Epic Perfect World

Remove the rankings.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I would like to suggest removing the pvp rankings. They are ruining pk.

Rankings track players deaths. A common argument is that you don't have to care about them. This is true, however many people do care. As such people are now avoiding dieing and trying to score as many cheap kills as possible.

Mass pk = lots of deaths. Since the rankings appeared i've seen a significant drop in actual mass pk, the few times it does happen it's usually short or massively off-balance on numbers.

Safest way to farm kills it to gank randoms with fully buffed squads, mainly on NS.  That is most of pk right now. Fully buffed squads ganking farmers and other small groups and running away at the first sign of mass pk.

I would suggest removing rankings entirely, or at the very least getting rid of tracking deaths. It adds nothing of value to this server.
Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:09 am by Feone

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
some folks are enjoying the ranking so i vote to keep it for them.

you are right though that removing deaths from the ranking  would be a good solution.  :normal-42:
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
I agree, almost everyone including myself (especially myself) are playing like scared little girls and there's not been any decent mass pk since it was introduced due to that, most people who are high up on the rankings roll ns in groups killing farmers who more times than not are even below level 150. That's not fun for anyone, the people getting killed or the people doing it.  :normal-43:

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.
I think they should stay(atleast the kills), It gives people a way to track their kills so they know if they've done ok this month or if they barely killed anyone i know weird but yeah, i think it gives people something to look forward to everyday i know i stayed up till 1am just to see if I had risen on the ranks or not, as it is fun rising up, I went from 31 to 21 to 7 to 2 to 1 over the past 5 days since its been out, I know i gained 231 kills yesterday and that wasnt from spamming NS all day, thats from every PK area, also yesterday was the only day i haven't mass pk'd this week, mainly because i think officers were off for the most of that day and then i went out.
The only downside is people kiting SZ so they don't die as much which isnt really  aproblem just annoying for the people trying to kill the person, as well.. no ones stupid enough to just let someone killthem.
I will say before the ranking came out I didn't care about my deaths and would go through quite a few GS a day though. :normal-32:

My random opinions / thoughts.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I've personally pretty much stopped playing since they came out.

There is simply no point. Im not one to go grab a full squad to try and kill a few randoms, I prefer a challenge.  However right now no matter where at people sit in squads, all buffs, bunch of healers behind them & ganking all on sight. No point bothering to come out without an army.  Even the areas where people usually do 1v1's  are being swarmed with squads dropping by to gank people mid-fight for a few cheap kills.

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.
I'm normally always alone and self buffed, As you seen me before at NS when i was on my "round"  :normal-3:

If you were aiming at me anyway its unclear to me o_o
Who the heck cares how many times you have died lol. Its just game no need to do anything to the rankings. Have fun go kill people. Get killed by other people. Who cares.. its all in good fun.

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.
That is having fun, killing people, then checking how many you killed, so you can best it tomorrow.  :normal-1:

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Who the heck cares how many times you have died lol. Its just game no need to do anything to the rankings. Have fun go kill people. Get killed by other people. Who cares.. its all in good fun.

Have you bothered to read the post?

Enough people obviously care to make a significant impact on the style of pk on this server.

Offline Janrey

• <3 Pearlie
  • Characters: Tigas
I'm rank 67th then became rank 4. I kill all my 24 alts characters everyday. GF server.

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.
LOOOOOOOL jan wish he could pvp he kill alts to get high, he #1 pve :normal-3: :normal-3: :normal-2:

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
LOOOOOOOL jan wish he could pvp he kill alts to get high, he #1 pve :normal-3: :normal-3: :normal-2:
We all know EPW full pve ;o
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
i'm not ranked. 3 kills not enough QQ  :normal-19:
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
I've always thought they were pointless in the first place  :normal-19:. On a small server, yeah they're good, because most likely only 1v1 going on. On a server all about mass pk, it's completely pointless lol.. Only thing it's doing is putting people's ego's on the moon, and the people that are in the top spot everyone looks for them and sends squads on them. Ridiculous.
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.

Offline Tavern

• Old Player