Epic Perfect World

extract problem HELP plz

Offline omarlink

i just downloaded the game and when i extract (i downloaded mirror 1 btw) i get corrupted files i tried both winrar and 7zip and keep getting the same probs any one help please??  :sad:

McStabby

i just downloaded the game and when i extract (i downloaded mirror 1 btw) i get corrupted files i tried both winrar and 7zip and keep getting the same probs any one help please??  :sad:

What did you download it with? Firefox, IE, Google Chrome? (If it was Chrome, try again with IE or FireFox, as Chrome seems to corrupt the files for a few players.)

Offline jbreezy

Hey im having some trouble help me out.Ok i downloaded the game client i opened it with launcher and this big blue thing pops up with a lady reading a book and it says do u want to upgrade or cancel i click cancel and i click the start button then this window pops up asking to enter my user and pw and i enter and then it says client is to low exit out  so i do then i do the same thing at the beginning open epicpw with winrar then click launcher and the pop up it says upgrade or cancel i click upgrade and it takes long time very long and i have been doing this for 5 weeks and im so tired of upgrading.please help me. 

Offline Ace

• Stop bothering me.
  • Characters: Ace
  • Faction: Regicide Leader
the problem could also be in your download. You might have to re-download it.

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
I prefer Jzip
And make sure you are not downloading thru a WIFI as data gets lost easy this way.
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please

Offline Ace

• Stop bothering me.
Ok first don't use jzip it isn't as trusted or as widely used as 7zip. This second part is just for you Lei Feng. "make sure you are not downloading thru a WIFI as data gets lost easy this way". Ok before you ever post something about technology and what happens or works or does why don't you take the time to learn about it first. Data getting lost through a WiFi connection does not happen very often and is just as likely to happen over a wired connection. Please think before you try to "help".

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
Ok first don't use jzip it isn't as trusted or as widely used as 7zip. This second part is just for you Lei Feng. "make sure you are not downloading thru a WIFI as data gets lost easy this way". Ok before you ever post something about technology and what happens or works or does why don't you take the time to learn about it first. Data getting lost through a WiFi connection does not happen very often and is just as likely to happen over a wired connection. Please think before you try to "help".
how about u not be a jerk b4 you post. I work for a internet company and yes Data Packets over wifi do get lost way more often then a lan wire. Jzip is highly trusted as 7zip was made by a 3rd party programer cnet.com/downloads.com can confirm this. And im sorry but 7zip is not widely used its has low compression rates and is only used by phish sites for a password.txt file. and the point of helping is to give knowledge or pass knowledge all you did was try to talk me down how does that help me or the person?
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please

Offline Ace

• Stop bothering me.
7zip is a widely trusted program. More used then jzip and it does not have a low compression ratio. Hell, even if you ask the Internet, 4chan included (not a fan of that place, ijs that millions frequent it) they'll suggest 7zip 1000 times before jzip would be mentioned (if it even is mentioned). Just because something is 3rd party doesn't mean it can't be trusted. And I doubt you work for an Internet company because the rarity of WiFi having the issue you described in every good WiFi connection is laughable.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
how about u not be a jerk b4 you post. I work for a internet company and yes Data Packets over wifi do get lost way more often then a lan wire. Jzip is highly trusted as 7zip was made by a 3rd party programer cnet.com/downloads.com can confirm this. And im sorry but 7zip is not widely used its has low compression rates and is only used by phish sites for a password.txt file. and the point of helping is to give knowledge or pass knowledge all you did was try to talk me down how does that help me or the person?

Sorry to disappoint you, I'm 51 y/o computer engineer and I can tell you that
your provider you work for has very bad or obsolete WiFi system. The higher
rate of data loss you mentioned could happen some 10-15 years ago, and not
with all equipment.

At home I have WiFi connection for the last 4 years, and the only problem I
had was with Google Chrome. I will never use it again.

7zip has been used much more than Jzip.

"Third party programmers" also make several distributions of Linux, few BSD
(FreeBSD, OpenBSD...), you've heard of OpenOffice and much more.

You can't say it's "less reliable" or "less trustworthy" if telling the truth.

~~~~~

Problem with extraction can be caused by older version of archiver.
As far as I know, 7zip is still free, just load it from original site, not
from "redistributors". And get the latest version.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline kinggalinor

• Old Player
  • Morguilus the Defiler

+1
Kings Faith - Only thing worth buying is time.

Offline omarlink

actually i used firefox but anyway i deleted the .RAR file and downloading the torrent now hope it works thanks guys :smiley: 

Offline omarlink

I prefer Jzip
And make sure you are not downloading thru a WIFI as data gets lost easy this way.
plus i dont have wi-fi on the pc =/ but am downloading torrent now so hope it works :)