Epic Perfect World

How to update it.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
Ok, since lots of people seem to experience problems (strangely) with updating and launching EPW, this is how to do it:
1. IF you got older EPW version than v62, for instance v61 or even lower, first update it to v62.
2. After that download EPW_v63.zip, I recommend using torrent for this task, like uTorrent.
3. After you download EPW_v63.zip, extract the contents of it using program like WinRar/WinZip (same dang thing) or my personal favourite 7zip.
4. After you extract it, launch epw launcher, using launcher.exe or any other way.
5. After it launches, hit "Manual"- blue button in top left corner of "Start" button.
6. Locate the file you extracted, something like v63.cup or EPW_v63.cup
7. Wait till game updates.
8. Play the game and stop QQ'ing.
Cheers. ;)

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
And again, YOU MUST HAVE v62 TO UPDATE!!!!

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
any help on if the files are corrupted...?

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Verify files or redownload if verify didn't help.

Offline Alli

im almost done with download i just waiting 1 hour 58 mins xD

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
Make sure your game client is v62, then IF after you get it to v62 it doesnt work, redowload patch file via uTorrent, extract using 7zip, because WinRar (or WinZip, whatever) sometimes extracts badly. Try updating again. If that still doesnt work, uninstall EPW, redownload newest client, instal, and try updating again.
IF that doesnt fix it, then i suck.

Offline 🌸

• -
Verify files or redownload if verify didn't help.

I've re-downloaded and verified many times, neither have worked.

Make sure your game client is v62, then IF after you get it to v62 it doesnt work, redowload patch file via uTorrent, extract using 7zip, because WinRar (or WinZip, whatever) sometimes extracts badly. Try updating again. If that still doesnt work, uninstall EPW, redownload newest client, instal, and try updating again.
IF that doesnt fix it, then i suck.

my game is v63, i have updated but the files have corrupted causing icons to be mismatched, the map to have no image and some other random things.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran

my game is v63, i have updated but the files have corrupted causing icons to be mismatched, the map to have no image and some other random things.
Depending on your PC, I guess its because some other software is running and EPW is conflicting with it. Try to run game couple times each time turning off some programs, also make sure your firewall settings are correct.
Also I'd recommend checking graphical settings, maybe switching to windowed mode back and forth while adjusting graphical options. If nothing helps just delete EPW completely, use file shredder or something, make sure all EPW's files are completely deleted (you might wanna save screenshots though if you got good ones), then redownload newest EPW version from website, SoW patch, and then try updating.

Offline 🌸

• -
Depending on your PC, I guess its because some other software is running and EPW is conflicting with it. Try to run game couple times each time turning off some programs, also make sure your firewall settings are correct.
Also I'd recommend checking graphical settings, maybe switching to windowed mode back and forth while adjusting graphical options. If nothing helps just delete EPW completely, use file shredder or something, make sure all EPW's files are completely deleted (you might wanna save screenshots though if you got good ones), then redownload newest EPW version from website, SoW patch, and then try updating.

I already made sure i deleted EVERYTHING before downloading the client entirely again.
I always have windowed mode on, my computer wont run it in wide screen.
I doubt i have any programs conflicting that i wouldn't have known about already.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
I already made sure i deleted EVERYTHING before downloading the client entirely again.
I always have windowed mode on, my computer wont run it in wide screen.
I doubt i have any programs conflicting that i wouldn't have known about already.
Try adjusting graphics options.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran

Copy surfaces.pck from PWI client or any other SoW client.

Offline Almighty_So

• Hidden..
  • Stay Low...
Almighty_So- Sage(Sin)

Offline Almighty_So

• Hidden..
  • Stay Low...
Aga SoW is Awesome!! Good work. To all Gm's Thanks For SoW but it was hard to get . Anways It looks GOOD! 8)
Almighty_So- Sage(Sin)

Offline KissMySin

• Westeros Executor
Would be freaking nice if I didn't have to dl then unzip the damn files. I am going on over 24 hours now of trying to freaking instal version 63 and getting freaking nowhere.

Offline Sneaker

woot i am finally finished i can play now lol :tiger-15: :tiger-15: :tiger-15: