Epic Perfect World

): Treasure Quest

LaceyPip

During 2x it's possible to farm HUNDREDS of ec in an hour on a single toon with these quests. My sin banked 245 ec, and 260mil coins in 48minutes just on this last night alone. My seeker banked 191ec and 225mil coin in 42 minutes. So thats 436 EC, and almost half a billion coins in an hour and a half, No BH, no divines to worry about, and i came out with more EC than I could farm in 3 weeks in under 2 hours. The people shes talking about are stealing HUGE amounts of ec by sniping chest 5 mobs, THATS why theyre doing it.

Exactly what they are doing ...dishonest gamers

LaceyPip

You find it hard to believe, that on a server where (at the very least) 50% of the population measure their self worth by how many people they and 4-5 of their friends can ambush and kill, that people will go out of their way to do something like this simply to avoid doing the work for themselves? I wish I lived in a world as altruistic as the one you seem to inhabit.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.  Everyone looks forward to 2 x, it doesn't happen often, and when it comes along, we try to stay up late, start early, rush from work, do what we need to do quickly and move in behind our computers ....just so that the joy we get from 2 x, can be stolen from us.  Its is sickening!!!

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
I wholeheartedly agree with you.  Everyone looks forward to 2 x, it doesn't happen often, and when it comes along, we try to stay up late, start early, rush from work, do what we need to do quickly and move in behind our computers ....just so that the joy we get from 2 x, can be stolen from us.  Its is sickening!!!

Years ago I played a game called Everquest 2, They innovated a method to avoid KSing little punks that was quite unique. It was called "Mob Locking" where as soon as you initiated combat with a mob, it "locked" to you and no matter how much damage another player did to it, the drops and xp were yours. The only exceptions to this rule were contested raid mobs (What would equate to World Bosses here) or if you were in PK allowed mode. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to import something like this here, but it would be nice to see happen.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

LaceyPip

Years ago I played a game called Everquest 2, They innovated a method to avoid KSing little punks that was quite unique. It was called "Mob Locking" where as soon as you initiated combat with a mob, it "locked" to you and no matter how much damage another player did to it, the drops and xp were yours. The only exceptions to this rule were contested raid mobs (What would equate to World Bosses here) or if you were in PK allowed mode. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to import something like this here, but it would be nice to see happen.

That sounds excellent and I think worthwhile for Agatio and team to investigate.  Honestly, its the little things like treasure hunt that's so pleasurable to players, and we do not ask the world, we  just ask a chance to keep our drops especially during 2 X when we make an extra effort to be online because 2 x afford us the opportunity to get stuff we so desperately need, much quicker.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic

They also have this system on many other games, Final Fantasy XI being one of them as well.   Although XI's system is different in that if you die (or your party dies) the mob goes unclaimed and some random can come and kill it.  That is annoying, but PWI should've had something like this, because KSing is rampant, especially with the assholes that can be lurking here.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)