Epic Perfect World

Barbie Video Discussion Time - DPH Barb Build

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
So someone requested to see my stats and build along with gears and I have delivered! I am hoping people find it useful to see how I build my Character although I realise it's giving my enemys some insight on me too! But if at least 1 person learns anything from this then my Video is a success. Please feel free to comment on what you think I do wrong or what you do different but don't trash talk me. Also please throw me a like on youtube!! more video lessons/discussion etc coming soon!!!

Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 08:52 pm by Barbie

Offline Barbie

• Old Player

Confederate

this was a good video for learning about stats and gear, i guess, but i checked out your 2v2 video and you made some really simple mistakes that you shouldn't be making when you're trying to help other people with a class.

granted the fact that nobody's ever 100% but, still... i would suggest learning more about every other class so you know how to not make mistakes when fighting them. just my 2c.

i could go through and tell you what you did wrong (from my perspective) but most people don't like being told things like that  ;D

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
this was a good video for learning about stats and gear, i guess, but i checked out your 2v2 video and you made some really simple mistakes that you shouldn't be making when you're trying to help other people with a class.

granted the fact that nobody's ever 100% but, still... i would suggest learning more about every other class so you know how to not make mistakes when fighting them. just my 2c.

i could go through and tell you what you did wrong (from my perspective) but most people don't like being told things like that  ;D

Oh I can tell you I did plenty of things wrong! The first thing was activating Solid Shield thinking that they wouyld attack the tank first... just not thinking there I know they will not attack me first! And I dont have any problem in you telling me what I do wrong, at the end of the day you are only helping me out, and as you said nobody is 100%. I said to Jhin that i did nothing special in that video, the opposing team were not that good and I tend to get lazy If i know thats the case. I would appreciate your feedback! IMO barbs don't have much support skills so I'm not sure what I could have used to support YWD. But as I said, I take no offence so please let me know.

EDIT - However I will point out that we won every time so thats something at least

Offline Naosu

• Boop
Fail. I just liked listening to you talk. x.x

That being said. At some point I might actually sit and watch it. When I'm home alone and won't constantly be interrupted. x.x Cause I know NOTHING about barbs. xD
What am I even doing?

Confederate

Yeah, that solid shield at the beginning made my eyes bulge out of my sockets lol. I play defensive mage so I like to bait my enemies into blowing all their defenses before I kill them, so if you had done that to me I'd have killed you so fast after it expired LOL

The real funny thing about that, though, is you can see that both the mage AND the sin were looking directly at your partner and walking toward him so you really had no reason to Solid Shield at all - you shouldn't've been worried about getting AAed because nobody was even targeting you.

But uh, after that, I'd say using Occult Ice on the sin while his Tidal was up was pretty dumb, same with using Tangling Mire. After that you had nowhere near enough genie energy to do anything so if that mage were decent and had targeted you, you'd have been dead from a simple spark combo or extreme poison + mortal reversion. At least that's what I'd do if I knew you had 21 genie energy. That mage is awful, though, so you never even had to worry about dying.

You started off round 2 by 3sparking, which seems to have been an accident because you said, "shit, lol, go, go anyway". You (again) open with Occult Ice on the sin while his Tidal is still up. After that, you proceed to Mire the mage who has Arcane Defense on and unactivated, so, you waste your genie energy by debuffing them then immediately purifying them and knocking them back. They 3spark and Fortify and you still attempt to stun over Fortify, which resists stuns.

I tried watching the 3rd round but got annoyed at how amazingly terribad that wizard is so I'll leave it at that. You don't seem to be bad, but you waste chi/genie energy for very bad reasons.

I don't play barb (nor claim to know how to) so this is just my perspective as someone who mains mage.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
welp, because of your name I always thought you were female... I should've looked at your profile.
DAT ACCENT. <3

Nice video! I knew nothing about barbs before watching this so, thanks you. c:

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
Yeah, that solid shield at the beginning made my eyes bulge out of my sockets lol. I play defensive mage so I like to bait my enemies into blowing all their defenses before I kill them, so if you had done that to me I'd have killed you so fast after it expired LOL

The real funny thing about that, though, is you can see that both the mage AND the sin were looking directly at your partner and walking toward him so you really had no reason to Solid Shield at all - you shouldn't've been worried about getting AAed because nobody was even targeting you.

But uh, after that, I'd say using Occult Ice on the sin while his Tidal was up was pretty dumb, same with using Tangling Mire. After that you had nowhere near enough genie energy to do anything so if that mage were decent and had targeted you, you'd have been dead from a simple spark combo or extreme poison + mortal reversion. At least that's what I'd do if I knew you had 21 genie energy. That mage is awful, though, so you never even had to worry about dying.

You started off round 2 by 3sparking, which seems to have been an accident because you said, "shit, lol, go, go anyway". You (again) open with Occult Ice on the sin while his Tidal is still up. After that, you proceed to Mire the mage who has Arcane Defense on and unactivated, so, you waste your genie energy by debuffing them then immediately purifying them and knocking them back. They 3spark and Fortify and you still attempt to stun over Fortify, which resists stuns.

I tried watching the 3rd round but got annoyed at how amazingly terribad that wizard is so I'll leave it at that. You don't seem to be bad, but you waste chi/genie energy for very bad reasons.

I don't play barb (nor claim to know how to) so this is just my perspective as someone who mains mage.

This is good, yes the spark was an accident i was counting down and 1 is linked to my spark so I said go anyway. I did not realise that Tidal was effective against genie skills too, but I guess it makes sense after all! I'll have to keep that in mind! As i said before solid sheild = Noobie mistake, I planned to do it before I started so it dsoesnt matter what they were going to do I would have used it anyway! This is only 1 video however and it probably me at my worst, I do not do 2v2s usually.I don't know a great deal about Wizards to understand what arcane defence looks like on the buff bar. Obviously you play wizards a lot so you see it a mile off. You can say I played bad in that video, because I did. I know I'm not a bad barb though, not because im big headed or anything but because I win a decent amount of fights fairly without using pills etc, however I can see this 2v2 video has done me no favours. I am about to upload a new one where i talk over when I'm fighting Psys, perhaps you can have a look there and see what you think? it will hopefully prove to you im not a nab after all xD Anyway sir thanks for the info, I will put this to good use
Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:53 pm by Barbie

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
welp, because of your name I always thought you were female... I should've looked at your profile.
DAT ACCENT. <3

Nice video! I knew nothing about barbs before watching this so, thanks you. c:

Oh most people do lol I never pretend I am though! Thanks for the kind comment ^.^

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
  • Not in Game for a million years!
  • Characters: Abis and more
  • Faction: DarkArms 卐
can any sage barb make a guide like this showing his/her build etc?...  i want to learn more about it(cuz i do have sage barb)..   ;)
~I'm Leader~
LVL 152 R8 Psy/Sin/Wiz/Barb/Seeker/Veno/Archer/BM/Mystic 
My Shop | Youtube

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
can any sage barb make a guide like this showing his/her build etc?...  i want to learn more about it(cuz i do have sage barb)..   ;)

Being a sage barb wont make a huge difference, its just the skill effects thats all. You may need some extra Dex due to the BB not giving 300% extra but thats it. Its the Type of build you are looking for, DPH, APS etc

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
Being a sage barb wont make a huge difference, its just the skill effects thats all. You may need some extra Dex due to the BB not giving 300% extra but thats it. Its the Type of build you are looking for, DPH, APS etc
i like DPH more since we cant go 4 aps, so you saying ill go dex build(aka claw)?
~I'm Leader~
My Shop | Youtube

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
i like DPH more since we cant go 4 aps, so you saying ill go dex build(aka claw)?

DPH means damage per hit. APS means attack per second. If you want to go 4 aps then you want an APS barb, not a DPH barb. I am a DPH barb

Confederate

long post
Arcane Defense is this: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33739

This is the icon:

It has a 25 second cooldown. It can only be activated by a regular melee attack - bows autoattack doesn't proc it, neither do class skills nor genie skills, just melee.

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
DPH means damage per hit. APS means attack per second. If you want to go 4 aps then you want an APS barb, not a DPH barb. I am a DPH barb
so what u recommend ( i said i like DPH not aps so i don't like lots of dex) and 1 question sage barb has low accuracy not like demon so how do i increase it?Dex? i'm not good at it so teach me more(not playing barb that much only tw time)
~I'm Leader~
My Shop | Youtube