Epic Perfect World

Moving the server!

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I am currently in process of moving the server and website to much better host.

Server will be moved after Territorial Wars, around 11 - 12 pm server time.

Voting works again:
http://epicpw.com/panel/vote.php

Server is back up! Just start the game from patcher again and it will update.

Last Edit: Apr 28, 2012, 09:55 pm by Agatio

Offline Rhelanna

I hate to say this, but I really must. The new host sucks. The lag issue with the new server is way worse. I didn't have hardly any lag on old server with 3 clients running. I could even bring on 6 clients if I had wanted to. Now just 1 client gives me way more lag then running all those clients plus google chrome browser, skype, and yahoo messenger all put together. People have been having pings of over 5k.  :(  And don't think it's everyone's computer or internet, cuz it's not. :(

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Thank you for your opinion, the new host has 10x better bandwidth and 1.5x more RAM though.

Offline Rhelanna

Well I'm telling you that people have had issues with lag since the server was moved. Before the server was moved, my ingame hubby could run 5 clients at same time with minimal lag. Now he can barely run 1. He's in Australia. A few other friends from Australia have mentioned how bad the lag is. A friend in Germany is also having issues. Plus there have been a lot of people complaining on WC about the lag. I'm afraid that if the server doesn't right itself, people with the really bad lag issues will go somewhere else.

Offline DexoDrill

Thank you for the change in server Host. Iv been having much less lag over all, however... myself and my Friend(who lives in the same town as I) Have times were we will lag to the point everything freezes to were you expect to be DCed, and then it jumps and quickly catches up. Were Both on the West Coast of Canada, But were still happy since these Spikes are no were near as Frustrating as the Lag we had before the server Host Change. :D Over all Great move!

Offline Rhelanna

Well I'm in the Pacific Northwest and have been having really bad lag the past week. Hasn't been this bad since I was on the old pc.

Offline kirya00

I also have really bad lag.. was better before.

Offline Epica

• Old Player
well i think its not server issues :/
i know someone that logs 6 accs at the same time :/

Offline Liana

• Shadow in the Dark
  • ~Sparkly Fairy~
it could also be sumthing with ur comp ... not everything falls down on the server.. the lag over all is much better for the fact i can run 3 clients but lag after a while due to my net.
Ayu~ 150 Sage Sin, Ale~ 150 Demon Veno, KinkyLove~ 150 Demon Seeker, Cosmos~ 150 Sage Mystic, KinkyAngel~ 148 Sage Cleric, MokaSan~ 145 Psy, Rosella~ 141 Wizzy, YukisKitty~ 140 Sage Barb, Niedlich~ 140 Bm

Offline Rhelanna

it could also be sumthing with ur comp ... not everything falls down on the server.. the lag over all is much better for the fact i can run 3 clients but lag after a while due to my net.

It sure the hell isn't my computer. I just built it a month ago and it runs just fine. And it is the server for it to be happening to more then 1 person. Don't give me that crap.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
Calm down...why theres a need to insult people? jesus...
just answer without insults please.

Offline Rhelanna

Actually there were no insults in that post. Just irritation.

Offline thedevilhunter

• Pff just a perv
  • Fight fire with fire

dude i don't see any insults lol

Events won: 10.
5 Gms event,5NH event,
Events lost: 0

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
i know where irritation leads to :)
so i ask to not do it before it even starts ;)

Offline Rhelanna

Not everyone has that problem. I'm old enough to be more mature then that, thank you. :)