Epic Perfect World

"File download appear error" while verifying.

Offline meenah

Good afternoon!

Just downloaded the game via torrent and unzipped everything. I'm trying to get into it now, but I'm having some issues. Simply running the patcher doesn't do anything; when I click "start" the client itself never launches, and the progress bars for "verify" and "update" just keep blinking. So I decided to verify - but I keep getting a pop saying, "File download appear error". The verification process auto-retries and resumes after a few seconds, but I'm not sure it's actually progressing. It seems to be stuck at one place.

I have run fixit.bat and restarted my PC, and I'm running as an administrator. My firewall is set to allow through patcher.exe, elementclient.exe, and launcher.exe. I'm not sure what else I can do!

Please help - thank you!

EDIT: The patcher now shuts itself down when it attempts to update. I am going to try reinstalling...
Last Edit: Dec 07, 2012, 06:40 pm by meenah

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
ok, keep us updated please

Offline meenah

ok, keep us updated please

I'm currently re-unzipping to an alternate destination. This time I'm going to change my firewall settings before even attempting to launch. None of the files appear to be corrupted, so I'm not sure what happened here. It's probably something with Windows 7 being an idiot.

FYI, the place it seems to be stalling at is v12.

Offline meenah

Unfortunately, seem to be having the same issues. I'm going to let it keep trying to verify because I really have no other idea what to do...would appreciate tips from anyone with similar issues.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Well.. the new PWI patcher allows to click start while updating the game, which is confusing.. when you click the patcher it should auto update, even if you don't see the first bar making progression (it's about 200 mb patch and it takes a while for it show progress...) So if you see message "updating the game, please wait", just give it some time..
But I will probably add the old patcher back, was less troubles and confusion with it..
For now I can suggest you trying the direct download, client there is almost up to date.

Offline meenah

Well.. the new PWI patcher allows to click start while updating the game, which is confusing.. when you click the patcher it should auto update, even if you don't see the first bar making progression (it's about 200 mb patch and it takes a while for it show progress...) So if you see message "updating the game, please wait", just give it some time..
But I will probably add the old patcher back, was less troubles and confusion with it..
For now I can suggest you trying the direct download, client there is almost up to date.

Sounds good, I'll try that instead.