Epic Perfect World

Patch 12

Offline Curring

Honestly? I'm completely new to all the 1.4.4 stuff, i'm a retro PWer. :/

I know you can already reach -97% chan w/o the cape, but with the cape it'd be easier and I have absolutly no idea if they (PWE) put a cap on or not, but it was just a silly jibe. :P

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
Just to clarify what I was talking about.

This is what "instacast" looks like.

Other people are able to see the casting animation, but you aren't.

-99% is technically instacast, but when you reach 99% on a 1.4.4 server, you can still see a very tiny amount of your channeling and casting animation, which slows the attacks down considerably.
Last Edit: Apr 23, 2012, 01:36 am by Chum

Offline Rhelanna

And you must not see the detromental affects of this?

Ok here goes, now they can get 5 aps for a start.
Or, they could loose the HA parts which infact lowered their damage considering dags are dex based which is the reason why we never saw 4 aps sins then - no one is THAT stupid, well I hope not.
Oh and yeah, have fun playing with 5 aps BMs, while we're at it make a -6% cape and lets have a sprinkle of insta cast shall we? ^-^

Well Agatio never said he removed the aps cap did he? Because last I heard Sins and BMs were capped at 4 aps.

Offline Curring

And you must not see the detromental affects of this?

Ok here goes, now they can get 5 aps for a start.
Or, they could loose the HA parts which infact lowered their damage considering dags are dex based which is the reason why we never saw 4 aps sins then - no one is THAT stupid, well I hope not.
Oh and yeah, have fun playing with 5 aps BMs, while we're at it make a -6% cape and lets have a sprinkle of insta cast shall we? ^-^

Well Agatio never said he removed the aps cap did he? Because last I heard Sins and BMs were capped at 4 aps.

Wel tbh if they're cap'd at 4 aps then why give them this if they're already 4 aps - but still going from 3.33aps - 4aps with absolutly no damage reprocussions is stupid. Sins can already take down dragon gear'd barbs now Agatio just made it hella easier.

There are a lot of balancing issues that need to be worked out.

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
Would be nice if we could get a statement from Agatio confirming whether the "aps cap" was simply because of -int gear limitations, meaning we can see 5.0 characters now, or if it was due to a change he made in the coding.

Offline Rhelanna

Like I mentioned before. The cape could be a replacement for a Sin having to get HA to give him that extra little amount needed to hit 4 aps. If this is the case, they don't have to add all that str to wear the HA. Therehence all that extra can go into dex. My Sin has a dex build. Can't even wear HA. And won't even be able to when she hits 150. So I'll have to rely on cape and tome for the aps. But then I don't pvp so it really doesn't matter.

Offline Curring

Like I mentioned before. The cape could be a replacement for a Sin having to get HA to give him that extra little amount needed to hit 4 aps. If this is the case, they don't have to add all that str to wear the HA. Therehence all that extra can go into dex. My Sin has a dex build. Can't even wear HA. And won't even be able to when she hits 150. So I'll have to rely on cape and tome for the aps. But then I don't pvp so it really doesn't matter.

Sins needs 154 Str, HA requires 377 - do you realise how detrimental 223 LESS dex will mean? Less crit acc and evasion and most importantly, damage. The gain from Str on a sin is nothing either, all you'll get is def. THAT is the reason why there were no 4 aps sins, because the damage/acc/crit loss was far to great and the extra 1 aps did not compensate for this.

Now they can get 4 aps with NO, repeat NO damage reductions, granted very minor survivability decrease but as any good sin knows Attack>Def and when you can stunlock for maybe a min plus and have infinte chi (So to speak) and constant tripple spark and now increasing their aps? Like seriously what the hell we're you thinking, this in a way goes in par with 5.0 BMs...

You should know that APS doesn't make the sins op, but its the only thing you can nurf as you cannot nurf their chi skills stun locks and what not so you resort to the aps, make is harder to kill but nope you infact do the oposite. Have fun having a Sin/Psy/Bm server.

I want vanilla PW back - I so miss those days.

Sins needs 154 Str, HA requires 377 - do you realise how detrimental 223 LESS dex will mean? Less crit acc and evasion and most importantly, damage. The gain from Str on a sin is nothing either, all you'll get is def. THAT is the reason why there were no 4 aps sins, because the damage/acc/crit loss was far to great and the extra 1 aps did not compensate for this.

Now they can get 4 aps with NO, repeat NO damage reductions, granted very minor survivability decrease but as any good sin knows Attack>Def and when you can stunlock for maybe a min plus and have infinte chi (So to speak) and constant tripple spark and now increasing their aps? Like seriously what the hell we're you thinking, this in a way goes in par with 5.0 BMs...

You should know that APS doesn't make the sins op, but its the only thing you can nurf as you cannot nurf their chi skills stun locks and what not so you resort to the aps, make is harder to kill but nope you infact do the oposite. Have fun having a Sin/Psy/Bm server.

I want vanilla PW back - I so miss those days.

ever wonder why so many people are leaving the server? :O

Offline Curring

No idea what context this is in, be more specific? :/

All I'm sayin' is that Agatio wants the server to be balanced, this is a step backwards. A lot is needed to be done to balance all the classes and lets face it PWE made some horrible class decisions making it hard for some classes to compare and others to nurf.

No idea what context this is in, be more specific? :/

All I'm sayin' is that Agatio wants the server to be balanced, this is a step backwards. A lot is needed to be done to balance all the classes and lets face it PWE made some horrible class decisions making it hard for some classes to compare and others to nurf.
i was agreeing with your point... and people are leaving the server because its become unbalanced

Offline maniolnba

u know any more balanced server?
every private is server is like :
clers- 1% of population
wfs- so OP
barbs - useless meat
sins, phys - OP
seeker , mystic... - good joke

Offline Elu

It was balanced until the crap classes came in and even when they still were OP, they were powered up more. Probably because it's what people want to play and what's the profit of that? More people in server, more cash in the pocket. Not blaming for that, but an unhappy server is a server due to fall fast.
-Retired-

Offline maniolnba

ye must agree... loved it before tideborn, ginies.

For me it could be just 79>100 lvl skills implemented.

But more classes =  more people p(L)aying

so i think it wouldnt be so many ppl as now if we didnt make server Tideborn/Decent.

Offline Curring

i was agreeing with your point... and people are leaving the server because its become unbalanced
Ahh ok, I didn't know which bit you was reffering too.
And yes, I've seen 2-3 people leave already and a few thinking about it - might seem petty over a "simple" cape but it can and will ruin the balance.

u know any more balanced server?
every private is server is like :
clers- 1% of population
wfs- so OP
barbs - useless meat
sins, phys - OP
seeker , mystic... - good joke

Not many people like to play the support role of clerics, I sometimes do but I just hate it when your squads don't protect you.
WF USED to be op, they aren't really OP anymore.
You can't have faced a decent STR/DEX barb, trust me, they're powerfull and tanky.
Ofc, thats the way PWE made them to contend with WoW at the time, they needed something that would attact power hunger money spenders....
Seekers I will admit seem a bit underpowered
Mystics are actually rather powerful if used right (And if you're demon)

Hard to balance something that was designed to be OP, but the -int cape is completely the oposite of balancing.