Epic Perfect World

Guides

Offline Rhelanna

I just thought of this. It would help the GMs and everyone else out in the long run. How about if you hire on Guides for in game to help the players with questions. They wouldn't be given any GM powers or anything so no worries there. A lot of people won't even respond to others who ask questions in WC. But there are the some that will actually stop what they're doing to help people.

Offline Epica

• Old Player
thats what we alrdy do ;)
GS powa  8)

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member
Thats what the 3 people listed under support are supose to do... But Troll has been inactive lately.

Offline PandaBear

THX EPICA FOR ALL YOUR HELP YOUR THE BESt

Offline Rhelanna

There are plenty of times that I see people ask for help in WC and there's no one there to help them. So they try to get help from other players. I am in game 12-16 hours a day when I don't have to do things for family. And I have helped numerous players because there was no support around.

Offline Nexus

There are plenty of times that I see people ask for help in WC and there's no one there to help them. So they try to get help from other players. I am in game 12-16 hours a day when I don't have to do things for family. And I have helped numerous players because there was no support around.

Well one thing is on the real PWI server you never see a GM at all, although many in the game are knowledgable if you do need a question.  The other issue is being a GM really can take the fun out of a game I have been a GM/developer on a few games and servers and at first it's fun but can quickly burn you out.  It seems perfect world is very limited in what you can do as a GM as well, for events you can maybe do hide and seek and spawn bosses?  When I was a GM on WOW I was able to spawn/resize objects to create mazes and make obstacle courses, unfortunately I don't believe you can do that with PWI (correct me if I'm wrong though never been on a private server on this game before).  Not saying this server is bad because I do love it here just saying that the way the game was made there isn't as much creativity you can personalize it with and therefore it would be easier to lose interest as a GM that just has to spawn a boss, watch people kill it, and that's it.  Once again if you are able to spawn walls and such definately consider my ideas above with obstacle courses and mazes.

Offline Epica

• Old Player
let me just clarify something here, we dont need to type in wc to help people, i always do it on pms. i dnot need attention thats for 1 and second i aint gonna waste teles on wc cuz i need money for other items. since im a GS i never seen no1 compleining or missing help from me at least ;) i even help ppl to marry lol i married my own chars just to test if  it works infront of a "couple" that was having problems to marry. if u see ppl asking for help and they dont get it its cuz im in bed, working or with my family. but i can say another thing, i seen a lot of ppl asking for help in wc and when i try to help, they call me dumb ;) but i help them anyhow lol

Offline Pammy

• Old Player
I agree with Epica, we don`t need to answer in WC and trash it, that`s why there is private chat. If you don`t see us working - doesn`t mean we don`t do what we supposed to do :P We like sin`s in stealth mode - always ready to kill, oopps, I meant always ready to help  ;D

Of course not always we notice it or not always can answer, cause we are people to and sometimes we are busy, working on someone else and etc.  :)

Offline Rhelanna

*facepalm* I never said anyone had to reply on WC ffs. And Nex, I'm aware of how it is on PWI. I do my share of helping new people when noone else does it.

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
It's not always replied to in WC, they are right, I try to help people wherever I can too.

Agatio already has the support staff too, and you dont have to be a support staff to help out :)

I would also like to add if someone doesnt want to bother looking up a guide and cant get help, then its thier own fault, the guides are written so if you cant get help you have somewhere to look.

I just send people to my TM lunar guide when they ask about TM lunar, if they dont go, well then i'm not spending 10 mins explaining. So far everyone that has gone to the guide has said it has helped alot so I dont know why we should make guides redundant  :o

Offline Rhelanna

When I originally posted this, I thought that Support was there to answer questions on the forum, not in game. And when I said "There are plenty of times that I see people ask for help in WC and there's no one there to help them. So they try to get help from other players. I am in game 12-16 hours a day when I don't have to do things for family. And I have helped numerous players because there was no support around." I was referring to times when I whispered the person to see if they found help, and when they stated they hadn't, then I proceeded to help them. And that's all I was saying.  ::)

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Haha ok, well i'm not always on or watching world chat, and if someone asks for something like 'how do I do TM lunar', or 'where do I get this gear' I tell them the location, then direct them to the forum, sometimes this is not enough so I tell them to please read the forum guides, then they proceed to ask for help again. I have a faction to run and sometimes I can't take time out from what i'm doing to help lazy people, but since the point of this is answered ill stop complaining about people who want things handed too them on a silver platter haha.

Plus aren't you helping people too?  :P

Offline Rhelanna

Well yeah. When I'm not in the middle of battle anyway. :P