Epic Perfect World

Game Freezing Error

I read the different forums and didn't see anything pertaining to my problem, so I need help.  I'm getting rather frustrated. I went to download on this page and clicked Mirror1 under Direct Link to download the game.  I have quite a bit of experience downloading games, so I know how it works, but when the download was done, the launcher wasn't added to my desktop like most downloads do automatically.  I had to pull the launcher from my start menu.  Now the launcher says Launcher.exe-Shortcut, which looks a bit fishy too me, since most launchers have a game name and nothing else.  I can log into the game just fine and everything runs smoothly, except....after 2-23 min. of playing, the game freezes and it kicks me out of the game either with an error message (with letters and numeric numbers in computer language), or a notice appears above screen saying "not responding) and it closes me out of the game completely. When I log back into the game all the skills, which I put in my shortcut bar, reset and I have to move them back to the shortcut bar.  I have tried re-downloading the game and playing around with the graphics settings, but nothing seems to work.  I have plenty of space on my computer for this game and I have 6.00 GB of RAM, windows vista, Alienware Laptop.  With a 64-bit Operating system, not sure what that means.  If you have any idea what is wrong with my game, please let me know.  I really want to play this game and right now, it is almost impossible.  Thank you in advanced for taking my problem into consideration.  I look forward to your answers.  :smiley:

Offline kinggalinor

• Old Player
  • Morguilus the Defiler
Can you take some screenshots plz.
Kings Faith - Only thing worth buying is time.
How would I do that? When it freezes, I cant do anything and sometimes the screen goes black.  It freezes every 19 min. or so....what could be causing that?

Offline beardragon

• Old Player
There's many possible reasons for that. I'd first start by putting the whole game under the exception list of every security software you have then check to see if your drivers are up-to-date. It's also possible that your graphics card is overheating.

Offline torie

And you should try Verifying your game files via the launcher.

Also check the RAM usage of your game client over time, i.e. first when you opened it up and just logged in, then after every 3 mins or so until the error occurs. Might be that weird error that I once had that it goes up extremely and eats into your RAM, making it overheat.

Besides, for laptops always use some sort of additional cooling if it gets hot while playing.

Tali

Verify your files, run client as administrator, disable Secondary Logon via services, update all your drivers and DirectX (if you are running windows make sure you have the latest service packs and such), make sure that your antivirus has all permissions for the client. and try playing with taskmanager constantly open in the background. (I don't know why, but it stops games from crashing for me)
Alright try other things like cleaning up your registry and such. General maintenance.
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for responding to me.  But I'm a bit confused.  How do I check if Graphics card is over heating? This problem never happens for any other games.  War of the immortals runs smoothly for me with no errors, but both pwi and epw freeze after a certain amount of time.

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for responding to me.  But I'm a bit confused.  How do I check if Graphics card is over heating? This problem never happens for any other games.  War of the immortals runs smoothly for me with no errors, but both pwi and epw freeze after a certain amount of time.
i use speedfan its free just google it, it will moniter all temperature gauges it can find attached to ur motherboard and u can also set the fan speed to cool it down quicker.
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please
I checked it out, but it says the site is unsafe....thanks anyway though.  Can someone give me a step by step explanation for how to fix the issues? I've never been good at Laptop maintenance stuff. =/ I really want the game to run smoothly, but I'm not sure what the problem is at this point...

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
there is no site for the makers it should've sent u to downloads.com which is cnet.com now i think.
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please
so, I think it may be a download issue.  I am currently downloading the 8 patches to see if this works... I hope it does.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
dont use google chrome if u want my opinion, it tends to corrupt files since it have an auto search for tojans and wateva else...
when u extract it, extract it to a new folder with a diferent name than the one u used before cu windows tends to screw up same folder names...

about the shortcut beeing called "Launcher.exe Shortcut" thats cuz u use the option "create shortcut here" or "create shortcut on desktop"...when u see a shortcut with the game name without the "shortcut" word on it itz cuz its pasted on desktop via isntallation so its on the program the name it will have  :-\
(confusing so dont bother it lol)

any other errors if u r getting let us know please.

Offline twiddler1

• Twiddler
this game is also way more graphics intensive than woi or boi i had to put a fan on my graphics card today it kept overheating and shutting down the card to keep from burning it up. which is weird cause i have ran this game for 2 weeks with no problems, but today it went crazy on my vid card for some reason but its fixed now thanks to the fan. good thing i keep spare pc parts lmao.
We are all a little crazy, just some more than others .
Frankly, I'm getting quite tired of this.  I'm not a laptop Genius and it shouldn't take so much confusing stuff to get the game running.  I should be able to just download the game and have it running...I'm getting really tired of constantly having errors with this game.  I used to play PWI on a low lvl graphics card laptop and it worked fine then.  I dont understand why this game doesnt work on a high lvl graphics card.  I'm so tired of all this confusing information.  I just want to play. >.<

Offline beardragon

• Old Player
I used to play PWI on a low lvl graphics card laptop and it worked fine then.  I dont understand why this game doesnt work on a high lvl graphics card.

Sounds like it could be a driver issue. But yea, it's hard to tell exactly what the issue could be.