Epic Perfect World

Voting Script Change

Offline KratoS

• Retired Staff Member
Votes can now be done every 6 hours. And you will receive 40 silver per vote.
A relog is still required to gain your cubi.

We are currently #3 on xtremetop 100 Lets keep voting and show that we can take #1.
Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:22 am by Agatio
KratoS ~ GM ~ I AM RETIRED PLEASE STOP MESSAGING ME FOR HELP. I NO LONGER WORK FOR THIS SERVER.

WckdFists ~ 150 Demon BM
Erebos ~150 Demon Sin
Silas ~ 150 Sage Seeker

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
:D

Wait so votes every 6 hours = 2x votes per person = 2x votes on xtremetop 100...

Why didn't we have this before? :D

Also everyone is complaining we get too low... I must agree... give us 3.5 gold... and up everythings price by 10 :)
(Also up how much donation gold you get by 10).

That way we get a better amount of gold per vote! Less QQ in world chat and more votes!  ;D

Offline Pammy

• Old Player
Well it`s realy nice. First cause we will get better possition in tops and secondly - new people will be able to get faster items. :)

But our botique is a bit to small... I think Agatio should think about something else and add there more items, for example as i once mentioned - books. Cause some books are realy hard to get, I have made more than 20+ books to get two skills and still can`t get them.
At the moment I find botique a bit useless, i have gold, but have nothing to spend it on ;/

Offline Blacklace

• Support cannibalism = Bite Me!
Frequency we can vote is fine, the ability to vote more often means more votes but the incentive isn't there for me personally.  The whole point of private servers is to make them more fun without having to fork out cash.  Now don't get me wrong the server has lots on it and it's much easier than pwi but to get people to actually vote you have to make it much more worth their while than a little silver. 

There is not enough in the cash shop and you don't get enough cubi per vote to even make it worth the while for most people to even take the time.  If you want people to go out of their way you got to make them want to and as it is that's just not happening. 

"I'm right behind teenagers who are tired of being harassed by their dumb parents! Take a stand now! Move out of home, find work and pay your own way - while you're still clever enough and know everything."

Offline BloodLust

• I only drink the blood of my enemies!
Well said lace  :P yeah i cant just rotate my life to vote every 6 hours for 1 gold a day lol too much to do and i like to sleep, not gonna cut into that to vote either lol

Offline ArrowHead

• Made to be played!
YESSSSSS!!!!! NUMBER 3 in tops!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVE EPIC PERFECT WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Life is our real enemy...

Offline twikill4

You said 40 silver but on the vote page it says 35 Oo which one is the mistake.....

Offline Pammy

• Old Player
You said 40 silver but on the vote page it says 35 Oo which one is the mistake.....

First it was decided to give 35 silver and later it was changed to 40 silver. GM`s just didn`t had time to change that info on the voting page.

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
There is not enough in the cash shop and you don't get enough cubi per vote to even make it worth the while for most people to even take the time.  If you want people to go out of their way you got to make them want to and as it is that's just not happening.
"There's not enough in the cash shop"
Leveling scrolls, tokens for gear, mats for endgame gear, flying and ground mounts, etc. If he added anything else, people wouldn't have to do anything PvE related at all. You can already buy 150 and full dragon gear straight from the CS.

"You don't get enough cubi per vote to even make it worth the while"

First off, you should be voting because you enjoy playing on the server, and want to see the population flourish. But most people are selfish and only care about the instant gratification. Second, the voting silver isn't so you can get everything you ever wanted from the cash shop. Otherwise nobody would ever donate and the server would die pretty quickly. It's for a little extra boost while you farm your levels and gear.

"If you want people to go out of their way"
It literally takes one minute to vote. I don't really understand how that's going "out of your way"... And if you're not at home/at your computer when you can vote, you can just wait until you get back, or you can vote from your phone like I do if you have a smartphone.
Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:06 pm by Chum

Offline Blacklace

• Support cannibalism = Bite Me!
I'm talkin over a broad spectrum of players not just for myself, I have been on this server a long time and therefore spoken to many about this exact system and it may surprise you that the majority of people in the factions I have been in do not vote because it's basically not worth their while, their words as well as just my own opinion :)

"There's not enough in the cash shop"
Leveling scrolls, tokens for gear, mats for endgame gear, flying and ground mounts, etc. If he added anything else, people wouldn't have to do anything PvE related at all. You can already buy 150 and full dragon gear straight from the CS.

I'm well aware of what's in the shop you don't need to point that out for me, I am merely suggesting there could be more given for voting and perhaps some things added as an incentive to encourage voting.  For example the tokens for the flights if I remember correctly cost 15 gold, now that is over 2 weeks of voting time for me, cutting into my sleep time, just to vote alone and it gets me one item, where is the incentive in that? Basically there is a choice, spend hours online farming or vote every 6 hours, cutting into your sleep time to build up enough gold to buy one item on a private server which is supposed to be more fun and easier than pwi.

"You don't get enough cubi per vote to even make it worth the while"

First off, you should be voting because you enjoy playing on the server, and want to see the population flourish. But most people are selfish and only care about the instant gratification. Second, the voting silver isn't so you can get everything you ever wanted from the cash shop. Otherwise nobody would ever donate and the server would die pretty quickly. It's for a little extra boost while you farm your levels and gear.

It's my choice to vote or not to vote, it's not through being selfish that I don't, so be please don't assume or insinuate.  I have a very busy life, 3 kids, a job and a house to keep and believe me I'm a grown women and you don't need to preach to me about instant gratification, I spend most of my real life putting myself last after everyone else in my family :)

Whether you like it or not it's human nature that people expect something for something else, be it time or whatever and as it is that is lacking. It doesn't have to be easy, everything doesn't have to be in cash shop but is it so much to ask for a little give and take to encourage more voting? With todays economy as it is not everyone can afford to donate either or spend hours online farming.

"If you want people to go out of their way"
It literally takes one minute to vote. I don't really understand how that's going "out of your way"... And if you're not at home/at your computer when you can vote, you can just wait until you get back, or you can vote from your phone like I do if you have a smartphone.

It may only take a minute but like I said above 15 gold at 40 silver every 6 hours, assuming you manage to vote every 6 hours, to then just be able to buy one item.  Who is going to even bother to make the time for that.  Like I said, myself and I am sure many others lead busy lives and have a lot of responsibilities beyond just the game and voting and these are the people who like to play on private servers because it's supposed to be more fun and relaxed, not cost the earth and easier to lvl, get gear etc I'm sure you see where I am going with that :)

At the end of the day, if you want people to vote you need to make it worth their while, it may only take a minute but without incentive it's still not going to change.
Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:07 pm by Blacklace

"I'm right behind teenagers who are tired of being harassed by their dumb parents! Take a stand now! Move out of home, find work and pay your own way - while you're still clever enough and know everything."

Offline quantum

40 silver for 1 vote? seriously? isn't that very very low? thinking what items costs in gold..

Offline Pammy

• Old Player
40 silver for 1 vote? seriously? isn't that very very low? thinking what items costs in gold..

Thats sounds funny, before update we where getting 1 gold per day. Now in one day you can get 1.6gold... And prices in boutique are in very low price.

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
Was 25 silver/vote, 12 hours each vote before and no-one QQed.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
It's funny how it used to be 25 silver/12 hours. Now that it's 40 silver/6 hours, people are complaining more than ever.

Yay logic.

Damn, Elly ninja'd me.

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
It's funny how it used to be 25 silver/12 hours. Now that it's 40 silver/6 hours, people are complaining more than ever.

Yay logic.

Damn, Elly ninja'd me.
xD

Anyway, in my opinion this is good enough, 1.6 gold per day is more than good compared to before. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that this bonus is given for people to vote more for better rank on xtreme top 100's site and that it won't last if we lose the current place.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language