Epic Perfect World

[Rank 8] vs. [Dragon] Armor

Offline ⓅⓇⓈ

• EPW OG
i've heard that each type is better, depending on the class.  so i ask you for your personal opinions based on your personal experience(s) here on EPW.

which of the two types is best/better for the following classes:

Barb
BM
Seeker
Sin
Archer

my curiosity is mostly regarding the above classes/gears and TW/PVP/PK

i've tried dragon sets on the classes above, so far.  but would like member input based on personal experience in game as far as whether it's worth investing in R8, or not, on the classes listed.  and more specifically, which classes would benefit most from R8 (or Dragon).

many thanks in advance for your thoughts, feedback and input.  ^-^

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'
  • Characters: ???!?!
  • Faction: Xpendable, Artifex
Barb: tanking or perhaps a hybrid claw/axe build? If so r8 for tanking and dragon for aps.

Bm: same as barbs really, dragon offers more aps ( unless somehow you have enough luck for x3 -0.05 int wrists from r8 if it's still possible.). r8 on a bm is better for being support in pk.

Seeker: r8, the defense levels from armor and the defense levels from adrenal make them pretty tough to kill alone.
The damage is good aswell, you can switch up your swords between pure attack level, defense level, or a dragon sword for god of frenzy.

Sin: I don't have a sin so I'm not much help here, but from my experience against them, r8 seems to work best. Better chance to survive due to the defense levels and the attack levels combined with god of frenzy daggers and the possible 2-3 -int from wrists provide good damage.

Archers: r8 over dragon. Depending on if your sage or demon affects your armor set up until you can get the desired stats on r8, but being a sage archer, my gears give me -channeling and that with a dragon xbow and attack levels make me hit hard, and my skills channel very fast.

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno
Realisation-r8 sage cleric
BreakNoise-r8 demon mystic

Offline ⓅⓇⓈ

• EPW OG
awesome, thanks for the feedback! :D

anyone else ... any thoughts?

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
r8r is always better. With the right stats on it it'll wipe the floor with dragon in every possible scenario.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Even if you don't get it right away, you should aim for r8r.  That is the ultimate endgame.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y
dragon gear is sadly a thing of the past. starting off i was very excited about the chance of unique adon armor but also thought it was a novelity set instead its the new OP armor so ultimately u want R8r wen u can afford to get good stats imo

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
r8r is always better. With the right stats on it it'll wipe the floor with dragon in every possible scenario.

Yes, but only with the right stats.

For 1000 recast attempts you need 103500 EC to spend.
Somewhere around 1000 days of farming.
Or 4140 Gold (862.5 days of constant voting every 6 hours), sold to players for 25 EC each.
Last Edit: Mar 08, 2013, 12:52 am by geriatrix
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline firestorm01

i'll stay under powered lol don't care about r8 or how much it costs  :police: 8)

Offline Tavern

• Old Player
Yes, but only with the right stats.

For 1000 recast attempts you need 103500 EC to spend.
Somewhere around 1000 days of farming.
Or 4140 Gold (862.5 days of constant voting every 6 hours), sold to players for 25 EC each.

Lol 1000 days? you can farm 4k EC a day easily, which makes it less than 30 days.

But ye as everyone else already pointed out, r8 is better once you spend around 10k ec on it.

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
4k EC a day needs much more time than most people here can afford though. People with too much time/ too much money usually end up on the official servers. IMO it won't hurt to reduce R8R costs now, it'll be too late to do so once people get the 'perfect sets' since they'll be sooo much QQ.
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
you can farm 4k EC a day easily, which makes it less than 30 days.

Me? You mean YOU can farm 4k EC ...

I wonder how.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Tavern

• Old Player
4k EC a day needs much more time than most people here can afford though. People with too much time/ too much money usually end up on the official servers. IMO it won't hurt to reduce R8R costs now, it'll be too late to do so once people get the 'perfect sets' since they'll be sooo much QQ.

GG
Last Edit: Mar 08, 2013, 02:44 pm by Tavern

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
No offence but if u can make 4k ec a day using 3 toons your abusing something and should be banned. i can barely make 400 EC in 1 day and that's when i do 6 TT3-3 runs BH/devine and 1 GV run and i try to do all this like a normal person before i have to work. And to wonder why most servers don't allow multi-clienting in caves and in farming zones it's cause ppl use opportunity's like this to gain power easily and ultimately ruin a server.
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please

Offline Tavern

• Old Player
No offence but if u can make 4k ec a day using 3 toons your abusing something and should be banned. i can barely make 400 EC in 1 day and that's when i do 6 TT3-3 runs BH/devine and 1 GV run and i try to do all this like a normal person before i have to work. And to wonder why most servers don't allow multi-clienting in caves and in farming zones it's cause ppl use opportunity's like this to gain power easily and ultimately ruin a server.

:pig-1:

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
Another point being once you have this ultimate high end gear from abusing a fun game. your going find out very fast how little there is to do other than ask for 1 vs 1's and pk , troll world chat/flame and afk in archo like 65% of the server's players do.
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please