Epic Perfect World

Teleacoustics

Offline IceGiant

Because of excessive spam, teleacoustics should be available only by daily mailbox quest, 5 for every player, like it was on the Senlyn server. Maybe that will solve the complete anarchy. What do you think?

Offline IMN666

• Poor, Ugly, Happy
  • Bah-weep-graghnah-weep-ninni-bong
  • Characters: Maloth, Aceso
yes and no. world chat is a very touchy subject. cause then people will complain they can't sell anything or find parties because they don't have teles. if you don't like to see the spam, simply shut it off. i'm tired of seeing people whine and complain about a problem that they can easily fix themselves.

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
A better solution would be adding teleacoustics as a monster drop and limiting their time to not more than half an hour.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Liquidstep

• Old Player
  • Call me Chill becaus i like to chill
I  think WC would just die out then  :D and its gonna be hard to  find  help if you have used youre 5 teles lol + ppl will me  makeing usless accounts to get  teles just  for that :-\.
Im Liquidstep and you may see  me at NS

Favorit place to  Chill there.

Chillstep - 150(sin)
Liquidstep - 150(Archer)
SlushyStep -  150(Mystic)
DreamStep - 150(cleric)
ChillyStepZ - 150(wiz)

dorothyerika

:'( this is youre second post, but anyway, No.People QQ too much already about WC,if they do that,many people will leave and there will be more QQin, nuff said D:

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Not a good idea.

Person AAA abuses WC, so we will limit persons BBB and CCC ?

Yes, there's spam in WC, but not all people do it. Just a few of them.

~~~~~

WC can be logged, so GM's can read last several hours and mute
the ones that they find offensive, with explanation and evidence.
If someone reports someone else, the proof/validation would be
already there.

From log would be visible who really started what, and why.
Mutes can be published, or not, that part could be discussed.

That way GM's won't have to be "24h online" to mute offenders for their ###h.

Any better idea?
Last Edit: Jan 08, 2013, 03:32 pm by geriatrix
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y
give it up already turn it off or stop playing ffs.i like being readily available to world chat if and when i feel the need. if its that big an issue for you return to your awesomely awesome place that limits you to 5 teles a day.

Offline Kyan

• Retired Staff Member
  • I'n the control room watching you
And then i would spend all my day, reading WC logs??

That wil not happen. PPl need to hosnestly just try to get less ofended, with everytthing, its just a game. If you dont like smething SS report it, i will resolve it.

But we will not become a dictator server, where everything and everyone will be sensored.
Ty to lucy that made my awsome Siggy and avvy
GM alt Krypto

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people

Offline Slashyy

limating the number of teles a person has per day what would happen to the genral person asking for help or wanting squads also theres nothing wrong with a lil wc drama keeps the server alive..... would u honestly say u would stay playing a server when the wc box is always empty and i mean it could be worse i supose ..... people could have lots of horns xD ................... so simple rule to remember

if the wc  offends u go blue chat >.<

Offline xDelete

• Beer monster
First of all it's not ppl fault u're antisocial much u can't stand others have fun in wc, second, as WT said it's a game, if u get butthurted, it's not our fault again...

~Hope I was rude, Slick.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I've been on a few servers where they limited how many teles you can have a day, or having it in the boutique for a ridiculously high price for just one.  As per my forum title says: "Censorship is the bane of creativity".  But censorship is also the bane of getting stuff done on this server as well.  Let's say they do limit to 5 teles a day (I was on that server at one point and lasted maybe a week because there was no activity in world chat, and I was also in a quiet faction).  What that will do is get rid of the spammers, sure....

But it will also get rid of those who legitimately want to buy/sell stuff. 

It will get rid of those who want to do bh's without filling a squad up with their alts (or are unable to; not everyone has a computer that can run more than 1 client at once.  Hell, mine pitches a fit when I try to run two in an instance. 

It will get rid of those who uses world chat as their chat because they choose to stay factionless (not sure why they WOULD stay factionless on an MMO, but there are a few people like that).

It will get rid of those, like myself, who uses it as entertainment for solo farming in FC.  Some of the drama is better than any soap opera I could watch, just saying.

What happens when all those kinds are no longer on the server?

The GM's get bored, world chat dies, and eventually the server dies.  Is Senlyn still around? No? I can almost attest that the tele limit was part of the problem.  ROTFA made teles super expensive, and look at where half their population went (yes, people actually did quit over that).

Leave teles alone, learn to use blacklist, and join a really super active faction so you don't have to worry about being bored during your farming/pking endeavors.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
And then i would spend all my day, reading WC logs??

90% you are right. Good Point !!!

As for the remaining 10%: read logs only when someone complains. :)
(Unleass same few people complain over and over again. Then limit number of complains.)

LOL
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Tali

This is a terrible idea I need my teleacoustics I have a very bad disease where if I don't world chat an allotted amount my epeen begins to shrink.

I am an advocate for Teleacoustic Usage and am starting a new campaign
SAVE THE TELES
May teleacoustics be freely availible in any part of the Perfect World for those suffering from loss of epeen size!

Offline IMN666

• Poor, Ugly, Happy
  • Bah-weep-graghnah-weep-ninni-bong
  • Characters: Maloth, Aceso
This is a terrible idea I need my teleacoustics I have a very bad disease where if I don't world chat an allotted amount my epeen begins to shrink.

I am an advocate for Teleacoustic Usage and am starting a new campaign
SAVE THE TELES
May teleacoustics be freely availible in any part of the Perfect World for those suffering from loss of epeen size!

so THATS why I can't find mine. I thought I was just a freak.