Epic Perfect World

More variety of gear.

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'
  • Characters: ???!?!
  • Faction: Xpendable, Artifex
I know it would take a lot of work, however I'd like to see it so that there was a bigger variety of armor and weapons for each class. Let me explain further so it's not misunderstood.

Weapon-wise:
There are plenty of weapon types in epw that aren't used, for example barbs and blademasters don't have the option to use hammers, polehammers, etc; The types of swords are also restricted to only long swords, while there are blades dual blades and so on. So it'd be kinda cool to see more of each category of weapon along with the appropriate stat and damage range. <- ( for example, barb poleaxes and dual axes have the same damage range and stats with the major exception of the increase in interval ). Also, for venomancers and archers the pataka and crossbow respectively have been altered for a different play style, however now these weapons can only be used for that play style. Patakas, for heavy build, but yet it seems the damage range for patakas in incorrect as it should have high spike damage yet low minimal damage. Yet the dragon glaive hits harder than the pataka's magical and physical damage.
As for crossbows, they make sense for channeling archers, yet before the crossbow was edited for channeling, it had interval; and I'd think that some demon archers would prefer that over channeling.

Armor/Accessory-wise: Having different sets of armor and accessories with different stats that can suit each individual player would possibly re-vamp pvp in a sense and reduce the redundancy of the similarity of gear among players. For example ( and only an example, so that you all my see my point )
Multiple types of dragon ( or whatever kind of accessory ) necklaces and belts that offer different advantages to every class. So there could be a necklace that offers a little more physical protection with it's additional stats at the cost of maybe extra magic stats, or vice versa: a necklace that doesn't offer as much protection with it's additional stats yet gives more magic, allowing for a magic class to be a little more survivable or better damage dealing at the cost of being squisher.
And for the physical classes, maybe ornaments that give different stats each to allow players to personalize their character. Example, not every class wants channeling on their ornaments. So being able to have a channeling set ( as there is now ) for maybe blademasters that prefer the faster channeling for stunlocking, or ornaments with better defenses, hp, or whatever else that could be thought up. Same with rings: move around a few stats, and depending on the usefulness of the stat, it could decently affect a person's play style.

So..yeah pretty much. I feel that a few of these ideas would just make things a little different and interesting; seeing personal mixes of armor with different weapons/proper damage ranges would bring some more fun. Again I know there's plenty of balancing to be done in the above cases, but it's not impossible. xD

I'd like to get some feedback on these thoughts, if you know you're just going to post to start flaming, don't even bother.

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno
Realisation-r8 sage cleric
BreakNoise-r8 demon mystic

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Not a bad idea but hard to implement. Especially seeing how attack and defense level are many, many times more effective than any sort of other stat. They effectively render pretty much everything else useless.  These variations in stats would barely be noticable with the medium to high amounts of atk & deflvl on the server. All of these items would need attack and deflvl addons similar to warsong/cube/dragonchild/r8r to be of any use.

LaceyPip

Armor/Accessory-wise: Having different sets of armor and accessories with different stats that can suit each individual player would possibly re-vamp pvp in a sense and reduce the redundancy of the similarity of gear among players. For example ( and only an example, so that you all my see my point )

This always intrigued me ....what if there were lots of choices for players to individualize their gear according to their game play ...it would be very interesting to see.  Just my opinion.

Offline Vookie

• New account: CookieVookie
100% agree and I think LOTS OF ppl would like to have bigger variety of gears
new account: CookieVookie

Offline Kizza

Its a good idea but it would take alot of work to actually do this also gotta consider some classes may get the edge still depending on the gear 

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I find in just about every single game with a fixed set of classes, regardless of how many sets there are, there will always be a "best" set that 95% or more of the players will use.