Epic Perfect World

Dragon Dual Axe atk range redo

Offline operator

• NSA Spy
  • You just got NSA'd
Hi, I was looking at the physical attack range of the 150 Dragon Poleaxe and the Dual Axes and they are both identical... Isn't the Dual Axes supposed to have a higher physical attack versus the poleaxe?  I mean if thats the case then why are the fists/claws/dual edges all different in physical attack...

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y
ya never noticed it myself or looked for myself now but it should be higher on axe's tbh. 

wait i was thinking the pike and dual axe's. the poleaxe and dual axes if at the same aps should have same damage shouldn't they :o
Last Edit: Jan 16, 2013, 03:25 am by AOH

Offline operator

• NSA Spy
  • You just got NSA'd
The Poleaxe and Dual axes are different types pole is faster than dual but the only difference is the interval/str. Dual axes if i remember correctly and if the other axes aka npc/twilight temple are correct then duals should have a higher low end dmg than poleaxes. 

Offline thatguy

Dual Axes:

Attack Rate:0.83
Range:3.50
Atk:2523-5890
Stats:God of Frenzy, +25 STR, +25 VIT, +5% Crit Rate, +150 P.Atk

Poleaxe:

Attack Rate:0.91
Range:4.50
Atk:2523-5890
Stats:God of Frenzy, +25 STR, -0.10 Interval, +5% Crit Rate, +150 P.Atk

Personally I think the attack RANGE is fine 3.50 for axes 4.50 for pole where's the problem?  Oh...wait you mean the physical attack, see the thread subject doesn't quite fit with the topic you want to cover.  I'd choose Dual over pole simply because of the +25 Vit bonus that it gives, it can really save your ass if you need it to and I find that the p.atk in both are fine aswell though I've never really noticed it nor do I care, dual axes all the way for me.

Offline operator

• NSA Spy
  • You just got NSA'd
Poleaxe --- Physical attack 2523-5890

Dual Axe --Physical attack 2523-5890

Both the min/max attack ranges are the same. The dual axe considering all the other dual axes ingame should have a higher min dmg range.  I am not talking about attack distance as how far you can hit someone.
Bonus stats as i have said only differ in terms of the +25 str on duals versus -0.1 interval on poleaxe

Offline Colaris

Just add em attack lvls and the problem will be fixed xD

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
It's been always like that as a 'leftover' from our old version of the game (1.3.6). There was time when poleaxes had higher average attack than dual axes, because of how under-powered barbarians were back then. And they really needed that boost to actually kill something. Things have changed with Genesis (and then Descent patch) and poleaxe's attack has been lowered to match the attack of dual axes.  I realize that some of you may say that Barb's weapon is still a bit OP, but lowering it to how it is supposed to be if we went PWI attack pattern, wouldn't be good move at all.

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
It's been always like that as a 'leftover' from our old version of the game (1.3.6). There was time when poleaxes had higher average attack than dual axes, because of how under-powered barbarians were back then. And they really needed that boost to actually kill something. Things have changed with Genesis (and then Descent patch) and poleaxe's attack has been lowered to match the attack of dual axes.  I realize that some of you may say that Barb's weapon is still a bit OP, but lowering it to how it is supposed to be if we went PWI attack pattern, wouldn't be good move at all.

I wouldn't say barbs weapons are op at all, at the end of the day thats all a barb has. They have 1 skill attack which could be considered OP but it comes at a price and is rarely used in pvp. As a barb, after using a few initial skills the majority of the damage simply has to come from normal attacks and against HA users its pretty useless as it is. You already said it would be a bad move and I agree, dropping barbs attack powers will render them useless in PvP, and in many respects, thats what EPW is situated around. 

Offline thatguy

I wouldn't say barbs weapons are op at all, at the end of the day thats all a barb has. They have 1 skill attack which could be considered OP but it comes at a price and is rarely used in pvp. As a barb, after using a few initial skills the majority of the damage simply has to come from normal attacks and against HA users its pretty useless as it is. You already said it would be a bad move and I agree, dropping barbs attack powers will render them useless in PvP, and in many respects, thats what EPW is situated around.
Agreed.

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
Would be nice if the dual axes were amped a bit tho wouldnt it? Would finally see more str bms running about instead of the aps ones claiming they're bm god cos they figured out how to combine two stuns together.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I'd have to agree on the barb attack being rather high. It's fine on a vit barb but str barbs hit my veno for 3-15k a hit at ~2 aps... As is barbs hurt me a lot more than a sin or bm.  (That is without spark or the morai buff.)

Offline Archeus

• Rachel
  • “Ask nothing, expect nothing, depend on nothing."

+1 
let's not think barb atk as too high cause as a vit barb it's not "fine", my dmg is full crap...can't kill a thing LOL
str barb is a different story but you can just try for more p def and def lvls?
FuzzyPeanut - 150 Sage Barbarian
Spazz - 150 Demon Barbarian
Archeus - 150 Sage Archer
Mischievous - 150 Demon Blademaster
Switchblade - 145 Sage Seeker

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
True but a vit barb is a tank, not a killer. Their main damage attack would be arma, able to do a good deal of 1shotting if timed well.
A str barb, still having ~60k hp and access to powerfull defensive skills (both genie and normal barb skills) dealing such high damage is IMO a bit overpowered. Pitty theres no way to nerf/buff one without throwing the other out of balance. (Unless theres some sort of high vit required weapon version maybe with a nerf on the original.)