Epic Perfect World

Poll

Would you like to have a double skill damage NPC at the event?

Yes.
20 (64.5%)
No.
6 (19.4%)
Maybe.
5 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Ares event double damage npc

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
Lol! I did that too! When it best performance was on, Anything was barely moving! I turned it off only to get a show of lights!
P.S. Before any of you complain that it's my computer's fault that it can't take the load, let me tell you, I have a quad core processor with 8GB RAM and a GTX 660!
So, it was mainly due to the massive amount of people that went in to do the Ares at that time!  :rolleyes:

if it's not your PC then it could be your internet connection.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
if it's not your PC then it could be your internet connection.
^^Most probably! But, it was fun! I did the Ares for the first time! It was kinda crazy with so many people but it was fun! :)
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

dickroman

ya thats just abusing the event. They should extend the aoe range  >:D

so? afkers dead, when ares is dead they use res scroll and u didnt do anything bout event, gg

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
so? afkers dead, when ares is dead they use res scroll and u didnt do anything bout event, gg
they can always make deaths insta kick.uch like ns

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Exactly, the lag is a nightmare in ares and why? Because there are so, so many afkers  in there contributing nothing but lag to the ones that do the work.

LaceyPip

Exactly, the lag is a nightmare in ares and why? Because there are so, so many afkers  in there contributing nothing but lag to the ones that do the work.

I noticed that .... thought it could be the alts of those that are fighting the boss

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
No to double damage npc, in regard to the afk'ers, perhaps they are having issue with the HUGE lag inside the event. I have a top quality gamer machine, yet inside Ares, I have a myriad of issues in regard to performance, in some cases I will DC. This means I must tele out , which drops me in Lost, re enter the instance, to Collect reward at NPC, but sadly, he is already gone by the time I do . So I end up having to either afk, during yet another ares kill for npc to spawn , or try to get in a squad again, and help kill twice ......so if I'm afk, it's cuz I'm black screened, or forced to enter AGAIN cuz npc is GONE. Dunno what can be done to fix this event, it's alot of fun, but even with adjustments in graphics, can be a pain in the bum. BEST PERFORMANCE , turn of effects, and drop distances, looks crappy but helps a little .
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
The main reason why I suggested this is to prevent flooding (mostly by the alts), one way or another people will do the event on their alts. This way it will just increase the speed flow :/

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
The main reason why I suggested this is to prevent flooding (mostly by the alts), one way or another people will do the event on their alts. This way it will just increase the speed flow :/
Increasing the speed flow would just make the event easier tho.

they can always make deaths insta kick.uch like ns
That could work, Would make the use of squads more due to healers.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
I'd rather like to see something done about the people afking in the instance.

I would, too. This is the only issue I really see with this event. Maybe a time-out timer on activity if it is possible.

And when time does become an issue, like when TW is in 5 minutes, and you've been in the Ares Event for an hour with him at half HP, most of the time a quick PM to a GM will do the trick.  Or at least I always help out when I can. :-\

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
You will not be able to solve the afkers problem without implementing a system that is impossible to add to pw as everything that could affect afkers will affect those with major fps drop.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I think a GM popping in every now and then and banning all the characters that don't move for a long time would work just fine.

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
I think a GM popping in every now and then and banning all the characters that don't move for a long time would work just fine.
Banning them is a little extreme especially since they aren't breaking any rules, but maybe teleporting them out will get the message across.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
A rule could always be added. The afkers cause most of the lag in there while contributing nothing, it's already a very boring event that's only done because of the great reward and the lag doesn't exactly help.

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
I think this would be an awesome idea. Ares is a weekly event, it's not like you have to call a squad to help with it, or w/e. People come in between certain times whoever wants it. I don't think it would downgrade the purpose of a the event. As for the afk'ers even I've been guilty of bringing my alts in, but I have to agree, the afk'ers are kinda annoying considering I know for a fact not all of them are alts. However, a GM having to take time out of their day to come ban whoever's afk is a bit much. Not only for the fact of that's annoying having to watch each player, but what if someone had to go afk for 3 minutes? People have life outside of this game. Kids, school, work, ect. I know some people feel "Don't play if you have to afk" I only agree with this if you have to keep afk'ing every 5 minutes for 30 minutes. If there's a way to solve the afk problem would be awesome, but at the same time, it's not that big a deal to me. More important things that can be focused on  :rolleyes: . But +1 to the blessing of the God's idea. Later in the day when some people are just able to get on it can be annoying trying to kill that boss, because most are done on their alts. It'll still be annoying with blessing of the God's, but less annoying. I don't think it'll take away from anything. I know to most people events are suppose to be "challenging" but this is a weekly event with 1 boss that respawns ever so often where whoever on the server wants to come can come get. Not a find the boss kind of thing GM's do now and then. 
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.