Epic Perfect World

Original Poster's control over Forum Posts + Shoutbox

Offline Apollo

Just had an idea that the creator of a post should have the power to close their own posts at any time.

However, because such power could be abused, the only power they would have should be to close a thread, not mute, etc, since that is reserved for the GMs obviously. Also, once the original poster closed the thread, he/she would not have the power to re-open it again.

For example...a guild leader or his/ her officers creates a post on the forums to advertise their recruitment. However, knowing that other guild leaders, officers, or members may trash-talk the faction, the yielding of the power to close the post would be helpful.

Just an idea to contemplate. :monkey-25:
... -edit-
I don't know if has already been suggested or not, but could it be a possibility to incorporate a "shoutbox" on the website? Obviously the Forums already exist, but a shoutbox would definitely be nice, imo, because it allows for a mass of players to communicate real-time, without the distractions of speaking in World Chat in-game. Although adding this feature would possibly only be more work for GMs in that they would now have to monitor an additional communication interface, it still would be quite nice to have. Rather than discuss ideas, which is the point of the Forums, the shoutbox could just be used to "chill."

Just another idea to contemplate.  :monkey-25:     
Last Edit: Apr 16, 2013, 02:37 am by Apollo

Offline Apollo

Post/ comment pl0x?  :normal-4:

Offline Derrius

• Alt: Poison_ivan

Derrius_-150-R8 Cleric-Fac: Nohomo

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
Although adding this feature would possibly only be more work for GMs in that they would now have to monitor an additional communication interface, it still would be quite nice to have.

Not completely true. You can always get forum moderators. '-'

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y
when i first started this server the website had a real time chat box on it. around the time of the first ddos attack i ever saw the feature was removed. not sure if it was a security liability or what but yea it was said if players wanted a chat box they would have to use a third party website. which sucks cause i really liked that feature but yea it has been here before and removed. 

it would be nice to have the power to close your own thread if drama broke out.

Offline elllieee

• Old Player
i"d say giving that feature to the original poster could go negative i.e when he'd see any1 giving a valid reason against his post with a correct point he'd just lock the topic.

For example...a guild leader or his/ her officers creates a post on the forums to advertise their recruitment. However, knowing that other guild leaders, officers, or members may trash-talk the faction, the yielding of the power to close the post would be helpful.

you could always pm any of the support or a Gm to lock/edit a topic or a post,and it"d be done right away ;)