Epic Perfect World

Recruitement NPC

Offline Aujami

• Old Player
Could a GM maybe put 1 immune NPC with the name of faction website at their AFK spot? think that would be nice to have to help recruites  :D

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
Too much effort and we dont really want to be flooded be npcs considering the amount of guilds in server.  :normal-18:

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
Too much effort and we dont really want to be flooded be npcs considering the amount of guilds in server.  :normal-18:

^ This.

Offline Aujami

• Old Player
the guilds that do daily recruites not even 10 on this server. and i already mentioned AT THEIR AFK SPOT. i don't recall 3 guilds having same afk spot  :-\ so saying that map gonna be floaded with those npc does not make sense.
and where the affort on spwning 1 npc and leave it there? does not even take 30 sec to do.

Hei

I'd say this is a good idea xD But then again, there is no reason why people would go to a random town where the guild goes afk... Unless the guilds position themselves around archosaur (but not west, there is enough lag in there)

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
and how does one claim to own a spot as their faction's afk spot ?

this can easily stir up unnecessary  drama...

i.e if i get few of my guildies to go afk at the same spot where some GMs and Oblivion goes afk, i can call that as my factions afk spot ?

also if this is implemented, there will be more than 10 factions that would want their own afk spot npc . which will become a tedious task, also there is no point to this :S .. if your world chat recruitment spamming's not working for your fac. then a npc will make no difference ..
Last Edit: Apr 23, 2013, 08:07 am by SHINIGAMI
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline ★Elyo★

• (●_●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿ '̿ ̿
Thats wrong, if a guild will have it all other will want that ther guild to be promoted too, so imo this ideea sux! I mean why you should you have your guild promoted and mine no? ...  :tiger-17: get some loyal exe and members and you can promote it by yourself.

~TheLegend

Dont click it, he bites ... :>
Hate remains the most sincere feeling so far.

• Char: TheLegend (150 Mystic)
  • Char: iPvpLoLz (135+ Assassin)

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
Furthermore, who says anyone gets to claim an AFK spot? That spot is for anyone who walks on it

Offline Muffin

• Moderated
  • Papi
There will always be more guilds coming, and more guilds dieing.
So they would have to add and remove NPCs all the time. Just nooopeee.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
It's like shops. Better position, more recruits.
And at guild's afk spot usually stand people that
are recruited already.

Which guild will claim right for better position?

Another question: how to stop few douchebags
that are kicked off guild to apply (troll) again?
Or how to prevent other trolls from applying
and then leaving every hour or so?

More questions: good player wants to apply,
but bunch of average ones already filled all
200 spots in the guild? Or how to customize
that NPC to accept only 130+ for one guild,
140+ for another, no sins for third, or, say,
"barbs 140+, sins 148+, others 145+" for
fourth?

As you can see, it's not "only 30 secs of effort".
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

vlntbty

Agreed....

and how does one claim to own a spot as their faction's afk spot ?

this can easily stir up unnecessary  drama...

i.e if i get few of my guildies to go afk at the same spot where some GMs and Oblivion goes afk, i can call that as my factions afk spot ?

also if this is implemented, there will be more than 10 factions that would want their own afk spot npc . which will become a tedious task, also there is no point to this :S .. if your world chat recruitment spamming's not working for your fac. then a npc will make no difference ..

Offline Muffin

• Moderated
  • Papi
Maybe if you add one NPC for all guilds, and then there's a quest/tab for each, where you can read requirements and shit.

Offline czeraki

• BE THE BEST
  • New here since the accident
I agree to what muffin said, like it would be easier to interact and no confusing to some bulls!#t

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
Maybe if you add one NPC for all guilds, and then there's a quest/tab for each, where you can read requirements and shit.

Active Factions change their Requirement details every week,  (i.e. sins closed this week, but next week they maybe recruiting 1 or 2 .. and then close again the week after .. and so on)  which isn't that much work when there's 5 or so factions .. but if this is implemented there will be atleast 20+ factions (based on the guild directory on the forum) that would want their fac. details listed and updated regularly, which will be a tedious task ..

anyways.. the forum, guild directory already serves the purpose this is intended for. Also, as i've said before, if you're faction's wc spam recruitment messages and what not's not working for your fac. then an NPC will make no difference.
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline StarLily

An added NPC is not even needed  each faction has a site they can get recruits that way  asking for the EPW staff to  make a npc for them is sheer lazyness and would take a lot of work to accomplish something that is not even needed.  More work on fixes to current problems and updateing the server to current PWI versions would be time better spent for them imo.  If someone wants to join a particular faction they can PM a member for their site. Lets not give EPW more work then they already have.