Epic Perfect World

Poll

Should this event be implicated?

Yes, we need more events with the new drops.
No, we already have enough events.
Maybe, with further specifications and testing.

Event Suggestion: For the Blue Names

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
So, I was chatting with a player, Drelina, about the Snake Isle races. And, somehow, along the conversation we started striking up an event idea.

They proposed an event, almost identical to the one on PWI, where every Monday an automated drop event would occur. In this event, a phoenix boss with 500M HP would drop plenty of items for the community once defeated. The drops would be picked up, and players would find the next boss.

This sounds a lot similar to both the "Hide and Seek Events" and the manual "Drop Events", but they could drop other items that neither events will (such as some of the newer drops).

This is just an idea for an event, and god knows we need more: especially with new items to be obtained. I just wanted to give you guys more to do so you're not so bored all the time. :-\

Player Suggested Specifications:
• Stress that it is indeed a free-drop event, so all players will be able to pick up the drops.
• Have it spawn two or more times throughout the day to account for multiple time zones (every six hours).
• Stress that it can and will cover European time zones! Americans always get everything.

I'll add a poll for some voting. All (mature) opinionated replies and/or specifications are welcome.

Thank you.

Malon, EPW.
Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:16 pm by Malon

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
This is a good idea but instead of the drops going to the person who killed it the drops should be a free-for-all for anyone who participated. All the drops going to one person or squad is asking for heaps of new threads about people KSing the boss.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
This is a good idea but instead of the drops going to the person who killed it the drops should be a free-for-all for anyone who participated. All the drops going to one person or squad is asking for heaps of new threads about people KSing the boss.

Great idea. I'll add it to the main post.

Offline kyandeisu

• Old Player
have it spawn like 2 or more times during the day so all timezones can participate without getting up at the crack of dawn o.o every 6 hours would be decent

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'
  • Characters: ???!?!
  • Faction: Xpendable, Artifex

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno
Realisation-r8 sage cleric
BreakNoise-r8 demon mystic

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
have it spawn like 2 or more times during the day so all timezones can participate without getting up at the crack of dawn o.o every 6 hours would be decent

Adding to the main post.

Offline Fatigue

• Glorious
  • You will never be this beautiful
+Cuccoo.

Good idea, It's fun in PWI.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
+Cuccoo.

Good idea, It's fun in PWI.

Probably the only thing that's looked forward to in PWI as well. :x

Offline Therras

• Papi.
Well, I believe there are enough event but for the Euro time zone. Server completely dies after the 03:00 AM server time.

The few Gms that are online by this hour dont stay for long, neither do events due that they are about to go sleep and it takes some time to host an event.

There is a lack of GMs and events by around 8 hours after the already mentioned time. Pvp dies, no full squad to pk = no pk. Most ppl is afraid to pk alone.

And well, most of the events are ran early at server time, even automated events so people like me, barely has the chance to enjoy an event.

So I suggest you to take into consideration the time I already mentioned to make/host some events. And make some automated ones if possible. Because it doesnt seem like any GM can cover this timezone.

Offline Fatigue

• Glorious
  • You will never be this beautiful
Probably the only thing that's looked forward to in PWI as well. :x

Its great because all levels can join in.
You should totes do some kind of GM event right now.
Preferably trivia.
(My haxxored seeker needs 2 more tokens thru ares, legion or pve/trivia events and he can get rare flyer for my BM! :D)

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
Well, I believe there are enough event but for the Euro time zone. Server completely dies after the 03:00 AM server time.

The few Gms that are online by this hour dont stay for long, neither do events due that they are about to go sleep and it takes some time to host an event.

There is a lack of GMs and events by around 8 hours after the already mentioned time. Pvp dies, no full squad to pk = no pk. Most ppl is afraid to pk alone.

And well, most of the events are ran early at server time, even automated events so people like me, barely has the chance to enjoy an event.

So I suggest you to take into consideration the time I already mentioned to make/host some events. And make some automated ones if possible. Because it doesnt seem like any GM can cover this timezone.

That's a good idea. And since I'm enjoying a summer vacation, I'll have all the hours in the world. I'll add it.

Offline Drelina

• Blurryface
  • There is a thin line between pain and pleasure.
  • Characters: Dosei
Well In the first place Malon I actually did say it is a free for all, but the player has to do dmg on the mob inorder to be able to access the drops. Putting it in different Timezones is a great Idea but it could also mean people can get to it more than once..sometimes thats not fair. But considering I only did this like twice before I quit PWI, I thought Since it was a sorta easy event to do I thought EPW could enjoy it. And also. For each event there are only about 7-8 bosses that spawn. And they spawn in random places ouside the eastern part of plum in that forest area near the starting point of archers and cleric(PWI i mean..) Like where the tiger event is. Or you could twist it up to make it less laggier and send some to each city, Including arch.

Another Thing you can ad to this is another sorta event that includes phoenix's Is this event they do aroung the three main citys. It is another drop event but on pwi it droped chi crystals.(like perfect stones and whusing stones..Idk I cant rememeber) But this event would happen like every 12 hours or something but only spawn outside one city. Like outside arch there would be these blazing phoenixs that fly and once you hit them they dart to the ground. Outside dreamweaver, there would be these taroc things.. idk how to explain them they looked like those taroc things outside silver pool. Just larger. And outside streams I dont rememeber ever going there to see what they were but I already know you guys do this rancor event out there so I wouldnt suggest putting something like this out there anyway. But I dont really know what aga will do next to break the game. But... Have a nice day.. :tiger-1: <3

Drelina
Assassin.
                Yo, I may not be your normal Chick..But I still know how to live.<3

Ty for the Avy Lacrimosa. <3

Offline Uriel

• Worms.
  • Worms.
Doesent matter if u do or dont do dmg, since every little noob can make 1 hit then pick=no matter if free for all or mobs/boss needs to recieve dmg.
I for one am constantly finding myself with nothing to do on EPW every day other than bh bq and TT sure theres plenty of events but it really is very very boring unless you pvp.. theres not much else to do so i get bored and go kill everyone in pvp..

Offline Ayleid

• Characters: Nessify, Iorveth
When you said it would cover European time zones, you won me. I can't stress this enough.

Could it be that the boss doesn't occur on one place so we wouldn't get epic lagg but in 3-4 towns?

Drelina has very good ideas.