Epic Perfect World

More Pdef or bless box for caster class's

Offline operator

• NSA Spy
  • You just got NSA'd
Every1 on the server is basically going to aps class's and getting base 4.0 or even 5.0 if possible. Its making things really imbalanced in terms of dmg output and pvp. So why not give something to the squishy caster class's such as mage and werefox's in maybe a form of a pdef blessbox. Ep's and Ea's get a blessbox i can understand ep needing 1 but ea not so much.  Before long every1 on the server will be a 4.0 aps based sin and that will be boring...

I know some of yall gonna say awe he qq'in but watever i know ppl will say it but watever idc about your opinion just the more mature players that aren't biased.

Tali

My veno is fine in r8 armor, she has 13k pdef/20k in fox form.
However, it's honestly all about attack/defense levels by endgame.

APS isn't a huge factor in this server, anyway. It might've been when you were in PWI, but here you will suffer probably just a charm tick. If you die to a APSer, you need to learn to move.  :-[

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
If you're worried about mages being squishy you can always make them Ha, or even get them heavy rings, just to add abit of def if you didn't wanna make them Ha, or even get them def lvls, it all helps them last longer xD

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Erhie

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
My veno is fine in r8 armor, she has 13k pdef/20k in fox form.
However, it's honestly all about attack/defense levels by endgame.

APS isn't a huge factor in this server, anyway. It might've been when you were in PWI, but here you will suffer probably just a charm tick. If you die to a APSer, you need to learn to move.  :-[
I disagree.
If a sin  times his stun with occult ice and Frenzy, in addition to 4.0/5.0 APS; given the circumstances a caster class will almost always die.
However, I do agree with you that an increase in physical defense is not the solution.
"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?
~J. B. Priestley"

Tali

I disagree.
If a sin  times his stun with occult ice and Frenzy, in addition to 4.0/5.0 APS; given the circumstances a caster class will almost always die.
However, I do agree with you that an increase in physical defense is not the solution.

You're forgetting genie skills. Badge of courage is enough to break you free and get away; and there's plenty of other anti stuns.
All casters have defences for physical classes, just learn to use them. Everyone forgets that for someone to APS you to death, they have to catch you. You're a caster, you use your range to your advantage. Standing there and casting skills and hoping you'll kill them before your charm ticks again isn't what a caster does.

Offline Slashyy

<-- psy does pretty ok unless sins have will serge them im 50% screw'd if my genie is in cd xD
but ya u have the option to put in phy def shards on gear ..... but if im not wrong isnt the idea of mages to kill before the tagret gets close

Offline Erhie

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
You're forgetting genie skills. Badge of courage is enough to break you free and get away; and there's plenty of other anti stuns.
All casters have defences for physical classes, just learn to use them. Everyone forgets that for someone to APS you to death, they have to catch you. You're a caster, you use your range to your advantage. Standing there and casting skills and hoping you'll kill them before your charm ticks again isn't what a caster does.
Does badge of courage even break you out of occult ice?
Note I did mention "given the circumstance".
and I do agree with your assertion.....
However you yourself have to admit that AA cleric are at an extreme disadvantage when it comes to kitting.....
Again, I'll mention that an increase in phy defense is not the solution....
"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?
~J. B. Priestley"

Offline operator

• NSA Spy
  • You just got NSA'd
Well as far as moving around and what not, kiting as a mage or even ep is near pointless due to the fact that sins/seekers can just teleport right on top of you. Plus the amount of stuns/occult ice out weighs anti-stun abilities, cooldowns on pots etc etc.  Using phys rings for more pdef defeats the purpose of a magic class's high spike dmg and channeling ability. Slow channeling is not a good thing for any caster class if having really low spike dmg.  Aps class's give up nothing to have high dmg output. 

Also idk if 5.0 aps when sparked was nerfed or not but that would be really op if it wasn't >.>

Offline omarmob

Don't forget that assasin have immobilize for about 10 seconds and it give him 50 chi giving the aa class no chance if runing and tidel protection sage is prett op and help the sin avoid any stun or silence so he can get to the caster and kill it and his skill of teleporting to u and teleport stun u

Offline omarmob

I forgot to mention that the immobilize skill for assasin last for 10 seconds and its cool down is about 15 seconds so he spam immobilize and apps the AA class 

Tali

Does badge of courage even break you out of occult ice?

No, but Absolute Domain would protect you through its entirety.

It does, thanks KK_.
Last Edit: Dec 10, 2012, 11:55 pm by Tali

Offline Aujami

• Old Player
it depends on class, every class has its unique way to survive, veno fox form, cleric vangaurd, psy psy will sos, mystic heal, wiz morai skill and earth shield.

dps were nerfted yea but, with the current r8 dragon mixed or 2x int gears aps still the same.  the only class does not have pdef buff is psy and demon cleric. psy too op to give them more pdef and not so many demon clerics.

increasing the pdef of AA classes would make it unfair for other classes. but u will see this thread again in future when more than 80% of sins get 4.0 base with rank8 which not impossible it's just a matter of time.

and i think GMs aware of the fact that r8 won't be end game not for long. when most ppl get r8 they want something bigger or they gonna get bored and quit

so i am expecting some improvement in gears within 6 months. maybe with the siren of war remake ^_^

Offline Dazbro

No, but Absolute Domain would protect you through its entirety.

Wrong. Badge does break Occult.

Tali

Wrong. Badge does break Occult.

Oh god, now I need to choose between my 150 magic genie or a dex genie.  :-[

*** it, 4/sec is amazing.

Offline Stella

• Lovin u is Red
Shit i agree, i got a full r8 wizard and it shows i got like 17k p def + i got about 50 def levels and i am still squish as shit, i also got p def neck and belt on.