Epic Perfect World

PvP ranking

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Well, it still can be accessed on:
http://epicpw.com/panel/rank.php

But I got many opinions that it's useless as many players are doing 'fake' kills and it should be removed.
Also I don't enjoy checking players if all their kills are 'legit' as this is kinda time consuming.

I want to see your opinions. Thanks.
Last Edit: Mar 11, 2012, 06:50 pm by Agatio

Offline Kicia

I think pvp rank should be on each pvp server, about killing newbie and low lvl player - this server have safe mode option so just use it ^^ (if buffs is so importat use multi for cleric)
and my sugestion maybe just block Valley of Scarred to enter player higher than 130lvl? :D
Last Edit: Mar 11, 2012, 07:03 pm by Kicia

Offline WEEWEE

Can it really hurt anything to keep it if we dont get anything for being #1 anyway? I just wouldn't bother babysitting people that you think might be farming kills, they will make their e-peen bigger by bragging about 200 hours red name anyway, and who needs a pk rank to be an asshole and farm newbies anyway? On the flip side, since it is meaningless apart from bragging rights or to check how someone is doing in pk, that strengthens the argument to get rid of it...
Personally I like that tool, I use it to check up on my kill / death ratio and would hate to see it gone.

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
+1 for keeping it

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline PandaBear

Keep it for now.... that's the only thing to do on the server is pk :/.. no new content so people must have something to do... maybe later when genesis comes out it can be removed i would like that...

P.S ban john off of it he's in my guild and i know he is bs.. xD

Offline oyfo

In my opinion pk ranking should be removed. It prevents ppl from having fun killing each other in friendly way. PK ranking was gone for few hours and ppl were having more fun at west becouse they didn't have to worry about kill/death ratio. I would like to fight with some guildies/friends without any consequences on pvp rank, I would like to test combos, damage, let ppl to kill me to test things, things that can't be tested in duel.
I think there should be place where ppl could kill each other and practice without having to worry about ranking (for example arena).
As Panda said, only thing to do here is pk and ranking discourages ppl from PK, at least part of them (I would even dare to say that greater part).

Apart from discouraging ppl from having fun PK rank also encourages ppl to kill low lvls (yes, yes i know that there is blue name option, but we know that new players don't always know about this option, often they by mistake turn pk on to get buffs and then they can't go blue name for 10hours).
Rank does not always show the best PKers.

Offline Elu

Why would I be in favor of taking it off:

- So some players don't just go around killing every noob they see endlessly.
- So players don't go killing their alts or guildies (Jhon or whatever. 193 kills 8 deaths? Sure, I never seen him PK anywhere but seems legit.)
- It's not useful for anything since there's no rewards, and that takes us back to the point of people doing previous two points, so would be bad.

But I'd still vote to keep it, it's just a handful of people that care too much about it to be grieving noobs all day and server already got rid of the most annoying one.

And since this might sound hypocrite coming from me, I'll explain:

I do kill noobs in VoS, Key quest mobs, other farming areas and so on. Why? Well, first because it's something I got used to after being in Lost City server 2 years in PWI, people killed me as a noob and I had no problem with it, actually found it fun sometimes and then I started doing it too. Second, I like the blood red name, don't blame for liking red. And third, there's really nothing else to do and killing the noobs can oftenly end up in big mass PvP action, which is fun.

On other point, I also kill people my level and have killed people higher than me when I was lower level. And everyone can say I'm not just a noob PK'er, I go for all levels equally and I'm good at it. So no, I don't kill noobs because that's all I can kill, I PK everyone.

And at last, I do have four basic rules when PK'ing noobs:

1. Kill only once if after killing they ask me nicely to stop.
2. Kill twice max in a same day or couple of days if they don't say anything about it.
3. Encourage them to use blue name.
4. PK them as much as I want  if they rage, insult, make drama and so on.

And most of times I tell them I'll leave them alone now so they can grind in peace.

On other hand, we've people that just PK the same person endlessly no matter what, and those are the ones that are the problem.

I like to think of myself as a "civilized PK'er" or something like that. (:

Last Edit: Mar 11, 2012, 11:21 pm by Elu
-Retired-

Offline Elu

And sorry about double post, but what happened with what were you trying to do so you could detect alt killing and such, Agatio?
-Retired-

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
And sorry about double post, but what happened with what were you trying to do so you could detect alt killing and such, Agatio?
Well, I can set it to count only levels 140+, it could help.

Offline sixer

well that would like solve alot of problems with killing alts and low lvl's i mean still kill them but no reward for it!

Offline PandaBear

Well, I can set it to count only levels 140+, it could help.

Yes your right but still people could kill their 140 alts x_x
I think if you could watch logs for "spam killing" , where one person gets alot of kills in a certain amount of time and the other person gets alot of deaths..

Panda~~~

Offline Faeryl

If time was taken to research the aspects of the pros and cons of a PK ranking list implemented in games one would be amazed at how strongly it is frowned upon in the gaming community. People twist the system to benefit themselves, create an unbearable stage for grief play and cyber bulling to accomplish their goal to be the TOP DOG on a list, which is worth no more than the toilet paper you wipe your buttocks with. PK’rs have this misconception that everyone wants to help them to the finish line by being their lambs at slaughter time. I think NOT……Elu, spoke about continuing to kill if a person raged or got upset, in essence that is a prime example of being a griefer. Also, in the research you will find that it is virtually impossible to account for legit kills, therefore making the PK ranking list NOT accurate. It also creates more drama than the daytime Soap Operas offer. In final, if people would do some good old fashioned research, grab some morals entwined with compassion, and tuck it under the huge umbrella of knowledge and experience and stomp on the head of deceit this pk ranking list wouldn't be such a HOT topic any longer, and the gaming community would be a better place to play.
Last Edit: Mar 12, 2012, 12:12 pm by Faeryl
When Soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a
battlefield they all have one rank in my eyes.

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
+1 MageTank
+1 oyfo
+1 Faeryl

::)
-1 PandaBear for trolling (will be reporting the post), he didn't ask you to bash other peoples posts he asked for your opinion on the PVP Ranking.
Your greatest enemy is your own ego

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member
Stay on topic.. this only about the PvP Ranking nothing more. There will be no bashing of comments or people.