Epic Perfect World

Voting Timer Via Acc vs. IP

Offline Chibbi

• Was a pleasure
  • Characters: Chibbi
I had looked all through the Suggestion and Support boards and haven't found anything that asks this.  As this is both for Support and a Suggestion I'll post it here.

Both my sister and I share an IP.  I had asked a GM in game about why, after well over 6 hours, was the timer on my account still at 5hrs.  That was when I learned that the timer was set to per IP.  I was also told that there was nothing he/she could do.  Now that I know this, my sister and I have to share the times allowed to vote.

That was the Support end.  The Suggestion is this:

I've seen other private servers set to timer per account as opposed to per IP.  Is there a way to do this here?

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
I had looked all through the Suggestion and Support boards and haven't found anything that asks this.  As this is both for Support and a Suggestion I'll post it here.

Both my sister and I share an IP.  I had asked a GM in game about why, after well over 6 hours, was the timer on my account still at 5hrs.  That was when I learned that the timer was set to per IP.  I was also told that there was nothing he/she could do.  Now that I know this, my sister and I have to share the times allowed to vote.

That was the Support end.  The Suggestion is this:

I've seen other private servers set to timer per account as opposed to per IP.  Is there a way to do this here?
I would definitely agree to this (I know 2ppl who share)..but..
The thing is, you can make an endless number of accounts on one email. So then you could endlessly acquire 1.5g every 6 hrs on each account..
Even if you limit to 1 acc per email, it's inconvenient to make so many emails.
And you can make tons of other emails, there's even programs out there that do it for you.

I :-X It wouldn't really work out if it was per account.
You could try per computer or something if you can trace those ( i dunno!) but some people share computers as well..so.. :rolleyes: it also wouldn't work well.
(:

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
There is a way to do it, but it won't raise number of votes
that "xtremetop100.com" and "gtop100.com" sites will register.
THEY limit what they count, not the Epic.

(And the main purpose for getting Gold is to stimulate voting.)

Those sites will only get the chance to introduce some
penalties for vote spamming, and Epic might "get hurt"
on their rank lists.

I don't think those sites will do it, but I wouldn't try.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
It was suggested before on a similar thread that the votes be logged by mac address and not I.P. Mac addresses go by per computer. Voting activity is logged so if someone votes from two computers within the six hour time span they should be banned for it and this should be a good counter to the problem.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
It was suggested before on a similar thread that the votes be logged by mac address and not I.P. Mac addresses go by per computer. Voting activity is logged so if someone votes from two computers within the six hour time span they should be banned for it and this should be a good counter to the problem.

Ok, tell that to "gtop100" and "xtremetop100" sites.
They count votes, not Epic.

Epic just made script to comply with them.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Antihero

logged by mac address

Uh, no. The day a game server gains and applies the ability to track information that personal is the day I'm off and up out. That's an offense right up the ranks of not hashing the login information of players, something one network *cough in particular *cough*DragonNetwork*cough* was known to do.

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
if you can, just vote from your mobile device and place a 6hour timer on your mobile or pc. This is what I do when im out of town and cant vote from a computer.. It should be within the rules sense its not abusing the 6hour limit.I also recall a gm stating to do this for other people with the same issue.   :-\

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
Well, that kinda should be done, but then, people would make a hundred accounts to just vote you know! So, it would just be resulting in vote spamming!  :rolleyes:
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?