Epic Perfect World

Money sink?

Offline Claciusvile

• That random wizard.
So just out of curiousity....will there be like any ideas for some new money sink in the game?

because right now, there isn't really much you can do with coin once you get to end game status (what I mean from end game status...I mean....dragon gear sharded, lvl 7 tome, all skills that you need for your class...you know...the good stuff). I mean you could create an alt and feed that the coin...but that is usually only for some people I guess?

Coin right now for me is like...only used for charms...rarely fashion...and the occasional bunch of teles. You got PV and GV which give a ton of coin but once you got everything with coin...your just sitting on it....juggling with the bags of coins thinking 'hmmmm, who to throw this at'.

Also when you said in your patch notes and I quote

Epic Coins are now tradeable, prices on items in Events Forge increased due to this fact, also because more daily quests and events are being implemented soon

Will these events be on a regular basics like lets say the rancors....or something completely different (Like the events built in now....like celestial tiger event on Monday, dragon temple on Tuesday...etc. etc.)

Oh before you ask why I run PV and GV....

I run PV because I get SUPER BORED....and waiting around doing nothing isn't really something I wanna be doing.

And GV...well...Epic Coin does help...but when people ask me to help, I tend to help if I can.

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
I agree for most players late game there are not really any money sinks but as a faction leader with a base its a massive money sink, so I'm constantly pumping money into it.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Will these events be on a regular basics like lets say the rancors....
yeah, they are going to be added like it was before, hopefully soon ;))

Offline Curring

Ok so you've identified the problem and a possible solution, but, what would you propose for the money sink?
Everything is relativly easy to get, we'd probs need some coin based items.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
me? i'm listening to your ideas =)

Offline Claciusvile

• That random wizard.
At the moment, I have no ideas lmao ><

was just curious on what people had in mind for it. I'll see what I can think of as a gold sink. Usually I like to identify problems....but never find a way to actually....propose ideas for the problem.

also....hurray for rancors :)
Last Edit: Apr 16, 2012, 06:46 pm by Claciusvile

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
money sink? how bout an NPC where you can trade 100 MILLION coin per 10 EC. Some people choose to farm coin rather than attend events so this would balance out the game a bit.

I stopped playing because without being only 16 hours a day there is no way to attend the events and level and farm for gear and help people and all the other stuff the game entails so I only have 84 epic coin and thats from my old EC trading into the new ones. Although I do cave grind and am currently sitting on billions of useless coin and nothing to do with it....not only on Dark but several of my alts have the same amount.
Your greatest enemy is your own ego

Offline Claciusvile

• That random wizard.
See I was thinking exchanging coins for EC at first...but didn't really think on the exchange rate of it. 100 mil for 10 EC is a fairly decent exchange rate. Im not too sure on how other people will feel about this...but the people looking to buy EC with coin...its pretty good as alot of people want EC and are not willing to sell it.

Offline xahtik

money sinks are an ok idea but then ur looking at losing the donations, which if you truely enjoy the server u wouldnt want that, or u have to make items that are donation based and the only way to get them are by donating, then u get the issue of a donater based game. not only that but then end game comes too quick and the game becomes boring for everyone. as it stands most things are farmable they just take time to get, ec can be farmed in PV from the bosses and u can make 600 in about 4 days and thats even if u cant play but a few hours a day. then agatio is talking about more events rewarding EC which is only going to make it that much easier to get.
money sink? how bout an NPC where you can trade 100 MILLION coin per 10 EC. Some people choose to farm coin rather than attend events so this would balance out the game a bit.

I stopped playing because without being only 16 hours a day there is no way to attend the events and level and farm for gear and help people and all the other stuff the game entails so I only have 84 epic coin and thats from my old EC trading into the new ones. Although I do cave grind and am currently sitting on billions of useless coin and nothing to do with it....not only on Dark but several of my alts have the same amount.

if ur cave grinding are u not doing pv or you BH?
u can get 20 ec from bh alone and if ur lucky and get a blue or purple quest from the divine order u can get 50-100 ec for that