Epic Perfect World

Rings.

Offline Benji

I think it's a bad idea, I mean I use magic rings on my barbs as well cuz in GV I need every piece of mag def but with those I lose 100% accuracy which is a reasonable trade, more surviveability for less damage (hit).

So DON'T KILL MY BARB >D
Get rings down to skill bar,you can change mag-phy in a sec by need.

dickroman

You owe me 10 seconds of my life that i wasted reading your post  :normal-5:

sry, no refunding

Offline Ɗҽʂιɠɳҽɾ

• Perma
  • Banned
agatio bann this person which open this thread  , he have not good brain

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
What has loosing accuracy to do with fighting vs magic classes? Why barbs and bms are really annoyed by this topic? Why you think a guy called Insanity can survive more than others? The answer is: the magic rings used by a bm or a barb, or even a seeker put the game off-balance. It is similar to adding 10k hp to someone. Do you also think that adding 10k hp makes no difference?
A bm that can survive more than all the others in a mass pvp and runs around and stuns everyone totally shifts the pvp balance; it is comparable to op clerics that fly around, heal 9 people and can not be killed. Dying is a part of the game, playing fair is another part that some people can not accept.
We all know how the pwi community is: will abuse every bug in the game in order to gain an advantage:)

vlntbty

Just because someone wears certain gear or doesn't, does not mean they will be invincible. It does take a bit of know-how to play as well. Someone might have uberly awesome gear, but if they don't know how to use that WITH skill, it's useless.

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
EvilTouch is a game master :)
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Anima

Hmmm..... well useless topic in my opinion and is not all about gear in the epw pvp, even if some have op r8 gear a skilled player can handle it and if you think Insanity tank and play well only because he have good gear go an 1v1 him only whit dragon i am sure he will accept and after that talk about him.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Funny how almost all the people disagreeing with this suggestion either just type an insult or something unrelated.

Hmmm..... well useless topic in my opinion and is not all about gear in the epw pvp, even if some have op r8 gear a skilled player can handle it and if you think Insanity tank and play well only because he have good gear go an 1v1 him only whit dragon i am sure he will accept and after that talk about him.

Taking the player out of it though, I have tried killing certain r8r, mag ring + deflvl wep bm's on my veno. After applying amp/nova (demon) and extreme poison the bm would still only take about 3k damage a hit. The only way to kill a character in this configuration is by purge + stunlocking (to prevent marrow) and amping them completely.  Nothing else will get past their charm and a combo like that is simply not doable in a fight with a bm. At least not fast enough to do before they can use faith or counter-skills. The bm simply has godmode unless they *** up playing their class massively.  A physical class having almost double the mdef of an arcane is just ridiculous.  Of course they can't effectively kill an opponent using this set but they can still put out enough damage to force a veno on the defensive quite a bit at least, kill only if the veno makes a mistake but when you are immune to your opponents damage its only a matter of time.
Last Edit: Apr 21, 2013, 10:18 am by Feone

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
Well, I fought one of your cherished BMs and beat his ass. I understand that a single magic ring makes a big difference, it changes the whole gameplay. If you are having difficulties tanking an opponent, you have to play more offensively and you have to open yourself more and become more vulnerable. I do not write here to have a conversation with random players, but rather for GMs to test this issue out and draw their conclusions.
thx

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Magic classes can not afford to loose that much chanelling. Physical classes with all the good aps and dmg can afford having a magic ring. In my opinion and from my game experience, this puts the game off-balance, especially when barbs or bms use the rings.

"So much channeling" is only 3% per ring.

For 1v1 each oponent can use whatever they want.
Did you ever fight as full phys BM against Wiz? Quick death.

In mass PK phys class with mag rings can any moment
be attacked by phys class wearing phys rings. What then?
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Nobody

They did that on vendetta..... now they r taking it back lmao it ***ed up the server, but it doesnt affect me, i always use 2 magic rings on my mystic
Jishi

Offline Slashyy

Magic classes can not afford to loose that much chanelling. Physical classes with all the good aps and dmg can afford having a magic ring. In my opinion and from my game experience, this puts the game off-balance, especially when barbs or bms use the rings.

am sorry but they can afford to lose that -chan .... the main 3 mag DD classes (wiz, psy and mysic ) all have -chan skills but from what i see most classes use 1 mag ring and 1 phy ring for the avarage boost

Insanity

What has loosing accuracy to do with fighting vs magic classes? Why barbs and bms are really annoyed by this topic? Why you think a guy called Insanity can survive more than others? The answer is: the magic rings used by a bm or a barb, or even a seeker put the game off-balance. It is similar to adding 10k hp to someone. Do you also think that adding 10k hp makes no difference?
To be clear, I never used magic rings, I don't even have any, also using them in mass pk is retarded.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
This is great idea how to *** players over, but it was never issue here and it's not going to happen.