Epic Perfect World

Barb Blessing

TeaBag

Yes I've read the thread similar to this but it wasn't good enough.

Barb's need better elemental defense. +10% Elemental defense blessing should be given to barbs. Yes we have a lot of hp but come on, it don't matter much when we're getting hit for about 15k to 17k crits by mgs psychics n mystics n eps. I know this because I've been paying attention to it and also had people from these classes hit me. We're squishy. Barbs are like paper on this server, sure we can spam invoke and all that but that only last for so long. I ain't talking about fire combo's from mages either. Even with rank 8 recast and having elemental defense percentage reduction on it we sacrifice damage. Veno's can tank better than barbs on this server. What's up with that? So please take this into consideration. This is about barbs, no other class, all the other classes seem fine in my own opinion. Thanks. 

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life
Paper is ok
Nerf Rock

Regards: Scissors

TeaBag

If we nerf rock than people will complain. I think this way is more simple.
pls buy dragon acc's, use ur skills and genie solid shield and stop QQ already. ty.
P.S. barbs are good as they are and if u say that barbs cant tank, it means only that u lacking skills in playing with this class.

Offline iAmLegend

Yeah, Barbs are paper.. lol xD if barbs are paper, what about other classes?
Sage R8 Seeker - 150
Demon R8 Assassin - 150
Sage R8 Archer - 150
Demon Wizard - 150
Sage Cleric - 150
Demon Barbarian - 150

TeaBag

pls buy dragon acc's, use ur skills and genie solid shield and stop QQ already. ty.
P.S. barbs are good as they are and if u say that barbs cant tank, it means only that u lacking skills in playing with this class.

I've played a barb for around 3 years. I know how to play one. Clearly you haven't played a barb on here. If you have than you would know what I am talking about. I have elemental defense adorns that are dragon thank you very much. P.S. Learn to type better. Thank you.

@
iAmLegend, like I stated other classes seem fine to me, from what I've witnessed.

Offline iAmLegend

Other players are being hit by mages more than the damage you receive on your barb, and they don't complain about it. ijs..
Sage R8 Seeker - 150
Demon R8 Assassin - 150
Sage R8 Archer - 150
Demon Wizard - 150
Sage Cleric - 150
Demon Barbarian - 150

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
Speaking as a barb I don't think that Barbs need any blessings. From my understanding, blessings were introduced to bring balance to some classes however a Barb is already nicely balanced. Yes they are weak against magic classes, that's because of their uber high physical defence, you cant be good against everyone. By adding elemental defence to a barb, you make him stronger against all class types and this is simply imbalance. You got crit 15k to 17 by magic? That's ok because i can 19k crit most magic classes or sins with a single regular attack (serk crit ofc) and that's excluding sparks and genie skills. Mages usually hit me a little harder say 25k however the hardest i have been hit is 72k by a seeker. As much as I would love to be OP against everyone in the game this is simply just not going to happen, we already got a +5 defence level increase I'm suprised there is no QQing about that. You said you already know how to play barb so that's fine GL sir, but to all others who struggle against magic classes here are a few tips:

1. Buy 2 sets of dragon accessorys; 1 phys set and 1 magic set. The magic set will double your elemental defence from the phys set. Keep them in your shortcut bar and change them over whenever you are expecting a fight.

2. Learn genie skills to prevent elemental damage. You can get Soul of fire to protect against wiz fire combo. Heart of metal to defend against seeker full metal nuke combo and you can even get the wood one (I forget its name) to defend against mystics and even barbs (Yes thats right barbs)

3. Once you are well off enough to get cube and demonchild choose elemental demonchild and phys cube: this is because phys cube adds 5% phys resistance which is not going to help against magic classes. However if youre really rich get both cubes and both demon scales :o

*In summary, barb blessings will not happen. Not because I don't want them to (Because I would wuurve a blessing) but because it would imbalance the classes and everyone would go make a barb :o
Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 08:42 pm by Barbie

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life
And if your just into for pure tanking wear Elemental Rings (ofc this will have huge effect on your offense ability).

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
Yeah, Barbs are paper.. lol xD if barbs are paper, what about other classes?

If barbs are paper then other classes are effing tissue >.>
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.

TeaBag

Speaking as a barb I don't think that Barbs need any blessings. From my understanding, blessings were introduced to bring balance to some classes however a Barb is already nicely balanced. Yes they are weak against magic classes, that's because of their uber high physical defence, you cant be good against everyone. By adding elemental defence to a barb, you make him stronger against all class types and this is simply imbalance. You got crit 15k to 17 by magic? That's ok because i can 19k crit most magic classes or sins with a single regular attack (serk crit ofc) and that's excluding sparks and genie skills. Mages usually hit me a little harder say 25k however the hardest i have been hit is 72k by a seeker. As much as I would love to be OP against everyone in the game this is simply just not going to happen, we already got a +5 defence level increase I'm suprised there is no QQing about that. You said you already know how to play barb so that's fine GL sir, but to all others who struggle against magic classes here are a few tips:

1. Buy 2 sets of dragon accessorys; 1 phys set and 1 magic set. The magic set will double your elemental defence from the phys set. Keep them in your shortcut bar and change them over whenever you are expecting a fight.

2. Learn genie skills to prevent elemental damage. You can get Soul of fire to protect against wiz fire combo. Heart of metal to defend against seeker full metal nuke combo and you can even get the wood one (I forget its name) to defend against mystics and even barbs (Yes thats right barbs)

3. Once you are well off enough to get cube and demonchild choose elemental demonchild and phys cube: this is because phys cube adds 5% phys resistance which is not going to help against magic classes. However if youre really rich get both cubes and both demon scales :o

*In summary, barb blessings will not happen. Not because I don't want them to (Because I would wuurve a blessing) but because it would imbalance the classes and everyone would go make a barb :o

19k crit on a magic class? Was it a lvl 110 mage you hit? Or was this mage not self buffed? Highest I've hit a mage class that had r8r with good stats was probably around 6k I think. Highest I've been hit was 62k mage who 3 sparked on me. You talk about imbalance by adding this type of blessing for a barb, I don't see how, when veno's have+10% physical defense. They can tank better than some barbs. Barb's aren't OP on this server. If you really think that than you must pk people who are more under geared than you. o.o

TeaBag

If barbs are paper then other classes are effing tissue >.>

I'm sorry what? LOL

TeaBag

http://oi42.tinypic.com/bia0s9.jpg

This is a mage in my guild, he is self buffed, he used undine and then used gush on me and just hit me 12k non crit. I hit him 9k with tangling mire and demon penetrate armor. The 9k was a zerk crit. Yeah, barbs are def op on this server.  :shocked:

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
http://oi42.tinypic.com/bia0s9.jpg

This is a mage in my guild, he is self buffed, he used undine and then used gush on me and just hit me 12k non crit. I hit him 9k with tangling mire and demon penetrate armor. The 9k was a zerk crit. Yeah, barbs are def op on this server.  :shocked:

Does Demon Penetrate Armor work well on AA,
or it's designed against HA (melee)?

Thanks in advance for kind answers.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
19k crit on a magic class? Was it a lvl 110 mage you hit? Or was this mage not self buffed? Highest I've hit a mage class that had r8r with good stats was probably around 6k I think. Highest I've been hit was 62k mage who 3 sparked on me. You talk about imbalance by adding this type of blessing for a barb, I don't see how, when veno's have+10% physical defense. They can tank better than some barbs. Barb's aren't OP on this server. If you really think that than you must pk people who are more under geared than you. o.o

No they were 150 r8 and 150 dragon it's very rare I will intentionally kill ppl lower than me. If I pk over the next few nights I'll see if I can get some screen shots for you. I don't lie about this stuff. I will once again point out that these were zerk crits. Barbs can easily be high powered, most of the time I can beat r8 mages, I won't try act all big and hard though, I've taken some thrashings over the years but barbs can kill just using regular hits, quite easily too. Perhaps the term op is the wrong one to use, what I mean is they are high attack powered, high hp and physically tanky. Making them more tanky to mages leaves little weakness left in them whatsoever.