icon" scam.)

That being said, I would say that the server community as a whole would be better off if the people doing this would be permanently account & IP banned. Toxic behavior like this along with the constant trashtalk by certain other people is what makes the EPW community such a hostile place lately.

This.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.

I love you.

Stay Classy.

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
Most of those stealers are pinoys (wannabe blacks) :normal-20:

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
As I only see assholes and not their nationality, I wouldn't know. 

My husband got hit by, of all things, a CLERIC while doing treasure hunt.  She told him that she "thought it was hers". But he's one to not take shit sitting down (go ahead and take that remark any way you want)--hers eventually did pop, and he got his payback. 

Yeah yeah, two wrongs don't make a right, but considering that this was a low level alt that he was on (his mystic), he needed the EC for gear. 

Stay Classy.

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
Most of those stealers are pinoys (wannabe blacks) :normal-20:
:normal-2: who don't even know what a forum is

wait wtf
(wannabe blacks)
racist basterd  :normal-12:

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
That's why you take me with you. :c

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.

There are more people sniping treasure map mobs than there are GM's to help with it. I've had people trying to steal mine on numerous occasions. Thankfully they were either terrible, and couldnt take them from a 145 sin wearing a mix of 140/130 gear, or couldnt take a mob that just got pimp handed by a metal combo from a full r8 seeker. Either way, they HAVE tried, and failed. The point remains, if they had been a hair's breadth faster I would have lost map 5 loot on several different occasions. But as I said thankfully most of the attempts at my mobs were from terrible players.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline ShuiYu

• Old Player
  • Faction: Xpendable

<: malon goes on treasure hunt dates. come with me next time <3
[8/22/13 12:56:05 PM] Fab: come, i headhunt your pants
[8/22/13 12:56:38 PM] Bre :3: You're so cute I shadow walk before coming near you.
[8/22/13 12:56:59 PM] Scott: You make me fully charge my take aim.
[8/22/13 12:57:46 PM] Hong: You're so hot even soul of fire cant stop you
[8/22/13 12:57:46 PM] Scott: You make my domain absolute.
[8/22/13 12:58:18 PM] Bre :3: Your beauty stuns me through belief.
[8/22/13 1:00:04 PM] Scott: Keep this up and i'll release my deadly shot.