Epic Perfect World

Anything being done about Fake Bids?

Offline operator

• NSA Spy
  • You just got NSA'd
As the title says is anything being done about it cause it seems there are always these no name guilds that sprout outa nowhere and bid on lands and end up being no shows or have 1-3 people in it...

Offline Resolve

• Flurry of Dancing Flames
  • Characters: Resolve
  • Faction: Apollumi\Nohomo
i dont think there is and there should be something done because there are a lot of fake bids that take place every week

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I check all suspicious factions each week and ban people responsible for fake bids, but apparently not everyone reads the rules that are pretty clear here... and very strict. And there is always someone who comes with 'brilliant' idea to do the fake bid.

Offline operator

• NSA Spy
  • You just got NSA'd
Thats good to know, guess there are people that still think they can get away with it.

Offline Ancient

• Faction: NexNation
I think its as simple as people being opportunistic.  Whats a 200 mil bid to anyone on this server for the chance that you can take 3-5 people and sneak a land away from a faction whose getting attacked by 3 or 4 at once.  Is what these people do right?  Well, that would depend on how badly someone wants the free EC for however long they manage to hold that piece of the map they may never sneak away from any of these factions.
I fully agree.... i have no idea who bid on my land this week and i was overjoyed before bidding closed because i was looking forward to having 2 tws this weekend.... and then i realized the top bid on my land was made by a faction i have never heard of called BumbleBee....

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
The thing is, BumbleBee may be one of them undercover factions that have been building up a small TW army without anyone noticing.

Nah, that smells like a Tideborn to me.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Eralis

• Oblivion Leader
The thing is, BumbleBee may be one of them undercover factions that have been building up a small TW army without anyone noticing.

Nah, that smells like a Tideborn to me.
BumbleBee has 3 player in the faction so that's definitely not the case

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Hence what I said afterwards.  It smells fishy.  But there have been cases of small factions who want to try and TW; they don't have a chance per se of winning, but they want the experience.

I remember on PWI, they eventually made a TW bidding rule thread and it helped with the fake bidding a bit.  Of course, in those rules they pretty much made it so that training TW's were bannable (and quite frankly, I found that stupid, because there are folks who've never seen the inside of a TW battlefield--the training TW's made it so they didn't go around running like headless turkeys).

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)
BumbleBee has 3 player in the faction so that's definitely not the case

yeah im sure it's a fake faction....

Offline operator

• NSA Spy
  • You just got NSA'd
So I wonder how many fake bids gonna happen next weeks TW, and the people doing it is pretty obvious jajajajaja

Offline Kyan

• Retired Staff Member
  • I'n the control room watching you
As Aga said we go through every Tw bid that is reported to us, we confirm it, and if we find it a fake bid, we do ban the players inside the faction, in order to not let them go inside TW.

In this Leaders and oficers of the factions can help as well. If they find that TW bid on their land is suspicious, plz make sure to report it to us, and we will deal with it.

ty all
Ty to lucy that made my awsome Siggy and avvy
GM alt Krypto

Offline Jynn

As Aga said we go through every Tw bid that is reported to us, we confirm it, and if we find it a fake bid, we do ban the players inside the faction, in order to not let them go inside TW.

In this Leaders and oficers of the factions can help as well. If they find that TW bid on their land is suspicious, plz make sure to report it to us, and we will deal with it.

ty all

Relying on the honesty of players playing a free version of a major money making f2p style game, is a silly endeavor. If someone fake bids their own land, they're not going to tell you that they find it suspicious.

Offline Tylana

I think they're asking OTHER people to report suspicious bids. Like when BumbleBee bid on NoHomo. Have you ever seen someone in a fac called BumbleBee?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Offline Jynn

Nobody but Worms has bid on us in the last week or two.