Epic Perfect World

Can't enter game after update

Offline Tannari

Hey guys.  So I was having issues installing Patch 6 at first.  It was derping, but after I rebooted my computer, it was able to update.

Except now it won't let me into the game.  Here's a screenshot of what the launcher looks like every time I try to go in-game:

Whenever I hit start, the launcher reads "Enter game fails" (pink box).  The Start button still stays active, and I can click it as many times as I want and it makes the sound and everything (yellow box), but nothing happens.  My game version is up-to-date (blue box).  I've tried restarting, running through the launcher outside of Steam, running through the patcher, etc. multiple times to no avail.  Any ideas?

Offline Epica

• Old Player
can u go to your EpicPW folder/Patcher/server and check the serverlist.txt files plz. copy paste the 2 lines it have there. might be a IP problem connecting to the server.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Possible issues:
- you are missing elementclient.exe (check EPW/element/elementclient.exe if the file exists). It is possible that your antivirus has deleted it.
- your patcher folder is in wrong location but I doubt it if you have played before the update

What should help:
- verifying the files and setting the exception for the file in your anti-virus
- launching the game directly from elementclient.exe

Offline Alteran

• Beginner
  • Ascended beings will live forever
I had same error and vertifying the files fixed it for me.

Offline Tannari

Verifying fixed it...at least, it let it look like it was going in game.  Then the window was just black, and then it crashed and my computer acted as if nothing happened.  Then I restarted the launcher and the same thing is happening with "Enter game fails" again.  I'll check on the antivirus angle.

EDIT:  Just checked on the files.  Evidently elementclient.exe doesn't exist, so evidently my antivirus deleted it.  I have Norton--now that I think about it, as I was trying to run Patch 6, it popped up saying there had been a minor security risk but it had been handled...  So how do I go about getting the elementclient.exe back?  (Added bonus:  Half of my files in the element folder are .pck files that don't have a legitimate icon.  Would that have anything to do with it?)

Here's a screenshot of what my element folder looks like:

And in case Epica's onto something, here are the two lines from the serverlist.txt file:

EPW
Epica        29000:94.23.249.210   1

Last Edit: Mar 30, 2012, 08:30 pm by Tannari

Offline Epica

• Old Player
dunno if the .exe is all u need but try it.

http://www.fileserve.com/file/C5ntdfc/elementclient.rar

let us know if it worked  ;)

Offline Tannari

Success!!  Man, I'm so happy it works again.  Thank you so much, you guys! <3

Offline Epica

• Old Player
what did u do ? :o
maybe some other ppl have that problem.

Offline Lyssa404

• It's on, like Donkey Kong!
I have the same problem Tannari had....my Norton ate the elementclient.

Can't access the download you linked, even if I log into fileserve seeing... I am not the person who uploaded the file...gah. Can't verify my files either bc my launcher isnt even trying to do his job...changed the settings on my Norton now and am guessing that I will need to re-download the whole issue?  >:( Not amused....lol

Offline Epica

• Old Player
try from here

https://rapidshare.com/files/1575404743/elementclient.rar

dunno why file got like that on fileserve -.-

let us know if it worked or if still having that issue.

Offline Lyssa404

• It's on, like Donkey Kong!
Thanks, got it sorted!  :P

Re-downloaded client after double-checking Norton, to make sure exceptions were in order....  Thought I'd pipe up to let you know that it seems to be a common problem...Thanks for re-posting the link though!  8)

Offline Epica

• Old Player
no problem  ;)
thats why we are here for  ;D
glad u r able to play  :P

Offline Tannari

what did u do ? :o
maybe some other ppl have that problem.

I downloaded the zip file from the Fileshare link you gave me, then extracted it to my element folder.  Norton came up asking me if I wanted to run it, and I said yes after I clicked "always allow this file."  Then I was able to run it through Steam or out of it as normal.  ^^