Epic Perfect World

Apologies for semi nudity ....BUT

LaceyPip

I have seen (spring cleaning her room a couple of weeks ago) this image in my daughter's very early college books, this was just as it is here, just the image....and I am beyond curious to know what this means. I regard myself lucky to have found it on the internet and do not ask how I did that  >:D Any of our EPW lovelies know what the meaning behind this is please?

And thank you very much in advance

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
I have seen (spring cleaning her room a couple of weeks ago) this image in my daughter's very early college books, this was just as it is here, just the image....and I am beyond curious to know what this means. I regard myself lucky to have found it on the internet and do not ask how I did that  >:D Any of our EPW lovelies know what the meaning behind this is please?

I'm going to guess:
The person on the black sheep..is, well, the black sheep and the person not many people like?
The pile of stuff looks to be numbers, letters, and math stuff-so I'm going to guess this person is demoting math?
 :rolleyes: Probably 100% wrong.
(:

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
The man on the black sheep represents a society of reclusive individuals. The pile of symbols represents intelligence, morals, and philosophy. The action of the man urinating on the pile of symbols represents ignorance, and a disrespect of common decency. So, in summary, society today is full of ignorant, reclusive human beings with no respect for anyone or anything, including themselves.

But that's just my stab at it.  :-X

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Panda_monium

The man on the black sheep represents a society of reclusive individuals. The pile of symbols represents intelligence, morals, and philosophy. The action of the man urinating on the pile of symbols represents ignorance, and a disrespect of common decency. So, in summary, society today is full of ignorant, reclusive human beings with no respect for anyone or anything, including themselves.

this.... +9999999999999

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
somehow this reminds me of them Hang Over movies. lol  :normal-25:
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Antihero

This is what I was thinking. I can't quite figure out what the sheep would represent though.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
This is what I was thinking. I can't quite figure out what the sheep would represent though.

I think it's just there to reinforce the behavior or nature of the man standing on it.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
On a side-note, I love philosophical photography and paintings like this. You should post more in this thread, Lacey.  :smiley:

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
the black sheep (of the family)
someone who is thought to be a bad person by the rest of their family
Maybe the same way, for society?
(:

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms

Okay, so here is my take on the image.
Man. He is the most intelligent of all known creatures. Hence he rises above animals and common beings, only to prove himself a more strong and in-control and dominant species. He chants out hymns of algebra, science, geometry. He proclaims himself to be the king of God's creations and the highest knowledge holder of all known species. (the discussion given is pure symbolic)
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline Sideris

• Angie
  • Characters: Sideris | Baderis
  • Faction: Ducks
My go is that he urinates them, rather than ON them (cause of the position of the symbols at the top of the pile). The man standing on the sheep could represent the superiority of the mankind on the animals.And what makes us 'superior' to animals are our capability of speaking, writing, reasoning - which are represented by the symbols. However, he's peeing them - which is a typical animal behaviour to state dominance.
So, to sum up, man is dominant on animals due to his knowledge, but he's still slave of his instincts that make him similar to animals.
Kind of a vicious circle.

LaceyPip

On a side-note, I love philosophical photography and paintings like this. You should post more in this thread, Lacey.  :smiley:

First of all, thank you for your interesting take on this and to everyone else, and I will, now that i found that book..shhhhh lol,. will try to post more stuff like this, it is of great interest to me too.

Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 04:53 am by LaceyPip

LaceyPip

My go is that he urinates them, rather than ON them (cause of the position of the symbols at the top of the pile). The man standing on the sheep could represent the superiority of the mankind on the animals.And what makes us 'superior' to animals are our capability of speaking, writing, reasoning - which are represented by the symbols. However, he's peeing them - which is a typical animal behaviour to state dominance.
So, to sum up, man is dominant on animals due to his knowledge, but he's still slave of his instincts that make him similar to animals.
Kind of a vicious circle.

Very interesting too, thank you for sharing

LaceyPip

Okay, so here is my take on the image.
Man. He is the most intelligent of all known creatures. Hence he rises above animals and common beings, only to prove himself a more strong and in-control and dominant species. He chants out hymns of algebra, science, geometry. He proclaims himself to be the king of God's creations and the highest knowledge holder of all known species. (the discussion given is pure symbolic)

WOW I love how we all think differently yet the same