Epic Perfect World

Decisions.

Offline Curring

I'm stuck in between two classes to choose to play as my main (To PvP with that is) that being Veno and Psy.
I don't know how Veno fair here I just know that they're pretty nurfed on R9 servers and such so if any expirienced veno could shed some light it'd be a big help. (I'd be a demon Veno btw)

Or Psy...

I'd just like peoples opinions, I usually play Archer, Cleric or Wiz but I want something diferent for a change, something that is challenging, fun and deadly. xD

Also is it true that Psy might be getting their own armour in the future? If thats the case i'd rather not play Psy because I was planning on getting the 150 set and use it on my Cleric too.

Thanks for reading. :p

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
  • *lalalala* Sins are OP *lalalala*
It really depends on your play style. Venos are awesome for group pks. You can't beat that purge/amp/nova venos are able to do. I haven't played a Veno myself but they're annoying as hell in group pks. 1v1s? They'll excel against certain classes but will be at a disadvantage to others. Much the same as all the other classes (cept for barbs ???)

Psychics are completely OP in general with their soulforce. Not many classes are able to take one down without them getting silenced right before a hit that would kill that psy, even with willsurge. However, Agatio did have plans to nerf their soulforce so their silence won't proc as much and their stuns won't last as long (12 seconds say whaat?)

Anywho, try out both and see what you like. Both classes have their uses.
Zaibeast - 150 Demon Barbarian
Dynasti - 150 Demon Archer
Peekabooo - 150 Demon Assassin
Peekabam - 150 Sage Psychic

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't seen many venos since the patch. Their Myriad Rainbow fox/human are just OP as hell.

Run up to someone in fox > Myriad fox > Stand up > Myriad Human > 1 or 2 shot someone if you got mind break.

Offline Curring

It really depends on your play style. Venos are awesome for group pks. You can't beat that purge/amp/nova venos are able to do. I haven't played a Veno myself but they're annoying as hell in group pks. 1v1s? They'll excel against certain classes but will be at a disadvantage to others. Much the same as all the other classes (cept for barbs ???)

Psychics are completely OP in general with their soulforce. Not many classes are able to take one down without them getting silenced right before a hit that would kill that psy, even with willsurge. However, Agatio did have plans to nerf their soulforce so their silence won't proc as much and their stuns won't last as long (12 seconds say whaat?)

Well I decided to scrap Psy, never liked playing the obvious OP class.

So instead i'm going to play veno and a mystic - I just want to have fun and start from scratch.
I've played on 1.3.6 servers for far to long and the last time I played PWI was before they had 79 skills so really the new skills/genies and classes are all new to me, so i'm going to go back to square one and learn everything that way, feel like a noob again. xD

I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't seen many venos since the patch. Their Myriad Rainbow fox/human are just OP as hell.

Run up to someone in fox > Myriad fox > Stand up > Myriad Human > 1 or 2 shot someone if you got mind break.

I expected a fair few but I've only seen one and they weren't pking. :(

Thanks for the replys. :)

Offline Elu

Well I decided to scrap Psy, never liked playing the obvious OP class.

So instead i'm going to play veno and a mystic - I just want to have fun and start from scratch.
I've played on 1.3.6 servers for far to long and the last time I played PWI was before they had 79 skills so really the new skills/genies and classes are all new to me, so i'm going to go back to square one and learn everything that way, feel like a noob again. xD

I expected a fair few but I've only seen one and they weren't pking. :(

Thanks for the replys. :)

1. It isn't as fun as it might sound, I'm old school PW player too and it was frustrating to adapt to all these stuff. But it isn't too bad I guess.

2. All the ones that PK'ed were banned  for hacking/botting/being assholes, the ones left barely PK or are playing other classes or quit, so would be refreshing to see new ones, go for it. Don't hack/be an asshole. :P
-Retired-

Offline Curring

1. It isn't as fun as it might sound, I'm old school PW player too and it was frustrating to adapt to all these stuff. But it isn't too bad I guess.

2. All the ones that PK'ed were banned  for hacking/botting/being assholes, the ones left barely PK or are playing other classes or quit, so would be refreshing to see new ones, go for it. Don't hack/be an asshole. :P

I know, I'm finding it fustrating with my Wiz because I'm that used to playing w/o 79 skills and genies that I just get baffled by it all. So I though if I play a class I haven't played in a very long time or not at all that it might help.

Do you mean all those that were playing Mystic/Veno were hacking? And no, I've never hacked nor will I ever, if anything I hunt down the hackers and I try not to be an asshole generally friendly. xD

Offline Elu

I know, I'm finding it fustrating with my Wiz because I'm that used to playing w/o 79 skills and genies that I just get baffled by it all. So I though if I play a class I haven't played in a very long time or not at all that it might help.

Do you mean all those that were playing Mystic/Veno were hacking? And no, I've never hacked nor will I ever, if anything I hunt down the hackers and I try not to be an asshole generally friendly. xD

Well, few Venos did. Haven't heard of any Psy, like they would need it anyway haha. And that's awesome! Kinda made my sub-hobby here to hunt down botters/hackers, you can be my wingman. :D
-Retired-