26 (29.5%)
leave it like it is
59 (67%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Territories Wars

Offline Allizkrad

• Characters: Allizkrad
  • Faction: HellRazor
here my suggestion for tws and to make them alot more fun and maybe more competitive, we all know that unfortune small factions that want to tw cant cus atm the biggest faction rulle the Tw map till Agatio do the reset on the Map , so i was thinking if is possible to reduce the amount of ppl that can enter Tw atm is 80 but never saw a faction bring that many ppl to tw , closest faction i saw was NoHomo and they put 72 or 74 members in 1 tw , so i though of asking Agatio if he can drop from 80 to 40 or 30 person tws, besides we would see alot more action in the tw map each week .
So yeah this is my suggestion for tw , give ur impressions about it

P.S: Sry for misspelling if i did any english not my main language.

Offline richard

Other words, people wont be able to get into tw because it'll be full, then there will be another suggestion for it to get put back up, so its pointless.

Offline VampireQueen

• VampireQueen
Just my opinion ofc:
The server while it is awesome can not handle the amount of players that have flooded in. The GM's themselves have admitted this.When you are in a TW ALOT of players lag sooooo bad if their lucky enough not to freeze up completely so having an 80 player tw on this server doesn't do any good anyway.If your faction is so awesome or op or however you kids put it these days you should be just as capable of doing with 40 players what you do with 80 players,both factions will still be matched on players.
As i said first thing just my opinion.
Leaving a trail of blood and dead bodies behind us.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I personally wouldn't mind the reduction. It would allow bigger factions to fight multiple TW's at once easier while still leveling the playing field for smaller factions.  The reduction in lag wouldn't hurt either. I think taking it to 40 or 50 would be best, 30 is a rather low amount for TW.

LaceyPip

Just my opinion ofc:
The server while it is awesome can not handle the amount of players that have flooded in. The GM's themselves have admitted this.When you are in a TW ALOT of players lag sooooo bad if their lucky enough not to freeze up completely so having an 80 player tw on this server doesn't do any good anyway.If your faction is so awesome or op or however you kids put it these days you should be just as capable of doing with 40 players what you do with 80 players,both factions will still be matched on players.
As i said first thing just my opinion.

100% agreed on this.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
It would force bigger factions to split into smaller factions (possibly, it's very demoralizing to not make it in TW because 40 others are better geared or sommat), which means more factions to compete with. 

So those wanting to start out in TW may still never get a chance.

Is it a good idea? Sure, but not sure if it's even possible, and even if it was, the small guys are still out in the cold.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Every faction, no matter how small,
can do TW. You just bid and when
time comes go in, fight and have fun.
You lose nothing for tons of dying in
there.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Every faction, no matter how small,
can do TW. You just bid and when
time comes go in, fight and have fun.
You lose nothing for tons of dying in
there.

Not entirely true. When the difference in numbers is too big the TW is over in less than 10 minutes without any sort of fight other than basically instant death for the smaller group.  This really doesn't count as a TW.

It would force bigger factions to split into smaller factions (possibly, it's very demoralizing to not make it in TW because 40 others are better geared or sommat), which means more factions to compete with. 

So those wanting to start out in TW may still never get a chance.

Is it a good idea? Sure, but not sure if it's even possible, and even if it was, the small guys are still out in the cold.

If your faction would not let you TW just because of gear then maybe you should find a different faction. Also, during defends multiple defends are very likely allowing 80 or 120 people total to TW. 

Right now all that's happening in TW is Sync, NH & Worms picking off all the smaller factions near them & OC attacking NH iirc.  With the current player limit there are only 4 or 5 factions that have the numbers to do anything in TW really. Capping it at 40 would add several other factions into the competetive zone where they can take and hold at least 1 land. Multiple is still tough with TW ganks being possible which is how bigger factions would set themselves apart.

It's a much better solution than just waiting for all the larger factions to wipe out all the smaller ones and then having a map wipe & weeks of dead TW because these big factions are doing all they can to avoid a fight with a group their own size.

Offline yahiko

• Through pain we shall achieve peace
  • Characters: shinsuusenju
  • Faction: sync
lmao this is just crazy a tw is basicaly 80 ppl on each side war.. reduce it is just gona reduce the fun.. either get more people into your faction for tw or merge with other small factions so u can have 80ppl.. reducing it is just going to make tw BORING..

Just cause you guys cant get enough players into your factions for TW numbers.. Please dont SPOIL the FUN for the rest of us faction that ACTUALY have proper TW's

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
lmao this is just crazy a tw is basicaly 80 ppl on each side war.. reduce it is just gona reduce the fun.. either get more people into your faction for tw or merge with other small factions so u can have 80ppl.. reducing it is just going to make tw BORING..

Exactly how does allowing more factions to be able to compete make TW boring? If anything it would make for far more challenging TW's than there are right now.

Offline yahiko

• Through pain we shall achieve peace
  • Characters: shinsuusenju
  • Faction: sync
Exactly how does allowing more factions to be able to compete make TW boring? If anything it would make for far more challenging TW's than there are right now.

Well TW's are meant to be 80 v 80 and just cause u guys dont have numbers dsnt mean they have to change the whole PW settings is it?

Also server isnt just abt TW most good factions have Mass pk and spliting it up is just gona spoil it.. So my suggestion stop qqing if u cant get numbers..either merge or tw with smaller factions that are on the map..If u can find smaller factions try to get more players into urs.. every faction starts small..

Offline Coffee

• Retired Staff Member
  • is adorable. ❤
I actually like this idea too. And of course people in the big guilds will complain. But it would promote more TW's for other factions. Maybe make it 40 v 40. And +1 to everything Feone said.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
"It's meant to be 80" is circular reasoning.  The amount of people my faction has is completely irrelevant to this topic.  PK is also completely unrelated. From your comment I assume you are in one of the bigger factions so I suppose losing the guaranteed win situation would be against your best interest explaining the ad-hominem and other rather pointless arguments in your post.

In any case. As far as I'm concerned there are a few things that make a TW fun.
1: The fact that it's large scale.
2: The tactics involved beyond just killing other players.
3: The challenge of trying to win a battle with an uncertain outcome.

1: Reducing the numbers would make it slightly less large scale but in any case 160 people in one instance tends to fry most pc's resulting in near-unplayable lag and 40v40 is still quite large scale.

2:Tactics don't come into play untill there is an actual fight. When one faction has so many people they instantly roll the other faction tactics become completely irrelevant, reducing numbers would thus result in far more tactical TW's.

3:Lastly, more factions being able to fill an instance means more fights with uncertain outcomes adding a lot of challenge and by extension motivating people to TW more. Let's face it, what's the point of showing up to a fight that's a guaranteed win or loss by 5-10 minute roll anyway?

Offline VampireQueen

• VampireQueen
I don't think how many players can or can not get into factions is the problem it is more about the server being so laggy AND freezing up during tw's becuz it can't handle that many players in one area and bunched up.There are going to be pros and cons to whichever way this goes,I think this was just a suggestion originally for aga and the GM's to consider IF it is even possible to do.Ofc there are going to be players qq about the idea of this but then there are ALWAYS players qq about something.This is only something to be considered and discussed with an open mind.
Leaving a trail of blood and dead bodies behind us.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
i dont really like the idea of "merging"...i suppose that if someone starts a faction its cuz they wanna try and make it bigger...

it seems to me that someone here also likes easy wins on tw's  :rolleyes:
tw isnt just numbers...and we care more about balance between players, although its hard...but we dont stop trying.

actually the idea is perfect ;)
also we came up with some cool idea and this idea will complete our own. (this made no sense for you guys but for gm's it did lol)